The Incoming D.Va PTR Buff is probably a Bandaid Again

Guilty of saying that with the DM CD buff but not the recharge rate buff

2 Likes

Oh god so it’s not gonna be just the frikken hamster booping you constantly, it’s going to be dva in the mix too. Because hamster booping you around constantly wasn’t bad enough. Toss a doomfist in there too for maximum fun times.

I swear to god why does this balance team want MORE GODFORSAKEN CC?

I knew it was useless the moment I read it. I was entirely correct. =p

But man blizzard is actually making her boop far more often too. I’d rather pilot a mech and not an annoying boop bot. More boops makes this game even worse to play.

The one thing this game doesn’t need is more boops. Come on…

more mobility means more running away, instead of tanking

5 Likes

Hey, this makes nabbing hp packs easier too, right? Like, a lot easier.

i think this actually might work, depending on how if they nerf the problem heroes for her like reaper, hanzo, mei. if they give them a light and clever nerf like this clever buff, this could actually be just what she needs.

she may still need a bit of durability, but at least she’ll be at the pace of the new game. so good flying, good dm usage (aided by more flying making up for distance lost in previous nerf), good tracking of your primary when in someone’s mouth, you could really stretch a buff like this tbh.

1 Like

Yo Darth:

I got a couple minutes, but I’m in bed :stuck_out_tongue:

I suspect I’ll be yoinked for WoW Arenas but I’ll feel some of it out.

1 Like

mei/reaper will still invalidate her + double shields is still better than her

2 Likes

For those of us who are curious but don’t pay much attention to Dva, what exactly are these changes?

As an aside, if Dva becomes zuper zippitty, I don’t think her having super knockback powers is gonna go down well…

He means dva being knocked around like ping pong ball, not dva herself having knockback powers.

At best, dva will become a pest and annoyance people just want gone, but spamming boosters isn’t gonna inherently do anything to help her survive a lot or kill things. But booping people every 3 seconds alongside other boopers like ball and doomfist may make them go crazy.

I’d rather have a useful dva than just annoying dva though. We got enough annoyances in this game.

3 Likes

Alleged booster cooldown reduction up to a 3 second cooldown.

1 Like

I’d say this sounds neat if I didn’t see a Mei in every other game. D.Va will just be a worse Wrecking Ball that has to CC herself up close to the enemy to attack, and then maybe run away constantly. Assuming she’d get the chance to without getting hooked or halted and frozen into an ult charge flavored popsicle.

I guess she could try teaming up with Winston to get in, blast blast through barrier, then get out the moment it shatters. It’s better than nothing, it creates options, but I think people were hoping for more.

1 Like

When is this supposed PTR patch? I’m 1 foot in the grave with this game so I want to see this patch to know if I wanna go full uninstall…

It should be on Live some time before February 8th, so it probably comes out on PTR either January 9th or January 16th.

Are you talking about the bugfix that removed Dva’s knockback resistance while shooting or how Dva can be booped whil flying?

booped while boosting

The knockback changes aren’t bad actually, and are more of a buff because it allowed her booster to get speed boosted, I would say getting 15m matrix back would be better

The knockback changes are absolutely awful. They keep you from working with your DM range.

4 Likes

Or provides potential counterplay to DM so that it isn’t just an ult gobbler, and nothing short of a pin or punch would knock her back far enough to really effect it, and if she’s hit with one of those dm would be canceled anyways