The mercy situation

My god, that was a real good laugh :joy:

1 Like

I watched until it got overtly insulting and naming individuals and then switched off.

I’m not sure what you were tying to achieve with the video other than help promote strife in the community and further the divisions between players.

Oh, you think your opinion is facts now? Oh my… Then I am afraid that we certainly are finished here. Have a good one Musica! Our conversation has been most riveting! :blush:

I appreciate that, but I should say that not everyone feels that way in terms of being called something. Calling someone a “cultist” in most cases is an insult and a derogatory slur in most cultures. I would humbly suggest that you be mindful of that and sensitive to how you refer to other people. :slight_smile:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

Honestly another reason why people want to rework her with Mass Rez back is also because its simple. They have the build and assets for it, all thats needed is just reprogamming here and there.

Why I say its simple? Its because it takes months for a rework and there are other heroes who are in need of balancing instead of it being Mercy like Bastion and Reaper for example.

1 Like

As I said before, I wasn’t trying to achieve… anything. At all. Like I said, I made the video as something silly to show my friends for laughs, and I didn’t know it would gain traction whatsoever. It took me maybe 10 minutes to make. My sense of humor consists of satire and dry humor and outside of that I do not act like that at all. I have apologized for any hurt I may have caused.

It may have been a laugh at the start but that doesn’t change that many people will now have to contend with the consequences of your actions.

This thread is a good example of how it promotes division in the community.

I’m at least 90% sure that the crowd that said YouTube isn’t covered by the blizzard CoC to justify a certain user’s YouTube videos are arguing the opposite here which is wild.

However, yes, this post will probably be taken down.

1 Like

Okay. I’m deeply sorry, once again.

You haven’t come up with anything to debate or disproof any point i’ve made. Just condescending stuff repeated over and over. Just look at your replies, you never address or quote the points, you address a tiny bit of it, the most “convenient”. I told you already many times, and this time about something that’s up to logic and a basic understanding of written text. Explain yourself, if you can. Seems like you really can’t.

It’s really sad. <---- Opinion.

Funny thing, just like the real ones in life, they seem to not be able to debate. Saddening.

2 Likes

On YouTube itself, nothing can be done. But as soon as it’s on the forums, it’s subject to Blizzards rules, as it’s their forums. The video itself won’t be actioned on, but the thread can be removed.

1 Like

You’re correct. I never said it was the wrong argument; I said it was hypocritical :woman_shrugging: though the video wasn’t made with bad intentions and spoke a lot of truth, it does technically violate the blizzard CoC just like other mercy YouTube videos have.

The Mercy situation is that even in Silver, picking her is throwing. Across 52 games I’ve played this season on Zen, the number of times I’ve won with Mercy as a teammate? Twice.
For context, using that same situation, me on Zen, another on Moira, that amounts to 16 wins. 7 for Brig, 6 for Lucio. The only one with the same amount of wins is Ana, who currently has a 2-3 record. Mercy is a throw pick outside of Numbani A.

The thing is that filthy language and plain insults undermine the attempt to share the point of view, even if it holds some truth to it.

1 Like

The Mercy situation is this.

Why pick her at all now aside from nostalgia or you REALLY love her.
Every support is better than her since they at least offer impact to the game.

Im a flex, and I used to love playing Mercy, dropped her in Jan, and after her latest nerf, I dont see any value to her be it Im playing her or someone else on my team is her.

1 Like

I think Mccree needs a speed buff, but I’m not going to make 3 threads a day about it, force people to agree with me, and threaten Blizzard until he gets it. Mercy mains have this awful angry mob mentality and wonder why they get excessive negativity hurled their way.

Um, actually, I haven’t actually seen a Mercy thread locked in quite a while. Only if it was rightfully toxic and derailed by people.

Well, the difference between this and Miss Rose’s videos (who I assume you’re talking about) is that she always has the names covered unless it’s one of the Developers. That’s the main thing being pointed out, here. I don’t really see what’s hypocritical in sticking to the rules…

1 Like

Technically he did get a buff, his roll got turned from 8s to 6s now.

Its understandable why theyre angry. They got a rework no one asked for, made her OP and made other peeps hate her because she was a must pick, made threads before it got out of hand to change her but…we know it didnt happen.

Then megathreads where all the ‘feedback’ was taken into ‘consideration’ which was basically a garbage disposal site. And lo and behold the ingenius plan to balance Mercy after all that months worth of feedback was…a 10hps nerf.

So its not a wonder why theyre upset about how poor Blizz handled Mercy’s balancing.

1 Like

This thread is literally what the video is about. People who can’t accept that others don’t share their opinions.

I don’t think most Mercy players based on my own experiences is opposed to new ideas, but new ideas are also not easy to picture. Mass rez is the easiest thing to really fight for as people have played mass rez, theres plenty of clips on youtube if you haven’t played it, and also statistics on it making it easier to try and comprehend it as something that can be fun and balanced. A new change would be hard to tell if it would work and I think after the rework it’s even more daunting to picture something new as fun and balanced.

Problem comes up when you suggest something different.
Say buff valk to 60hp, 1 res only usable during ultimate (valk) with a E added (damage reduction whatever) that’s fun.
Or valk we have now buffed to 55hp thats fun.
You get immediately hounded by a certain group.

The ultimate (pun?) problem is the inability to consider other options outside of mass res for many people.

3 Likes