The New Moira is

Tbf, i do think it was possible to give her utility without breaking her. The problem is that this is Blizzard, the cant balance to save their lives and are hell bent on nerfing Moira at any possible chance.

3 Likes

after playing about four games i agree. i can see it being good at the highest elos with coordination. dont like it in my games. gonna keep on trying but man do i feel nerfed lol

I meant that Sym v3 was a fine hero, and yeah, I’ve been point out to people the REALLY slow ult charging Beta Moira gets.

I don’t think they thought Moira is broken, they just saw she is not picked very often.

Did they go by OWL or OW1 for this?

1 Like

I don’t understand these changes, weaken just stops the game from progressing for a while, I thought we were trying to move away from supports and tanks only negating stuff and instead trying to make sure they can help get stuff done so matches don’t stagnate sitting in chokes all game

Good idea, mercy with damage reduction would also feel right with her … peaceful charisma

So? Anyone who likes necrotic orb Moira would be just as happy if not happier with Ana or Baptiste. We don’t need every single primary healer to be glued to a defensive posture with their only worth providing heals + utility.

Old Moira was rad. New Moira is a dollar store version of the other primary healers which already outclassed her to begin with. This isn’t going to draw in more new supports than it will drive old supports out.

5 Likes

Quick, let’s completely change Echo then! Full rework go! /s

1 Like

the cooldowns is what gets me. i think they have to half most of them, it feels like your so limited in playing her. everything on cooldown all the time.

if they keep her this way im hardly ever gonna play her lol

Yeah i dont like Moira now and they should have given mercy something extra to do

If we HAD to leave Moira as is i would reduce the fade cooldown and reduce the timer on the new necrotic orb because she needs to be able to get to a good position first to use the ability and any cooldowns over 15 seconds feel like im never going to use the ability again and im wasting my time

All they had to do was up the usefulness of damage orb to be on par with the healing orb. Moira was all about choosing one of the two sides depending on the situation.

Also wth is with them and long cooldowns. I can’t speak for everyone but I prefer my abilities to be one shorter CD’s with a weaker effect then a long CD with a stronger effect. More so in a fast paced game.

3 Likes

Any player who thinks Moira actually needed a damage orb was probably one of those that only liked farming lowbie dps players - ie a “DPS” Moira - the worst kind of Moira player. If you play Moira in higher ranks, you are wasting your orb if it’s not healing. It was okay for the occasional chip damage but a targeted weaken is so much better than random chip damage.

Do you know what is better than a weakened target? a dead one.
Damage orb allowed you to time it to hit with the enemy’s escape route, so when your S76,Mcree or anyone else two taps a target and leaves them at 10-15% life it would finish off the kill instead of them getting healed up (Fueling support Alts, and having them remain in the fight)

Its not that her new orb does not have a place, or is not a good ability… it is that it ruined what many Moria players found fun with her.

1 Like

It all just seems stupid. They’ve been pushing for more aggressive interactions in play style, yet they nerf a support that already fits their new format.

6 Likes

Literally. Moira in OW1 is a Aggressive Hero in a more Passive, slower game. So, in OW2 where things are faster and more aggressive, she’d be perfect? RIGHT? Well, the first 2 weeks of Beta proved that, yes… Moira flourishes in 5v5/OW2. But, no… lets give her a utility that comes at the cost of Thanos Snapping Damage Orb and dumptsering the rest of her kit!!!111

5 Likes

I proposed an alternative, melee-delivered version of the ‘necrotic orb’ attack debuff, that doesn’t displace damage orb, in a linked thread. Feel free to discuss and provide comments, questions, and criticism.

1 Like

Would be way better as a minor melee debuff. I really liked that one experimental patch with a melee slow effect. It would be a fun minor utility addition to round out her kit without taking anything away.

1 Like

Please revert Moira devs

4 Likes

Regardless of everything she just seems boring now. She’s not fun to play anymore

4 Likes