The Mercy Raid?

I dont know of anything in her current kit that goes against her intended playstyle.

If there was such an aspect to her kit, I believe that the devs would not have added it in the first place - ie all parts of her kit were and are intentionally defined for her use. Time and money have to be put into adding each piece - and as such, all are intentionally part of her kit

“Mercy is fine” was given several times before and yet she still gotten nerfed.

I’d be iffy too if they said “she’s fine” because it’s about the third or fourth time they’ve said it.

I mean…they kept saying Ana was fine just weak to Dive for the longest time.

How many months has it been since the last nerf?

Seems like its been a while, and there was a significant buff in the meantime as well

Say you ran a company.

And you say to your employees (because they have been complaining about feedback being ignored) - we value your feed back, please put it in a envelope, and put it in this box.

You then everytime someone tried to give feedback outside of that system, say no - put it in the box…

So people do, and the main piece of feedback was ‘i think no one reads the pieces of paper in the box’ and… Nothing happens.

It is reasonable upon evidence, for the employees to think, they are not reading the pieces of paper and just did this to shut people up?

It is also reasonable for them to think the box is useless?

If the management cared enough about the feedback items in the box and found them useful, what is their best response to people putting in piece after piece of paper saying we don’t think any of this is being read?

In this, the box is the ghetto threads.

I personally dont see any evidence that in the case of Blizzard, the pieces of paper are not being read

They haven’t technically been ignored, no.

However their concerns have not been addressed in the slightest. After the rework actually dropped I do not think I have seen a single person complain about Mercy being underpowered or too weak. However even when she was an OP must pick, you had people complaining about how she wasn’t fun, how she was a chore to play and so on.

How has Blizzard responded in nearly every case?

Continuing the discussion from [Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018:

With stats. With how viable she is. No one was complaining about that.

When someone responds to something you said with a statement that makes literally zero sense in the context of the conversation… generally people will make the assumption that the person did not hear you or did not understand you. At that point most people will then say it again in different words or say it again louder.

Which is generally what has happened… and has been happening for 1.5 years.

This Mercy Raid was 100% people saying it again louder. Or at least attempting to.

There actually was.

At one point, back when the Developer accounts forum profiles were actually public, the active Mercy Mega thread had more posts than all the developer accounts had “Posts Read” put together.

If any of them had been reading the thing, like they claimed they were, that shouldn’t have been the case.

If you think they are being read…if you don’t respond to that, then people will have good reason to believe they are not.

Either … Blizzard is ignored them, or didn’t care if people thought they ignored the (and thus ignoring them anyway)

Either way, they are upset with good reason.

But the most reasonable read of the situation is, they were ignored in the first place, but if they were actually reading and couldn’t be bothered to respond then it is still bad.

Either situation leads to here.

How were the posts that were read by developers while they were not logged in to their forum account tallied?

They wouldn’t be, but the forums auto log you in… why wouldn’t they be logged in?

I dont think this is a reasonable conclusion in any way, shape, or form.

This is a case where there is no basis to form such a conclusion - or any conclusion

why would you have to be logged in to read posts?

I can read posts while not logged in with no issues at the moment.

This Mercy Raid was a cash grab by a metuber.

Attention -> revenue, in the context of metube

Those who participated in the raid were used by this metuber

So you are accusing literally everyone who took part of being brainwashed?

Cool.

I didn’t take part but… geez that’s insulting.

There’s people who say that this “rework” movement is like a cult.
It’s not. It’s just what happens when you rework a hero for the wrong reasons.

The rework simply pissed off a load of people and put the spotlight on the ridiculous logic behind many changes that Blizzard does. Because the general arguments used by blizzard have been torn, ripped inside out. Every word has been analyzed. The Mercy folks debunked everything in every way possible, showing blizzard was lying through their teeth.

And yet, people think that this is somehow acceptable by blizzard?
Instead of going “omg the mercy people are whining so much”, they should go “hmm, yeah maybe blizzard was lying, and so they are supposed to be held accountable for those lies”.

No matter WHAT. Whether you liked or disliked mass-rez, the arguments for changing anything should be valid. Even if it’s a hero you dislike, or removal of a mechanic you dislike.
In this case, it wasn’t.

Do you think there would be such a massive outcry against the rework if the arguments used were valid? Because I don’t think so. We have had many reworks, such as Symmetra and Torbjorn. Or soft-reworks like with Sombra. Sure there were opponents, but in general people were happy with the rework also because the arguments used for the changes were valid.
Mercy though… is still an issue. And will continue to be an issue, because the entire rework is built on a foundation of lies and misdirection and generally also “victim-blaming”.

Factually, I didnt say anything about brainwashing

You implied it.

Sure, you have a number of paths to this point.

We have followed each path, and all of them involve them getting ignored.

Which means unless you can show another path, then they were ignored

Either the ghetto thread wasn’t being read, which is they were ignored.

Or, the biggest issue IN the thread never got addressed (which is they were not reading the thread) in which case they were ignored.

There isn’t a lot other ways out of that.

Factually, I didnt imply any such thing

Implications are often dependent on how the listener takes your statement, not your intentions.