The hitscan heroes need a buff

McCree, Widow, Soldier, and Ana are all near the bottom for pick rates or win rates at every level. They have way too many counters and get beaten way too easily by the flankers.

25 Likes

widow and soldier are fine imo. mcree needs something. and ana prob needs a reload/ fire rate buff or a increase nade radius.

but i rather have them make a new hero. maybe a tank hitscan since we dont really have a ranged tank one yet. maybe like a battle rifle weapon from halo ( burst )

29 Likes

I was fine with Soldier’s nerf when I thought Genji/Tracer would get one soon after. But they didn’t, and the upcoming nerfs are no where near his 5% damage nerf.

1 Like

I think something like a Railgun would look better but meh i agree with a hitscan tank

2 Likes

yea i was thinking that but people said its dumb so i changed my idea. plus in every game i lean towards the burst weapons the most. and this game doesnt have any :frowning:

Ana primary shot is projectile,btw.

Soldier and widow already in a good spot.

But i agree mcree and ana needs some tuning.

8 Likes

yea but like the last 2-3 heros basically aim to counter them in a way. so i think it evens out a bit.

Not in my opinion.

Widowmaker has a higher pickrate than Genji in the OWL, she’s perfect rn. Soldier is played quite often too, and McCree has his anti-dive niche.

3 Likes

Mccree ? anti-dive ? Literally any combination of two dive heroes end him in an instant ,even if he has a pocket mercy (which is the only way to make him playable) ,his pickrate in OWL compared to dive heroes’ pickrate is proof enough of how anti dive he is.

Though I agree ,for now widow and soldier are in a good spot.

8 Likes

I don’t know what planet you’re living in, but Soldier has one of the lowest pick rates in OWL Stage 3:

https://www.winstonslab.com/customquery/pickrates/?onlyLANs=on&dateGreater=2018-04-01&dateSmaller=&event%5B%5D=86&specificMatchupTeam1=0&specificMatchupTeam2=0&team%5B%5D=&map%5B%5D=&roundtype%5B%5D=

1 Like

I didn’t say McCree by himself could counter dive, but if you’ve watched the OWL he’s a popular pick in anti-dive defense comps.

2 Likes

???

He’s literally in the top 10 most played for this stage, actually he’s above McCree which genuinely surprised me.

Anyways, all these hitscans will be played more after dive goes away, and after they finally give D.Va a REAL nerf.

2 Likes

McCree needs something maybe

but I play a lot of Widow, and she needs nothing, the only arguably bad thing about her kit is her ult considering sonic arrow is better.

soldier is fine, I don’t even play a lot of him and even I can contribute a lot with him.

2 Likes

Again ,considering his pickrate compared to dive ,It’s clear that so far these comps aren’t working out so well/don’t work in a large majority of the situations.

Even when dive goes away ,Mccree will still bad ,as so far it feels like he’s only used when it’s a bad map for widowmaker and there’s a mercy on the team

I linked you the pick rates - Soldier is #15 for Stage 3.

1 Like

You did not, you actually linked the wrong thing.

I’m on the page rn, he is #10 in hero picks.

https://imgur.com/a/BlBxwuP

if there was a hero ult like maeve in paladins ( makes enemies surrounds pitch black, and can only see a few meters in front of them ) then maybe widows ult will have a better purpose then?

but i think people in overwatch will hate it tons and prob wont put it in.

You are looking at all three stages at the same time. Look at the time played. Check my link again and you’ll notice it only includes Stage 3.

What? Can we please stop buffing damage? Literally 3 of the 4 heroes you just listed are in really good spots. The only one of those heroes who needs anything is Ana. She needs help pretty bad. M

1 Like

Play those three in comp for 10 games then tell me you think they’re in good spots.