The Mercy rework did nothing good for the community

Change my mind. I personally ditched Mercy a few seasons ago because of the constant nerfs and how soulless and boring her kit became.

We removed mass rez because it was “hurting” the game but I gotta ask you, was it all worth it? We had over 1 year of OP Mercy now thanks to this garbage rework, this “successful” rework seems to finally be finished after just ca. 14 straight nerfs in a row. Congrats to being a worse balancing team than an actual indie company.

My biggest Problem with this rework isn’t even how they killed Mercy for me and gave us “Mercy”, no my biggest problem is how it made this community legit a team free-for-all.

You got the hardcore Mercy haters who hate her so much and her low skill requirement to do good that they want her deleted or gutted.

You got the Ana mains who were left in D Tier and in Mercys shadow for almost 1 year so they are either just neutral on the topic or are very open about how they enjoy Mercys fall from Op status.

You got the hardcore Mercy mains who spam the forums and talk too much their feelings and too little with facts. They’re just easy prey for the groups above to go wild or make generalisations about how all Mercy mains are toxic or want to have their character OP.

You got the Mercy mains who give normal feedback but because of the group above and the fact that they got ignored this their tens of thousands of post with feedback AND the fact that Mercy got nerfed ca. 14 times in a row now you can’t expect them to not be pissed.

Etc there are many more groups but this post will get too long.

Imagine Tracer or Hog getting nerfed that often and all your feedback gets you is hate, sarcasm or a git gud lul.

The rework made the community split into these groups even more than before and I know, this stuff is normal right? Normally yes, but every time the subject of Mercy comes up the community just goes crazy, it’s almost like political parties and I hate it.

I know my post won’t change this because it’s way too late now. But I just can’t deal with this anymore.

Look call me what you want but fact is i ditched Mercy. I couldn’t deal playing OP moth and couldn’t deal with the needed nerfs because we Mercy player’s said this would happen when the Moth was on Ptr.

I know blizz will never revert her, if they can call this embarrassing rework “successful” then I don’t ever expect them to rework her. I think most Mercy mains feel the same, but are so frustrated with “Mercy” and the fact that they got ignored a year ago that they’re just lost and mad.

Imagine hearing “Just adapt” 14 times in a row. just imagine this. now imagine that your favourite character would get this treatment and you knew that the rework wouldn’t work since the PTR. How would feel? I’m not saying that Mercy didn’t need the nerfs, god she really needed them. My personal problem is that she never needed this treatment and this rework.

We could have tried Mass Rez with Los. mass rez with a small cast time (max. 1 sec dunno). But we didn’t and I deeply find this regretful.

But here we are. Mercy is finally not a must pick anymore. The rework is done. I don’t expect people to shake hands, I only ask for a less hate filled community.

I hate the Mercy spam myself, but I understand them. I know how they feel, but I also know how fed up EVERYONE is when it comes to talking about Mercy.

So please let’s stop the hate. If some hardcore Mercy us crying about a revert without much thought try not to verbally destroy them if possible. It’s tough situation. But I don’t think that the hate is helping the community. D.Va was almost hated to the same degree after her reworks and constant changes but as a community we managed to overcome the hate.

I must make this clear, this is not a “buff Mercy” or “revert Mercy” post. I just can’t deal with the blind hating and the unnecassary generalisation anymore.

I’m sorry if my English is off sometimes, it’s not my first language.

If you red this giant text than thank you very much for sticking with my stuff and please get yourself a drink or something, you deserve it.

186 Likes

Sadly enough. I’m going to have to agree. I wonder how the community would have been if the rework never happened. Now a days, most people have been nothing but toxic to both mercy mains, and in general. I kind of miss the old days where she wasn’t such a big deal.

People weren’t so triggered all the time on every little inch of “spotlight” Mercy had with Mass res. Most didn’t care. Times back then were a lot simpler and the game in general was simply more fun.

This rework was a huge failure.

109 Likes

Mercy 1.0 was a Main Support that was incentivized to literally stop healing her teammates and let them die.

Great design.

32 Likes

So you never played her as that wasn’t a thing. Got it

44 Likes

I disagree. I can Lucio now.

3 Likes

What? What do you mean? I played OP Mercy

1 Like

Okay.

8 Likes

You could play Lucio with Mercy 1.0. too. You’re the type of person I mean, I give a normal post and kinda you go like “Yeah kk lul but I can Lucio now so dunno don’t care” I’m glad that the support area is balanced now, it’s just sad that Mercy was ripped of her soul and heart for this to happen

15 Likes

No, YOU are that type of person! I give an honest response, based on my personal experience, and because you don’t agree with me, you cry.

With the previous 2 iterations of Mercy, almost every time I tried to play Lucio I was asked to swap to Mercy or Zen, or asked to play a different role so someone else could. Hence the 200+ hours I’ve accumulated on Zen.

10 Likes

Where am I crying? I criticised you for literally not making a point.

Which Mercy do you mean the one with mass rez or some Valk Mercy?

6 Likes

I hated old mercy but in hindsight i wish they would have left her alone becuase there has ALWAYS been a flood of mercy threads since the rework was anounced.

2 Likes

My point: I can play Lucio now. In case my original response was too wordy for you to pick that out…

2 Likes

Yes.
20 charactersss

4 Likes

The only good it did was that her hero rank started to match her popularity. Regardless of which rank I played Mercy was a ridiculously popular pick for a hero that was honestely kinda awful. If I’m going to have a Mercy on my team almost every game then I’d rather be because she’s OP and not an awful hero that most people could only get value from via a very bad strat.

2 Likes

That’s not a point. You’re just glad that Lucio is viable. Mercy never took his place, Lucion was never a main healer

10 Likes

That’s literally what she does now but has to wait every 30 seconds, takes nearly 2 seconds to do it and is very easy to kill in that time. Oh and in that while you a rezzing, your time is 4v6 which will clearly go in the enemies favour.

13 Likes

That’s not true at all. Mercy does not want to use Resurrect, as it goes on cooldown. Before, Resurrecting 5 people was the same cooldown as 1, so why not let everyone die?

3 Likes

Yes, you’ve finally found the point! There’s hope for you yet bro. I believe.

3 Likes

Okay seems like you’re not willing participate in a debate without acting like a child. Have fun with Lucio but stop replying to me if you’re not ready to talk mature

9 Likes

I have never enjoyed Overwatch as much as I have in the last few days.

Being able to play with a variety of supports, I am finally seeing lucio again, I am seeing other supports than zen again.

The meta at the high levels is pretty good right now with goats being run alot.
Also ana is the most fun and interesting support to play with and against in the game.

I think mercy in her current state has done so damn much for my enjoyment it is actually insane.

I love this game right now.

now they just need to fix and the actual sh!t ton of bugs in the game then we’re good till they start adding good events and lore.

7 Likes