The forced 50% w/r does exist on paper in solo comp

The rigged theory, word, and person weren’t around last time I was active. I took it to be just another way of saying “forced” or “handicapped”, which you know are just nebulous terms to describe a variety of things. This is the 3rd time in my life I’ve been wrong.

1 Like

I really do think you did a good job, though, of describing something like 95+% of what I’ve seen. And a lot of people believe combinations of those things. At it’s core, it’s something like:

Sometimes I feel like I cannot lose a match, but sometimes I feel like I cannot win a match.

And for whatever reason, people seem really reluctant to recognize that there are a lot of player behaviors that explain a great deal of that. (So they start constructing their theories about how the game is rigged. But they’ll latch onto multiple of them, because they really just want to believe that player behaviors and skill are a small part of what causes a match to be won/lost.) And part of what really gets me about that is that I think the more the “rigged matchmaker” theory is taken up by the community, the more problematic player behaviors seem reasonable to people. (Why shouldn’t I give up after one lost team fight? The whole thing is rigged anyway.)

So people are actively causing the issues that are making their matches worse.

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve seen him make these outlandish claims as well.

He once posted a YouTube video of himself playing Lucio (doppelganging as a torb turret btw) where he claimed the game automatically changed how much Heals/sec was being provided by the aura.

I’ll ask Abdullah if he can find it. If I recall correctly, he was using the amplification ability which changes Lucio’s healing output from 12 (or 16 :thinking:) H/s to 50 H/s for a short duration. As expected, the ability timer ran out and the ability went on cooldown which resulted in the healing aura returning to the original 12 (or 16) H/s.

I would never have imagined that people could be so egotistical to not accept that (while playing a game against other human beings) that they could be so much less capable than others.

3 Likes

I mean. I get it. I was super pissed off when I first ranked down to Silver. Hell, I was mad in the first couple of seasons when almost everyone I had been playing Quickplay with ranked higher than me when Comp was released.

But I had to get over that.

And I had to do some honest self-assessments. I basically did what I tell my students to do after they get slapped in the face by their first practice test score. Step one is always, always an honest self-assessment:

1. Where am I now? (In my case, it was “pretty bad at OW”)
  2. Where do I realistically want to go? (My goal was Diamond. I’m older than most players and have some issues with things like vision and fine motor skills [not to mention the fact that I’ve often got kids climbing on me when I play], so Masters/GM seemed like an unreasonable goal to me.
  3. How do I get there? (Begin with lots of deep dives into what players better than me are doing and try to find 2-3 things I can begin implementing into my games. Remind myself of these things while in spawn and between teamfights.)
  4. Repeat as I improve.

But it seems like a lot of players short-circuit this whole process by immediately answering the self-assessment with something like “I am a god gamer and have little or nothing to improve. The only reasons I am not climbing are things beyond my ability to control. The universe is profoundly unfair, and OW is simply a microcosm of this cruel reality that seeks nothing more than my personal destruction.”

5 Likes

Preaching to the choir here, I was hard stuck gold for 5 seasons and HARD STUCK platinum for 6. I did finally push into Diamond with a tank and support player but after that I climbed my other 2 accounts (which I had made expecting to escape elo hell) to Diamond with relative ease.

2 Likes

That’s awesome. People who improve some skillset that they set out to improve make me feel better about humanity as a whole. I’ve sniffed Diamond, but I’m more of a 2800 Plat player if I’m honest. I’ll probably make a hard push for Diamond when OW2 releases. But I really have no idea what that’s going to look like in terms of the playerbase at that time, new systems, new implementations of old systems.

There could even be a soft or hard MMR reset (I’d be a bit surprised if they did a complete MMR reset, but if they were ever going to do it, it would make the most sense to do it with OW2’s release.)

I’m excited for the opportunity to dig into things anew.

4 Likes

When I hit diamond, I effectively stopped grinding comp because I preferred scrims. But I got dared/called out that I’d never be more than a Diamond player so I grinded for 3650 and hit Masters DPS (much more easily than the grind TO Diamond by the way).

I think Overwatch 2 will be a great experience for you. I’m going to miss 6v6. I think the concept is so unique and somewhat revolutionary in regards to the required cohesion to be successful that most people won’t understand the 5v5 environment once it comes to us.

But, individual carry potential will be significantly higher which should allow for players who genuinely believe they deserve higher (but muh temmets) no excuse.

As for me, I’ve done my competitive Overwatch grind. I will never be an OWL player. Could I grind for GM and make it? Yes. Am I willing to sacrifice what it would take? No. So I’ll grind for Diamond (maybe Masters :smirk:) and call it good.

2 Likes

He is clearly having laugh lol

1 Like

Read and watch from here:

This is the :clown_face: claim and video made supplied by Hulk and Outside, I highly recommend you read it all if you want to laugh extra hard at people who supposedly are engineers and math geniuses :rofl:

If you are interested in help with your gameplay, I do be more than happy to help homie! <3

2 Likes

I might take you up on that when OW2 is here. I warn you though, that my aim is pretty bad. I rely on heroes with large projectiles and spam damage for a good deal of my output.

2 Likes

It is a hypothetical. You never stated that this happened. You are back tracking. Either way, you made it up and it never happened.

Unfortunately then if you can’t prove it, then it means nothing. I’m sure that it should be easy to get another screenshot since the matchmaker is so broken!

What am I even lying about. You are the only one using anecdotal evidence, yet you have nothing to prove it even happened. Hypocrite.

4 Likes

I can help you a lot regarding aim, mine used to be one of the WORST, just take a look at this and you will understand:

https://streamable.com/nx36sp

It was one of the things keeping me at Low Gold which is where I started. Improving my aim and other aspects of my gameplay allowed me to reach GM

1 Like

You mean, Receipts/Rigged/Outside.

Imagine claiming the game automatically rigged/changed your H/s output when really its the fact that, that’s how the hero is designed.

:woman_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

One win in and one loss is meaningless.

I said above, 5 of each, higher ranked first to show how good you really are, same character all games, continuous stream, VC on so it’s not your op little brother playing the second set of you flaming your teammates to get them to throw.

You win 3 in masters and lose 3 in gold on these conditions, not to leavers, and at the very least we’ll know what you’re talking about.

Will we throw our hands up and declare you were right all along? Depends, you get this to us today and try your absolute hardest in all matches, then the evidence will be on your side.

If it takes you 2 weeks to get the right set of matches and you’re going apesnot over your gold games, then no, it’s a player problem like we’ve said all along.

I think you can’t reproduce it at all though, it’s not like recording games you’re playing anyway it’s difficult. It’s only difficult if you need to fudge the data.

5 Likes

I just threw 7 games in comp open queue and I gotta say it was more fun than if I had actually been trying. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

damn you must be really bad at the game

2 Likes

That’s just open queue, it’s impossible to get good teams there anyways so might as well have some fun and troll the trolls.

1 Like

Good post! I like your take

1 Like

Anything that supports confirmation bias and you can bet Doland will be there with his mouth open.

1 Like

Pseudo-intellectuals love talking about confirmation bias, so they can ignore everything and grandstand without actually making a point.

Tell me, is Steven Crowder someone you look up to? Where do you get your opinions from?

2 Likes