The devs deserve a HUGE pat on the back for this

Skip to 1:10 and keep listening until 1:28

I did. He says “all new heroes will be free to players when they launch” and “they will no longer be unlocked on the battlepass”.

That’s not the same as “they’ll be free forever” and “they wont need to be unlocked another way”.

I think they’re being devious with words.

1 Like

Starting Season 10, all new heroes will be immediately unlocked when they launch. All existing heroes will also be unlocked for players. This means that heroes will no longer need to be unlocked through the Battle Pass to be playable in all game modes.

New players will still need to complete the first-time user experience to unlock heroes as they learn the ropes. Once the heroes from the original Overwatch roster have been unlocked, all Overwatch 2 heroes will also become available.

3 Likes

I’ll admit it’s a step in the right direction, and that makes me excited that they get to continue making decisions like this.

That being said there are still things that could be looked into, and I hope they do.

1 Like

Congratulations to Blizzard for figuring out that shooting yourself in the foot will hurt you in the long run, and no longer repeatedly pulling the trigger. :smile:

2 Likes

Slowly but surely reverting everything back to OW1 :smirk:

2 Likes

I think you’re a little overly enthusiastic in terms of praise, but moving away from gating heroes via the Battle Pass is certainly a positive.

I want much more detailed and specific information on how premium coins are actually distributed before I applaud them for that set of changes.

I don’t feel they’re doing anything to address general lack of gameplay rewards, nor did they comment on how dismal the competitive currency earn rates are. This has major impact on how much time I’m willing to invest in the game at this point. Part of this sentiment is a direct consequence of me not enjoying how the increased health pools changed the feel of the game.

I have very mixed feelings on how frequently and severely the devs should push changes that significantly alter the meta or general gameplay feel. Because when they miss the mark by a wide margin, they don’t have a good history of quickly addressing that. And any big changes can be expected to be divisive across the player base, because different people want different things out of the general gameplay feel or even more specific elements.

Bro, put the haterade down. Why are you here if you hate that much?

1 Like

I bet they actually love this game! Overwatch 2 keeps winning and the new developer update further proves this! They’re all great changes minus the Mythic skins losing exclusivity in my opinion!
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

i don’t remember hearing this, how many coins are we talking about? probably a paltry amount in my guess.

Only took them 10 seasons to go back to where they should’ve been from the beginning

2 Likes

Oh no, don’t tell you thought they were premium coins?
Hahaha, obviously not

I didn’t take much to unlock the free hero, so I don’t know what you or anyone else was complaining about. If you play maybe a weekend out of half a month, you shouldn’t unlock everything just for being there lol.

THIS IS NOT SOMETHING TO SAY THANKS FOR, IS A MISTAKE THAT WHOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPENED, FIXING MISTAKES IS NOT SOMETHING TO SAY THANKS FOR, IS THEIR JOB, we are just coming back to what we already had in ow1

coins in the battle pass means nothing because you still need to beat challanges to get xp to beat the battle pass, and the amount of coins is the game, you still cant even buy a single legendary skin until 8 months lated

1 Like

They said they’re upping the seasonal earnable coins from 540 to 600 and that Weekly Challenges would just grant bonus XP now.

Not a whole lot more than live, but assuming those 600 coins are just earned via completing the BP I’d actually get enough coins for my first legendary skin at the end of s10. If we kept the weekly challenges method I’d be lucky to get enough before 2025, or I’d have to change my gameplay habits to make earning the last 600 more feasible.

Kind of a trade-off. Weekly challenge grinders kinda lose out and people like me who just didn’t engage with the challenges but would complete the BP by season end win.

The irony is that I legit just watched an episode of a show where a boss made an horrific decision for the office that ruined morale etc, and then went back on it and when people praised her, they shortly realised that they shouldn’t be praising someone for walking back on something that was really scummy of her to do, and she only did it because she realised low morale meant worse productivity.

Same goes here; it’s only because a lot of people literally quit over mauga meta.

They don’t deserve praise for this; they deserve to be reminded that there is much more to be done and keep delivering. Only then should the leadership (not devs) that makes such decisions get praise.

Wow Blizzard FINALLY did something good for a change and you’re patting them on the back? Lmao this is a year too late, there’s still a lot of progress the devs still need to do…

Yeah, I will reserve my pats on their backs until OW2 is in an actual good place.

1 Like

Doing one thing right after nearly a year and a half doesnt get pats on the back.

I will acknowledge the good decision even if it took way too long, but if you think for a second Im going to give a round of applause for someone just cleaning up a vase they broke in the first place, youre out of your mind.

This doesnt erase anything. Theyve taken one step up a hundred step staircase. What matters now is if they can continue walking forward instead of backing up again.

Your mindless optimism is what allows companies to abuse us in the first place. Bad decisions need consequences, which dont exist if you people foam at the first genuinely good change since Overwatch 2’s release.

What happens to those people who paid for the hero or got the battle pass to get the hero? Are they due a refund? I feel bad for those who spent their coins or money to get a pay-wall hero.

Oh joy! How gracious the Blizzard gods are! They changed it from 60 coins a week to 66 coins a week! I’m so grateful that I can now spend half-a-week less grinding these miserable challenges, so that in two seasons of time, I can finally purchase 1 mediocre skin!

Open your eyes