The Mercy Rework - Part 1: An Introduction

Then said healing should be effective at saving lives, for starters.

1 Like

Iā€™d argue mercy does too. It wasnā€™t what I was talking about it was more that you have to play the picks that are good and play agency across all supports has been reduced since game release.

As much as any other supports.

As for Valkā€¦ itā€™s an ult that can change the tide of the fight and when used well can force a team into a situation where they have to counter ult well or lose.

No matter how small, she has had her ult changed a few times and a overhaul. Actually it is relevant when these topics seem to always come forth when she is not or near the meta.

In a world before Moira maybe Mercy might have gotten that niche but I feel like the devs already locked themselves out of that option. Not like Moira has much else to do except spray pee.

only 5 more days til part 2 LETS GO

read this is the cinema film describer deep voice voice

1 Like

Which is weird, as Moira also had her healing reduced.

I wouldnā€™t decrease the cast time anymoreā€¦ At the very least to be safeā€¦

If you disagree, thatā€™s fine.

Thatā€™s fair.

2 Likes

YES IT IS.

People need to understand thisā€¦ especially the fact that every hero needs a hero moment.

As in, something more than numbers, more than ā€œThe enemy can kill me whenever haha but I guess Iā€™ll win if theyā€™re blindā€

No.

Every hero needs an earth shatterā€¦ every hero needs a breaking it down moment. A moment that says ā€œIā€™m not letting you defeat me.ā€

4 Likes

Resurrect on cooldown is a broken ability, it should be part of Valk.

It seems like thereā€™s a Mercy in every game of quickplay.

2 Likes

Also read it in the movie epic voice, if only we could go BACK, back to the past.

1 Like

Its almost like there is a specific category of heroes that is very very catered to, one that is so catered, that it has defined basically all metas, and practically all balancing across the board save for a few and continues to be completely toxic and rampant.
But on the other side, the devs cant do anything because the majority of the ā€œprosā€ and the ā€œE-Celebsā€ play this category of heroes, so that cant be touched, not ever ever ever.

What?

I shouldnā€™t be able to throw a grav at a Nanoblade?

Wait until you hear about Sleep Dart :wink:

4 Likes

except rez isnt brokenā€¦and no, it shouldnt be part of Valk, because the time one needs/wants to rez isnt generally the same time when one needs/wants to valk

Okay but when youā€™re done with this can you read me a bedtime story

3 Likes

But you donā€™t reverse already dealt damage. If you throw graviton after Nanoblade already sliced most of your teammates, you still lost this fight.

Main complaint about MR always was it being used after fight is assumed to be over. While other ults are more ā€œin your faceā€ and your team can simply throw in more damage to overcome them.

MR, on the other hand, relied on your good judgement, but had less obvious clues, such as Mercy not being among players you killed.

Iā€™m glad to see you back in action, Titanium. And you made a great video, with good points. The sheer boredom that set in after you got over how OP Mercy 2.0 was, canā€™t be described. And now she justā€¦exists.

5 Likes

And you just gave an example as to why consistent healing =/= main-healer. Zenyatta has the most consistent healing in the game, but heā€™s still an off-healer because his healing output is so low.

Mercyā€™s healing having the quality of ā€œconsistentā€ does not make her a main-healer. Her healing output must also be high enough to contest considerable amounts of damage flung at her team, and right now, it just isnā€™t.

No, I really shouldnā€™t. Thereā€™s a reason I always have an Ana or Baptiste on my team while playing Mercy these days.

6 Likes

I donā€™t really dislike current Mercy, but I definitely think that more could be done to make her more engaging & turn a fight. While I may not be 100% on board with MR (closer to 80%), I do hope Mercy gets a serious look-at come OW2.

But with OWL being the first in line for OW2, I sadly donā€™t think the general community would be the one youā€™d need to convince.

I think the only real chance of seeing mass res return would be if the devs eventually added a gamemode where hero talents could be used in pvp (likely due to community demand). Theyā€™d be very hesitant, but they were hesitant to support death-match as well, and it turned out rather popular despite the obvious flaws.

4 Likes

Mercyā€™s current state is among the best states she has ever been in, imo

as such, she needs no changes whatsoever at this timeā€¦and absolutely does not need to return to the old mass rez days

also ā€“ given how most reworks have gone, I canā€™t understand how anyone who claims to love the characterā€¦whether it be Mercy or any of the other charactersā€¦would wish the horror that is a rework on said character

Uh, no?

If anything, Support as a category has more agency now than it did on launch. Lucioā€™s agency skyrocketed with his rework before the OG Dive Meta. Ana released as an absolute juggernaut of support agency, and since then Baptiste has replaced her as the benchmark.

If and only if your team manages to get their crap together, which again, isnā€™t within your control. If you pop Valkyrie, the fight is still a coin flip, especially if the enemy team has a better ultimate at their disposal in their support lineupā€¦ which is to say, they have any support that isnā€™t Mercy.

With other supports (especially Baptiste, Lucio, and Zenyatta), you can turn a fight that is almost certainly lost into an even fight, or potentially into a winning fight, without needing additional input from your team. With Mercy, to get anywhere you need your team to be better than the enemy team. Youā€™re stuck with ā€œDo what little you can and hope thatā€™s enough.ā€

7 Likes