The Mercy rework did nothing good for the community

I’m done here, you’re just going to take everything I say and twist it fir your logic.

Hell no. That’s how you get massive power creep and ruin the game.

1 Like

what I wanted was a support to save my life, not telling me when to die.

“just ducking die already” were her words once, angry at me even when I had a good shot at continuing fighting, but sure theres some room for positive interpretation in your sadistic mind amirite.

1 Like

Mercy would use GA to get to her dead teammates, then Rez. LOS would just make tempo teases wonky when a pole or the play load blocks who you wanted the Rez.

How exactly is telling someone where they should preferably die the same as telling someone when to die?

I’m not gullible.

“preferably” Ive been playing since launch and never saw a single Mercy using that word, you can sweetcoat it all you want but in my experience Mass Ress Mercys were very specific not only about the position of your death but about the timing too, they didnt care if I could survive or not, that was not a support to me, which is why Im glad its out.

Dont believe me, believe the Devs that removed the skill for good, must have had a good reason, if you think its simply because “they hate mercy” maybe you are more gullible than you realize.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

consider this you could down vote people on the old forums.

I’m interpreting it for you since you legitimately think that Mercy players wanted you to die…

One was subjective. The other was mostly a fallacy.

Why are you making up words? When did I say this?

I remember befor they gave Mercy the Healing Beam and Damage beam when she was fun to play. Then they gave her the healing beam and damage beam and made her not fun to play.

I dont care for your interpretations, I was fully aware of the strategy behind mercys saying something like that but still it didnt necessary felt pleasant, thats the situation I frequently experimented and Ive read the same sentiment from other people too,

You didnt, Im assuming youre defending that awful skill because the developers didnt have a good reason and you want that ridiculous thing back, reality is the skill got removed, tell me why.

It isn’t a problem if you interpreted it wrong.

Maybe stop assuming. Also, it got removed because of ”Hide n Res” and ”Disheartening to play against”. Both of which have already been refuted.

3 Likes

Heroes NEVER die!!! :wink:

Having crap healers ruins the game because everyone just tries to play team deathmatch and not heal.

Its not a problem of interpretation, this is not poetry 101, its a very fast paced game that have supports that are supposed to prevent death and keep you alive, Mercys looking forward for the team’s death wasnt intuitive at all and there were clear evidence of that being akward and uncomfortable for everyone involved.

Refuted? where? I hope you dont mean the Reaper ult comparisons, thats As refuted as the flath earthers using google earth to prove it isnt round. Sure

I’m sorry but something you can’t interpret within seconds whilst the rest of us can is not my concern nor is it a problem.

I’ll give you an hour to read this.

I’ll buy this. Opinion somewhat changed regarding Moira.

Imo, she’s probably where they want her to be after this last nerf. Her mass res kinda sucked. It was always only undoing an ult, or a 1-2 man res mid-fight. Unless you sent your team to bait out ults/abilities, die, and get res’d. You were never able to use your ult to get ahead, just to negate a lead. It was awkward.

Current Mercy now has a lot of opportunity cost. Lucio, Ana, and Moira all have more ways to help their team as a main healer, and more control on how the game goes. But now, her kit goes flawlessly. You res someone that got picked off early. You move around, healing and damage boosting. It’s easy, and easy is no longer rewarded as much.

Worth it? I’m not sure. Going forward, it’ll be nice. She’s in a good spot but not OP. Her kit operates smoothly, but she has a skill cap. But the months of Mercy Hunter sucked for everyone but snipers. The cost is paid, so I’m not going to worry about it. I like where she’s at.

It added bunny hop, the only reason that I still play Mercy

Agreed. She needed tweaks, possibly a major ult rework while keeping rez in the ult slot where it belongs, but that was it.

Now she’s… I’m a healer main, and she’s the only one I won’t touch 95% of the time. And when I do, it’s only because I feel like something different for a round or two before I get too disgusted with her current state and go back to Ana, Lúcio, Moira, or Brigitte.

Pick and win rates aren’t everything, and if that’s all Blizzard has to justify their “successful rework” line then I fear for the future of this game.

4 Likes

Using mass rez to undo an ult is just trading one Q press for another. Red Mercy doing a 1-2 man rez to get man advantage actually gave you ult advantage against the enemy, since tempo rezzing required Mercy to burn her ult before the enemy did. If she tempo rezzed, she could no longer undo your Q presses afterwards.

I get how instarez felt bad to play against, but that was because there was no proactive counterplay. That could have been fixed by adding LoS/Cast time, so then you could stun/kill Mercy during the cast to stop her from rezzing.

If you’re talking about how rez now has a cast time when you say “opportunity cost”, the same could have been added to mass rez. Rez is actually more powerful now that it’s on a cooldown, because now even the worst Mercy players get rez every thirty seconds. It’s no longer tied to personal preformance.

Mercy actually used to have a much higher skill ceiling than people give her credit for. Tempo rezzing used to be really easy to screw up, because if you made the wrong judgement call you ended up feeding your own teammates to the enemy. And that’s on top of giving up the ability to reverse any enemy Q presses for the remainder of the fight. But if you got it right, you felt like a chessmaster and a hero.

Mercy has lost that chessmaster feeling. She now feels like a sidekick instead of a hero.

True, Mercy doesn’t take much mechanical skill. She never has. But that doesn’t mean that Mercy deserves to be excluded from having a high skill ceiling, because mechanical skill is far from the only thing to master in this game.