The Mercy Raid?

People are saying she is not fine and giving reasons.

What they need is mercy is fine because xxxx

1 Like

Although I’m kinda fine with Mercy’s current state, what exactly is wrong with people making new threads on the forum? I know it was a coordinated attempt but not like ddos or anything just a protest to make them see how many unsatisfied Mercy mains are there. There were still less threads than the Brigitte + GOATS QQ threads we see lately on the exact same topic…

1 Like

They don’t like the pauses in her play (from Rez pausing her) and they hate valk.
That is why they want her reverted.

They found mercy mostly fun before that.

I’d put Rez back as her ult but make it single target and rebalance around that.

It would make the rest of her kit stronger (since single target rez is weaker than multirez).

Which would fix their “she isn’t impactful outside of her special abilities” problem.

Devs:
here are the reasons

Anti-mercy faction:
we dont accept or agree with those reasons

Devs:
argh, why did we bother with this…

Factually, Mercy doesnt pause while performing rez

A player can choose to have Mercy pause while rez’ing, but I would not recommend it

Yes they have.

Mercy cannot pause rez once cast.

1 Like

I know of no evidence to suggest that Blizzard is ignoring the anti-mercy faction

Factually, that was not what I was referring to in the post that the statement above replied to

No they just slow her the way down so it feels like it…

It is a pause to play.

1 Like

Remind me how many Blue Posts have been made about the state of Mercy since their controversial “we feel like Mercy is in a good place right now” post last year?

Then you didn’t word your post well. Your post implied the current form of Rez.

Factually, no pausing occurs when Mercy performs rez

My post was worded accurately and correctly

They didn’t reply to the Ghetto threads.

They didn’t even do a summary.

Now, that isn’t technically ignoring them, but it was what was needed to make people feel ignored.

It was a really bad move. I think Blizzard’s bad communication is what’s caused 90% of this mess.

1 Like

Here is what you said word-for-word:

If you were referring to an older version of Mercy, you should have said, “Mercy didn’t pause while performing rez. A player could choose to have mercy pause while rez’ing.”

You do know how the past tense works, right?

If A fails to reply to B, it doesnt prove that A is ignoring B.

A may be listening intently and simply choosing to not respond.

see above

It sounds like what you are saying above is that the anti-mercy faction is actively choosing to misinterpret the absence of a response as the same as being ignored.

Thats just my interpretation, and I want to be clear that I am not attempting to put words in your mouth

I know what I stated, and it was stated accurately and correctly

Agreed. I would have had a little more respect for them if they had just come out, acknowledged that Valkyrie is so divisive, and given their reasons for keeping Valk as the ultimate despite all the criticism.

Their silence is deafening.

Maybe English is not your first language? Because when you wrote the following words:

You were absolutely, irrefutably wrong. Do you acknowledge that in her current state, which is what you clearly referred to, Mercy is locked into casting Rez once the cast begins? Or are you going to hold onto your failed position?

1 Like

I don’t like the term anti mercy faction because they are not anti mercy at all, they like the character, not the current power balance within the character.

But I’ll do the minimum editing needed to change what you said to my view.

the anti-mercy faction could be misinterpret the absence of a response as the same as being ignored. But, that is a reasonable stance to take.

It is a reasonable stance to take, as it was the biggest thread the forums had seen, and blizzard forced it into existence and one of the MOST discussed topics in that threads was the worry that it was being used as a ghetto threads so blizzard could ignore it.

If you talked to a person at work who was obviously upset. And said… hey, you making a lot of noise being upset, let’s pick a time and you can tell me everything which is going on

You said there I think my concerns are being ignored, and… They don’t say anything, and then leave without a word, your most reasonable view is you are being ignored.

2 Likes