The new inactivity rules are extreme

on attack you can still do that , you will just have to rejoin a couple of times after getting kicked and wait till the enemy gets kicked and go cap 1st point , but if you’re forcefully spawn camped you dont want to keep getting kicked and lose endorsement level or even -50 sr if you get kicked in the last 10 seconds and cant rejoin in time before the game ends

Where do you draw the line on that statement??

Really spawn camping isn’ t nearly as efficient as killing them right before they get to their team again. One wastes 7 seconds of their time and keeps you away from the fight. The other wastes 20-30 seconds of their time, and you get to keep harassing the other team.

2 Likes

Shhhh. It remains unfixed.

I’m not understanding the question. Like the line of what constitutes spawncamping or the line of what constitutes it being obnoxious or what-?

I am going to try to check in the game to confirm if there were changes to the AFK rules. Previously there were two rules (and those rules may still exist).

• You must actively move every 45 seconds.
  • You must deal damage or provide healing every three minutes.

I believe if there was an undocumented change, it is probably to prevent an exploit which I have been investigating personally for some time now. I am going to be numb on the details of exactly how this is done.

Now it appears you must make a valid effort to exit the spawn. I understand the complaints about spawn camping but remember to utilize all possible exits and adjusting your team composition to counter any spawn camping strategies. The way I see it if you die outside of the safe zone and buffer zone that should break any AFK timers, and if that is not actually happening, then I would consider that a bug.

To help me out please post replay codes of your matches where you encountered this. If possible specify the time index of the replay (not the round or match timer) of when you were kicked.

15 Likes

i have noticed it as well.
alt tab to change music mid-game bcuz mayb that song isn’t working for my team.
naa inactive timer
like 4 secs of afk and there it is.
shoot move leave spawn still can’t shake it
wut a joke

1 Like

In blizzard’s case “I wonder if I smash my head on the computer what will happen”

well people did complain about and some lazy throwers would just stay in spawn and move a little.

Imagine how boring you game has to be, that players use bots to grind it.

You supposed to play this game, like drug addict on speeds. Without distractions such as setting better music.

1 Like

hello, I was the person who brought light to this tactic months ago and wanted to warn blizz before people made bots for it. blizz never bothered, but then there were reports of bots so they had to do something. this is not the way I wanted it to be fixed. this is probably the worse way to solve this issue because now spawn camping will actually become a big issue.

2 Likes

Holy hell they cant do a single thing right. I come to the forums to see if something worth happens with this game i loved so much but it just gets worse and worse.

3 Likes

You should have thought of that BEFORE reporting. Because Blizzard always fix things in their own unique fashion.

I won’t be surprised, if they would add “kill zone” with timer in spawn room, so if you stay inside for too long, you are teleported out for enemy team to kill.

ummm instead of trying to get a can of worms solution of “make spawn camping kickable/bannable” (i.e. it’d be legit hard to enforce as it’s just relying on reports which we all know isn’t all that reliable and leaves plenty of room for different subjective disputes as what constitutes as “spawnkilling” can be pretty subjective if not simply disputable),
why not just implement more punishments in enemy spawn areas?
e.g. indestructible turrets that only work in a set distance from spawn that deals very significant damage to enemies nearby (e.g. say 30~50% of max hp per second) granting a safe space outside of spawn.

After the incidents and the public outcry, it is fair to say that Bli$$ard now hates its own community and is holding a grudge . Thus, they will deal out punishments left and right with blatant and hidden changes to make the gaming experience as worse as possible for everyone.

They know, that the silent majority will applaud these changes because law and order is what they want.

so lets say you have 2 leavers on your team and now you have to some how convince the remaining of your team to group up inside spawn and push from a side or else you will all keep getting kicked , you just created a bigger problem instead of fixing one , people can and will abuse this whenever they spawn camp anyone , defenders can purposly bodyblock spawn doors with shields to force enemies in leading to them getting forcefully kicked

4 Likes

I’m really confused how Blizz didn’t see this happening. I know the whole “they don’t play the game” thing is a joke, but in this case it seems apt. I can’t think of any other reason beyond they just didn’t know better.

5 Likes

What are you doing if you literally can’t leave the spawn room even for a second? There are multiple exits (some of which can be unreachable by most enemy heroes), you have a massive spawn advantage, and in some cases you’re able to shoot at the enemy while being invulnerable.

I’ve never experienced spawn camping so effective that nobody was able to get through the doors for several minutes.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure the kicking helps against bot accounts staying in spawn. I’ve seen a 6 stack of bots in many of my friend’s games a few days ago. Someone with lvl25 accounts in bronze just standing in the spawn room, occasionally moving to not get kicked.

Likely to resell the accounts.

3 Likes

any damage you inflict while being in the safe zone or the buffer zone doesnt reset inactivity , and you dont need to leave the safe zone only but you have to leave the buffer zone aswell ( you can take damage in the buffer zone ) so basically you can be shooting enemies and getting shot in spawn and still get counted as inactive , if the afk timer is ticking and you die in the buffer zone , you will respawn with the timer still ticking and get kicked

2 Likes