🔶 Hanzo, Mei, and Doomfist have been nerfed on PTR

It’s time to play the game again.

EDIT: Welp, this is kinda sad chat. Hanzo/Mei are pretty much the same on PTR. Only Bap is the one who got legit gutted.

13 Likes

Uh what? Hanzo’s arrows don’t travel at 125 m/s. They travel at 100 m/s.

Blizzard?? Did they make a typo?

Edit: A Dev responded to me on the official patch notes. Apparently Hanzo has a base 25 m/s that wasn’t written in previous versions. Now with the nerf, he’s back to the old speed of 110 m/s, or as previously shown, 85 m/s.

6 Likes

wait… how is that even a nerf? youre still going to get one shot

6 Likes

Compared to the other heroes in this patch I’m not even sure this can be considered a slap on the wrist for Hanzo. Maybe a firm tickling at best.

32 Likes

This will not change non of the issues that many players across every rank is having with Hanzo at all…

13 Likes

And wasn’t Jeff talking up how “They intended to take a look at Hanzo” prior to this? Some look!

6 Likes

:joy: they took a look at him and evidently liked what they saw for the most part.

4 Likes

If Mei has you in range, the slowing effect does not matter, you are going to freeze! Once frozen, Mei barely has any time at all to do damage.

2 Likes

No people are forgetting that the speed nerf affects Storm Arrows as well.

2 Likes

Pretty sure Doomfist’s is a buff.
The rest of the nerfs are appropiate and not overkill.

It’s good to see a nerf to these three clowns after all even tho I don’t think it’s enough. Won’t come back to the game until some normal heroes become meta again tho.

2 Likes

Like others have said the Hanzo nerf doesn’t fix any of the issues people have with him. You’re still going to get deleted the same way.

Baptiste got butchered pretty bad though.

1 Like

This is also a guy who is apart of a team who though sym was too busted for 5 mins but DF/mei/reaper are totally balanced even though they are some of the cheapest hero’s.

1 Like

Honestly, I think those changes won’t have much impact at all :tipping_hand_woman:t3:

2 Likes

I don’t see it making a difference. When Hanzo aims vaguely in the direction of your head from 10 meters away, you’ll now die in .09s seconds instead of .08.

Not quite what people were hoping for. The effectiveness of storm arrows against tanks and in CQC 1v1s won’t be diminished at all. The only thing this does is marginally reduce his accidental long-range kills.

Perhaps the real intended Hanzo nerf here is the D.Va buff. We’ll see.

Good changes overall.

I was hoping for something more drastic, but I’ll take what I can get.

3 Likes

Also, Fortify was nerfed without a nerf to Wall.

This is a problem.

2 Likes

Hanzo of course got a slap on the wrist as usual… the power problem lies in Storm Arrow, not his primary fire unless this affects that as well… does it?

3 Likes

WHat do the DF changes mean? I mean literally, I don’t get it. Recovery time from what?

mean he will stay in the air foe 1/2 second before he can use other ability

2 Likes