So lets discuss the next up and coming patch

So here is the thing I have read over the nerfs but if you have not here are the patch notes

First off overwatch thank you for listening to the forums, along with the statistics of pick rates sky rocketing for MOST of the heroes on this list, and also taking advice from the pros as well.

I will give you that much of a compliment , but my buddy “Stylosa”, A.K.A “Unit Lost” said in his most recent video. And if you haven’t seen it I recommend watching this video.
Overwatch Patch Update

He had a good point on the nerfs and buffs, now the D.va buff was great to see , yes but it was lacking too much to make her actually viable so nothing has really changed for her sadly, and then the other nerfs aren’t exactly game changing either, Some of these are better than others like the freezing time nerfed along with Bap’s ultimate charge increased requirements, plus his nerf to his immortality field, was a good thing to see , but the rest are just so trivial to me I don’t see much of a difference. But what do you guys think? Are they fair? Do they need more?

Dva needs a damage boost not mobility she still won’t be viable

At the very and utmost least this patch accomplishes 2 positive things: Reduces CC and switches up the support inner meta.

Baptiste still a strong mofo but I reckon we are looking at a revolving door of supports in the coming meta, which is pretty good.

The Mei nerfs are also good. CC reduction is always welcome and this may even invite more counterplay from certain heroes, albeit I’m doubtful about that.

Orisa nerfs changes nothing and Hanzo could go either way, remains to be seen.

I couldn’t give less of a toss if Doom feels clunky, Mercy has been horrible and clunky ever since the rework and no one cared then. In all likelihood that isn’t going live anyway because it’s a DPS and Blizz has qualms about changing DPS.

Meta wise, for the pro scene, it’s probable that it doesn’t change a single thing. Double Shield barely got touched, even if one assumes the Dva buff brings her back, what the fork pros gonna do with that? Play Monkey or Ball in this meta and hope the enemy flex DPS doesn’t want to play Mei? Even Ameng isn’t crazy enough for that.

The “data centre preference” option should be available for regular comp mode.

1 Like

and that is okay. She was meta for 2+ years.

No.

Correct.

I don’t think we’re going to see any dramatic changes to the Support-side line-up until Overwatch 2. As is Baptiste may end up being phased out or rotated with Zenyatta/Moira or Lucio depending.

Icewall still works as a solid area denial and control, not to mention a strong counter to sniper fire. We’ll probably see a follow-up patch within the next few weeks that may end up addressing this.

Hanzo isn’t being played much in the upper ends, so I don’t really see any changes here up or down.

As for Orisa, I don’t see anything here that’s going to warrant a smaller pick rate at the high end. 40% damage reduction is still high, but it does reduce the TTK on Orisa.

We won’t really see any major changes to the overall scene until Overwatch 2 is released or a new Support/Tank hero is in the line-up. Neither of which I see coming.

Nah, she already does plenty of damage for Tank.

So you don’t want a professional coaches opinion on a game that he knows better than most pros… Pfft okay then act like you know whats better for the game then thumbs up

Can we not discuss this …

… In the PTR sub-forum? Instead of live?

Nope it’s here and we are discussing it, it is set up and will be in motion sooner or later so best to discus it now and plan ahead than wait and be dumb founded by what is to come.