The current SR system is too broken

you start in low tier, from which there is no escape;
the more you lose, the more SR lost, the worse your team gets in matchmaking, causing you to lose even more than normal, more SR is lost, more worse teams are found, lost more games, it’s an endless cycle. even if you manage to win a single match, the SR gained is negated by the next inevitable loss.

this is the only game I know of that punishes you for trying;
strange game, the only winning move is to not play.

8 Likes

It is kind of odd… Honestly, I prefer the ladder system they did in Starcraft II. You get to keep your name on a “leaderboard” where everyone sees exactly where you’re ranking within the overall division it decides you belong in.

You should just earn points, SR, or whatever they want to call it, as your team wins rounds – and losses just do nothing. They could maintain a separate “meter” that goes up and down based on how effectively you personally played in the games you’re winning (or losing), and keeping that high enough for X amount of time could determine if you get to move up in an overall rank like bronze to silver.

8 Likes

1.25 elims per life as bastion, I won’t count the torb stats because it’s obvious it’s all from turret kills since you have 19% accuracy on him and 15% on bastion lmao. You sure it’s your teammates and not you? How can anyone be this delusional Jesus Christ.
Ever heard of the Dunning Kruger effect?

4 Likes

right… blame my accuracy for being matched with leavers, and greifers… okay.

I mean your poor mechanics and game sense are the reason you fell all the way down to 700 sr, an elo filled with kids/derankers/leavers. That doesn’t mean you can’t get out if you improve though. If someone told me you are a thrower yourself I’d believe it. How can your accuracy be that bad? Are you playing on an old wireless mouse with tons of latency at 20k+ eDPI? How do you die so much? Are you playing at 20fps? Your stats are whats keeping you in bronze, not your teammates.

Every time I see someone on these forums complaining about the matchmaker I go look at their stats and they all have 1 thing in common; they are awful. Focus on how you can improve, not your teammates.

3 Likes

not convinced. SR is definitely broken.

2 Likes

What rank does someone with 1.25 elims per life and 15% accuracy do you think they deserve?

there’s no way you’re convincing me that SR loss isn’t broken by using torb’s gun accuracy as the basis of your argument. good try tho.

Oh no those are your Bastion stats. Your torb is pretty poor as well though. How can you honestly believe you deserve a higher rank when you are constantly dying and shooting at walls apparently?

bastion doesn’t shoot accurately, there’s a bullet spread pattern in case you haven’t noticed.

the topic is SR loss system broken, not my accuracy. you’re beating a dead horse, I’m not convinced because your argument is irrelevant to the subject, and you can’t convince me otherwise.

And SR gain is directly linked to your performance so yes it does matter.
YOU are the reason you keep losing not your teammates. What’s your dpi/ in game sens btw?

the SR gain is negated by the inevitable loss from low ranked teams throwing the match. you can’t convince me SR loss isn’t a broken mechanic

You won’t get out of bronze with that attitude. First step towards improvement is admitting you are trash so you can focus on what you need to improve. I consider myself bad tbh, if my aim was better I’m pretty sure I could make gm but until then I’ll stay master and it’s not because of the matchmaker/ “forced loss”/“elo hell”. That’s made up bs spewed by people who’d rather blame everything but themselves.

2 Likes

thanks for your criticism, sarcasm and lack of understanding. you’ve been most unhelpful.

1 Like

Gl getting out of bronze pal.

You keep wanting to blame your team mates, this is not a good or even logical way of thinking. What, the bad players are only ever on YOUR team? Not the opposing team, they only get the good players? Fact is, those good and bad players are spread over both teams, therefore they become irrelevant and the only thing you need to keep in mind is your own personal performance.

Focus on improving and you will climb. I guarantee you that at your rank, if you focus on just trying to stay alive, you will climb. Stay alive, dont go into a losing fight and try solo the enemy team. regroup and go again together. Focus on improving that 1.25 elims per life and you will climb 100%.

1 Like

easy for you to say, you’re not the one being attacked, stalked and spawncamped in bronze tier. how many times have you spawned only to die immediately again by some bullcrap that shouldn’t have happened? it’s all too common for me. if it weren’t for bad luck, I’d have no luck at all.

but this isn’t about me, this is about the SR system never giving anyone a chance to improve, it just gets worse.

So basically, you made this thread, complaning, so people offer a fix to your problem, and you just say “your wrong you cant change my mind that doesnt matter”. We WANT to help you, but you have to let us. Whats your average FPS and ping? Whats your sensitivity and DPI? Give us the information, and we can help you. But before we can do that, you have to accept that yes, you are bad, and yes, loosing is your fault. It is rarely entirely your fault, but you cant say it wasnt your fault at all.

1 Like

never said it was never my fault, you ASSumed that on your own.
never said I wasn’t bad either, you ASSumed that too.
this thread was created to discuss about the SR loss being a broken mechanic, but you can’t seem to grasp that simple concept because you’re too hung up on stats and figures, and the fact that I like to shoot the walls in spawn during startup.

but okay you’re right… it’s my fault the SR system is broken. thread closed. happy?

they deserve the rank that they can get by winning 51% or more of thier games and then climbing until they stop doing that

simple