The Mercy Community Problem

What? So because they are not catering specifically to YOUR tastes and desires it is bad customer service? What?!

You have essentially said that if they do not prioritize your perspective of balance over that of other perspectives they some how are not trustworthy?

This is not how customer service works. Good customer service is not about giving everyone what they want. It is about giving everyone what is needed despite their demands. From their perspective (which is formed in part by the feedback they received) the game needed a more diverse support meta.

no, i don’t say that because they not cater to my tastes. it’s because they don’t give the response on the correct thread and kept silence. that’s bad customer service.

please differentiate response and announcement, okay. what they said in the patch notes is announcement. please direct me to any response about mercy in this forum since jeff last post a few nerfs ago.

maybe i missed it.

No, They gave their answer. It is in the form of the changes themselves. This in of itself should be obvious.

If they make changes that are differing from what you want that in of itself should prove to you that they disagree.

Announcements are a form of response. You have your answer. You just don’t like it.

okay, okay, whatever. this discussion isn’t going anywhere. announcement vs response, i don’t want to debate on it. in my book it’s not a proper response, you can’t change my mind. end of discussion for me.

1 Like

Found this I am sort outdated on this. So apparently, you had your answer since FEB Overwatch Forums. Here is ANOTHER answer more recently in MAY [Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018 - #1708 by JeffreyKaplan . SO how many times through updates to Mercy, and through DIRECT RESPONSES, do you need to be given an answer? So from now on, anyone who bothers coming to me with “They don’t care about feedback”. Have you played the game Minecraft? If so have you ever seen the running gag bit about “removed Herobrine”. Maybe every update they should just leave “We don’t feel like Mercy needs changes right now.”. That way every update, you can at least know, that you have been acknowledged. Because it appears while not exactly, those 13 words have been mentioned at least twice.

-Edit- While I am still not opposed to another rework when the devs get around to it, I am not going to tolerate this “we have been left in the dark”. This is untrue and this lie, intentional or not, needs to stop.

1 Like

Ok that is fair, those 13 words have been said, but then followed by more changes in the form of nerfs until she was put into a position where she is now bad and needs more changes in the form of buffs.

So insert the portion where the desire is for real responses that actually address the concerns being posted and some follow through to start rebuilding some trust.

Also, that post “shes fine” was the only post in any feedback thread and about 3/4 of a year after the changes. The rest where never directed at Mercys. Those had to be found in threads about other topics related to dps or tanks, in the mean time Mercys were getting sequestered into the megathread dump that no one was bothering to read (many dev post read counts are DWARFED by many of the read counts of Mercy posters and is a fraction if what the Mercy feedback total was at before getting troll locked repeatedly and shut down).

Your response also shows your lack of comprehending exactly what the problem really is. The case by the Mercys have been made repeatedly.

1 Like

You are wanting the devs to to do a specific thing they have told you they are unwilling to do at the present time. The community is bigger than mercy. More than just mercy gets a say.

1 Like

Hi just going to add this little detail about the feedback post he made.
that post was not originally in the megathread and was moved there after a while.
the original post it was made to was asking if the team could take a look at the issue of people not finding her fun to play and talking about issues she had before still being present.

2 Likes

The specific thing I want them to do is hold true to their statement of goals they made about why they did the rework and what goals they had in mind or if that is no longer their goal to give us a new statement of what goals they are aiming for so we know what we’re dealing with. I wont repost it, but Titanium in their most recent mega post summarized exactly why they failed to do all of what they wanted in the original rework.

The only caveat I have about them making changes to Mercy is keeping her capable of having a hero moment to shine or feel like you made a difference like all other heros have, being able to have some fun playing the character as they are intended to be played (unlike currently where she’s able to get almost identical output playing as a permanent passive observer or getting ankle deep into the fight in which case why risk yourself for no extra gain?), and lastly keep her viable without making her balance wise the only option or not an option.

I really don’t think that is asking too much, but if you do think it is, then perhaps the problem is not with getting people like me to see your point of view but getting people like you to see mine.

Edit: Also, I would really appreciate you not including belligerent statements like “the community is bigger than Mercy and more than just Mercy gets a say”. That is passive aggressively implying spoiled self entitlement and a presumption that Mercy is the only character that people like me care about. It in fact is not, and I have equal issue with other heros who have been left to hang, but they aren’t the topic of this discussion.

4 Likes

They believe they have. As far as they are concerned, that has been accomplished.

I am sorry my queen to have offended you for making an assertion that i did in fact, not make. I will try my best to not offend your bad mind reading in the future.

The original post is nothing but one big, steaming pile of victim-blaming. :poop:

Nothing new here.

2 Likes

I mean… no. But if that’s your interpretation then I can at least find agreement with people when they say our educational system is failing.

You wrote an incredibly bad OP and then you follow it up with even more shaming.

That tactic is not going to win friends or influence people.

2 Likes

The only problem with the point that mass rez was too powerful is that, if that were the case, Mercy would have been a must-pick for every situation. Ironically enough, she was only thrust into this must-pick status in two scenarios; on launch prior to Ana’s release and Zenyatta’s buff (when there were only three supports and zenyatta was a joke so every healer comp was Lucio Mercy), and after her rework, where she lost the ability that supposedly was so overpowered.

Mass Rez was unique in that it could completely undo a team fight, however, it was also unique in that it could be used to its maximum effectiveness and still end up being a wasted ult. This was especially problematic if your team was wiped by being clumped up, usually by a grav. You’d bring your entire team back, and then…everyone would either get ulted again, or just shredded in general.

I definitely remember a lot of fights where rez would revive 3, 4, or 5 people, and my team would go on to completely stomp the enemy, but I also remember several occasions where I would get a 5-man, only to watch as the entire team got earthshattered and died again. It was balanced in that, even though there weren’t any counters to it on activation, it could still be countered after the fact.

2 Likes

You took zero effort in your response. I’m not interested in intellectually dishonest people who have come here to troll. Maybe if you took as much time to actually talk to people as you do faking outrage, people would bother engaging you.

2 Likes

The big problem is the amount of threads, not the opinions. I get the die hard fans. I do. But as I jokingly said in another thread, there is about two new Mercy threads created per hour, 24 / 7, since 2016.*

Yes, it makes a certain subgroup of Mercy main coming off as the “Trekkies” of the forum.

*Of course now the Anti-Brig threads are almost as common…

I’m a mercy main and I dont find mass rez fun at all lol I know I’m probably in the minority but still

1 Like

You wrote a bad OP and now you’re throwing a tantrum for being called out for it. Get over it already.

1 Like

The OP was mostly correct, fairly well put together and comparing the video on Youtube with the posts on these forums I must say I am leaning the OP:s way on this.

1 Like