The mercy situation

I know, I know, another mercy thread… but my friend made a very interesting video on the fan base and pro revert mercy threads. Very eye opening in my opinion and brings a new perspective to the subject.

30 Likes

Loving every second of the video. This is the only youtuber we need to make videos about Mercy.

The. Only. One.

10 Likes

Lul, that’s actually a really good video :grin:.

I only slightly disagree with one point - the flood of ever repeating Mercy threads being only annoying. Well, they are. But that’s the only thing we have left after all that time. Just to annoy everyone until someone listens. Or people start supporting us just to make it stop.

JK, I doubt this is the reason people are still making Mercy threads. But objectivelly - this is the only value left in them. And maybe will work one day - at least in a way that things will start moving in a better direction again :woman_shrugging:.

3 Likes

I’m mean it’s not wrong the revert crowd does indeed make threads reiterating and rewording of already existing threads.

And this is obviously doesn’t paint a very pretty picture of your cause when members of it do nothing but the definition of insanity “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”

it’s almost if people don’t relize that doing the same thing over and over again isn’t going to change any hearts it’s just going to turn more people against you and claim that you’re delusional,insane etc at that point. Thus the “delusional” stereotype of mercy mains is born.And once agian damaging their own reputation

2 Likes

Look, I get why people are hesitant to reveal their voices on the internet, but text to speech is not the answer. I’d recommend your friend to create a thread of their own instead of forcing their audience to decipher robot gibberish.

1 Like

Calling people who disagree stupid nullifies any point you have.

15 Likes

Yeah well, the guy in the video was right tho, that’s the equivalent of Jehova’s witnesses.

Answering to you because, dude, you’ve been typing for 12 minutes, i was hoping for a good ol’ wall of text. Disappointed.

^^ That sums it up for me

Well, it gets like this when you do not adress any points made by those people for a year (and Yes or No reaction isn’t really telling Why).

Also… Why do people keep quoting a Far Cry line? It’s not a correct definition by far and it’s not even funny, when you have to “explain” it like this.

Hecc’in hell.

1 Like

To me or the Tx? :grin:

And for me, I do a lot of things at the same time, since I am at work, so I type part, do stuff, type another part… Kinda hectic work, but at least I can shiptoast a bit on forums when I have a minute.

Edit: Slamming the door in their face is the equivalent of just keep scrolling and not paying attention to Mercy threads tbh.

Because the guy was a great character and the line is great.

Really loved that game. Made me also discover Die Antwoord

To Tx. I quoted you to comment on what you said and then replied to him to tell him that. There wasn’t much to quote from his post.

ah crap I’m litterally become what I hate at this point I apologize i got caught up in my own emotions instead of being objective again and

yeah the far cry isn’t the real one but it’s infinitely way more known this is the actually qoute I beleive at least " Insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results."

but to be honest the video has some good points but I kinda ruined that with me getting way to passionate over a video that completely empathise with me

I actually like this post and video

3 Likes

like everybody when asking their buff for their character for there’s no problem but when you ask for mercy it such a big problem LMAO like they giving their opinions forums made for these

2 Likes

Hi! I’m the person that made this video (I didn’t even know this thread was made until right now, I was confused as to why my silly video was getting views so quickly lol) and I’d like to clear something up. My intent wasn’t for the video to be taken too seriously, what with the “meme” style I tried to incorporate into it with the text to speech and all the bad jokes. Everything I said in there was my honest opinion; just exaggerated!
I don’t think it’s right to call anyone stupid and I agree with the cause of the Mercy crowd, just not the execution :smiley:

8 Likes

The video calls out specific forum members. I’m not too sure if doing that was a smart idea on your part.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

5 Likes

Awesome. I didn’t wanna do that in the comment section, so thanks for reposting here.

Listen, and closely.

Nobody is sayin that. The video is not sayin that. We are not sayin that. The video, which you claim to have seen and listened to, it’s bringing different points than what you are fighting it on.

Rewatch the video, please.

Those were big selling points, loved it. Good job there.

Blizz reach doesn’t get to Youtube. And believe me, he could have chosen worse posts to show. Be glad.

I guess I should add more so I just want to say, the amount of mercy threads there are especially bad mercy threads, and repeat mercy threads does paint a bad picture of the revert mercy crowd and even the rework mercy crowd.

Honestly it gets annoying and while I agree everyone should be allowed to make as many threads as they want assuming its not one person spamming the same thread over and over, but come on guys moderation, heck even just keeping the wall of text that is the Titanium thread up and active which has multiple points such as fun factor impact skill etc would be great, if you feel like you should elaborate more on certain points sure go ahead do that nothing wrong with that I encourage it but if your post has been repeated ten times over already unless your replying to someone there’s no reason to make yet another post about it! if you dont feel like you should just type up a reply just link one of the threads discussing it!

Wanta make a thread discussing your own rework idea? Cool! Go for it man! Wanta make a thread talking about how you feel about Mercy’s current state? Cool! Go for it! I won’t stop you! But if it’s been done to death do you really have to make another post about it? Just ask yourself that question before you press that post button, whichever way you go with it I’ll still support you and give a like if I agree with the post.

My intent wasn’t to call out anybody specific, I apologize if it came off like that! Like I said previously, this video wasn’t made to be taken very seriously and I’m sorry if I’ve offended anyone ): I’ll make a note to blur out names next time if I make another video like this!

1 Like

The video has been posted in a thread on Blizzard’s official forums. Should I be glad that this is grounds for violating the CoC through calling out actual forum members? :blush:

Thanks! I would highly suggest it. There have been people in the past who have made vids of this nature and ended up being suspended for including the names. It’s just something to watch out for. The mods are very picky about that type of stuff since it can evolve into witch-hunting / threatening other users.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart: