The "flex" changes on the PTR

Not true…

Teams (both solo and six stack) have already had disparities of roughly 350 to even 500 sr since role queue was enabled.

1. They would only be able to swap to roles they were permitted to queue for as a group in the first place.
  2. They are ALREADY able to be paired with high disparity so the only impact is the freedom to work more tightly as a team.

If I am not mistaken, this rank already has a tighter SR restriction on who they can queue with in the first place. Making your scenario impossible.

1 Like

My DPS is 4210, my tank 1500, my support 2250. Ok so i click FLEX for the roles i start as TANK to play with my bronze friends during the match i swap to DPS having 4k SR so i DESTROY everyone on that match.

"Did you see the STUPIDY you are suggesting with they do not have clue with the flex system"

• Quick-Play need 1 tank, 2 supports and 3 FLEX. Using Role-Lock 2-2-2 inside of the match to reduce the WAITING-TIMERS

• Competitive stay as 2-2-2

1 Like

What are you trying to say here? That a 2500 average team goes against 2850 or 3000 average??

Which again, in my example, can be up to 1000. Having 2500 players playing in 1500 games cuz they swapped roles is silly, that totally defeats the purpose of role based sr, and totally throws off the balance of that match. Where the game placed people against each other based on the roles mmr they picked.

1 Like

So the players off-role for swapping have to be in range or no swap permitted? [In theory under ops suggestion]

You would only be able to swap to what you are able to queue as… If your disparity between roles is that high then you would only be able to choose support or tank. Your dps would be unavailable.

2 Likes

Correct. They would be under the same restrictions as queueing.

Well ill never be able to use that lol

Ive purposely gotten my tank down to 1400 support down to 2500 an dps is 3600

You could always grind some of them back up.

But I have gone ahead and placed a clarification edit since people seem to think I am proposing a fully free ability to swap roles regardless of ranks rather then using the restrictions per the ptr notes.

1 Like

They’ve demonstrated it quite well. It’s just that you’ve decided to misinterpret it because it used a word that you use in a different way. The word flex is short for flexible. It can be used in many different ways. This feature is not enabling a flex role. It’s called “Party Flex” because it allows you to be more flexible in your choice of role while in a group. Previously groups required that all players select only one role. This new feature makes your role selection more flexible and you can select more than one. Hence, party flex.

This will never happen because people can just abuse it to swap with someone better. A GM DPS playing at diamond level on Reinhardt can just say “hey bro switch with me I’m a GM Widow, we’ll win if i can play widow”. Well no duh. If you put a GM widow into a diamond match you’ve created imbalance.

4 Likes

We’re like this close :point_right::point_left: to ditching the terrible multiple SR system and switching to a soft role lock one.

Come on Blizz, JustDoIt.gif

1 Like

What makes it terrible?

I for one appreciate the ability to actually play DPS without feeling useless because I’m in a higher ranked game.

5 Likes

I dunno man, IMO the way to fix OW is to force champion locks before the game starts, and move balance in a direction where hard-counters all become soft counters.

Joking but also kind of not joking.

Nope. They have not. Flex was not simply taking a role that no one else could or would. It has always been about taking roles that are needed to get the job done and swapping. Demonstrating flexibility DURING the match. Not at a main menu.

The dev team have also called things bug fixes that weren’t bugs, new games that are in fact expansions and not new, and etc.

1 Like

Thats a problem many people had, playing a role they are better at so they can climb, and then if they ever try to play another role, they are pretty much throwing.

2 Likes

It is literally the only thing preventing true flex gameplay from being achieved.

This is like pseudo flex.

1 Like

The issue is that it’s two uses of the same word. You’re referring to a flex player. This is just a feature that’s called “Party Flex”. The use of the word Flex is used differently here. Your complaint is that they used the word in a way that you don’t like.

4 Likes

I’m not sure I understand what you mean. How does having a separate SR for each role directly prevent ‘true flex gameplay’?

This could be the case. But honestly, why call it “party flex” as if there is “solo flex”.

A more succinct name would be “multi-role party”. As there is currently multiple role queing in solo but not party.

There is no “solo flex”.

1 Like

The flex refers to flexible role selection, and its called party flex because the feature already exists in solo play. The fact that the specific term “solo flex” wasn’t officially used to describe the feature doesn’t mean they’re not allowed to us completely valid english words to accurately describe the feature.

Youre in a party, and you get a flexible choice of roles. Party Flex.

1 Like

It prevents you from swapping between roles mid game my dude.

1 Like