The Devs listened

Blizzard logic: Symmetra’s teleporter would be OP with a 100% uptime, but Orisa’s far more impactful shield that takes the whole team shooting at it to have a meaningful downtime is fine.

3 Likes

Please don’t take this the wrong way - But I honestly think that only people who play Symmetra somewhat optimally or at least averagely should give opinions on what a particular character needs.

I’m not going to ask a football player what the tweaks should be on baseball gloves.

In the other thread, you literally said that if a Widow is off in the distance sniping your team, that you would just throw turrets at her. Guys got on you for saying that because that seriously pointed out that you do not play Symmetra well.

Ptr Teleporter is strong when used right? Live Teleporter is even stronger when used right.

And that’s your problem. You are a defensive only Sym. You are the Sym that throws turrets above chokepoint - Sit with your tanks - Spam Orbs - and only use TP in a defensive manner to bail your team out. This is the suboptimal way to play Sym. This is why you don’t mind the changes because they don’t effect your static way of playing Sym. Currently redeploying teleporter doesn’t take you out of a fight when you are utilizing deployment to attack a backline healer with a Bomb. You are acting like it takes 20 seconds to redeploy. The 1.5 to 2 second of redeployment is completely negligible.

I just read the rest of your quote about how PTR Teleporter is a better escape option and noticed that this sounds word for word for what you posted in another thread. So it sounds like you are literally going around to Sym threads, and copying and pasting the same weak arguments to keep these changes.

The way you play Symmetra would be lunch meat in high level play. Please understand the depths of a character before trying to give irrelevant and bad opinions about her kit. LIVE teleporter is a better escape option for Sym than Ptr Sym because it’s available to be deployed more. Dude please just go watch the great Syms like Raihan. Go to his youtube channel and learn. Watch some of my stuff - or try watching stealth hacker from youtube.

I watch a lot of Syms because she can be played in a variety of different ways.

I can’t think of not even ONE Sym in top 500 that doesn’t play Sym aggressively . . .

which is the opposite of how you play her.

This change severely restricts and limits aggressiveness from Sym.
In Comp, there is a reason why people HATE Syms on their team - It’s because they play her so passively, with their tanks, and just mindlessly spam away…

like there isn’t like 5 dps characters that can play that style even better.

We are stepping into a 2-2-2 mandate. The way you suggest to play Sym would be like a team having 2 Tanks, 1 Dps, and 3 Supports. It’s just so suboptimal and bad. As a dps…you have to MAKE things happen…As in…be aggressive.

1 Like