The Competitive Bugs Megathread

Blizzard needs to step up and say something already and do something to address these issues. they keep fixing garbage we dont care about and adding stuff and stupid updates that change heroes unnecessarily instead of fixing their game. this is atrocious.

3 Likes

So far in Season 4 Iā€™ve played 48 games, 30 of which were wins, 17 of which were losses. Despite even getting a 5-0 streak for rank up, Iā€™m still at Bronze 5 with it saying that Iā€™m at the ā€œminimum value for the rankā€ Iā€™m honestly considering quitting this game at this point.

2 Likes

McMadChick: Thanks for your evidence. Iā€™ve included it under: Missing Top 500 Rewards (Season 3) as well as Miscellaneous Links & Evidence. However, after thinking about it, having no player title for reaching Top 500 Combined may not even be a bug since there is no Top 500 Combined player title in existence to earn in the first place. The Devs have only stated that they are distinguishing Top 500 by Role Queue and Open Queue, but Combined was not mentioned. Even Top 500 CTF and Mystery Heroes players have distinct titles, so this might just be an oversight from the Devs. Maybe we could start a petition to introduce a Top 500 Combined player title into the game.

nasuri: Receiving end-of-season competitive rewards lower than your seasonā€™s final due to the bugged seasonal decay lowering your rank is a known bug that the Devs have announced they will fix later this month: https://twitter.com/aaronkellerow/status/1646320399259697152?s=46&t=og0G95beTsfPeHPlSZDaSg. Thanks for helping spread awareness of this issue though.

Mystachu: To no oneā€™s surprise, yet another manifestation of the Bronze 5 bug has spawned. Iā€™ve decided to call this one the Bronze 5 Minimum Value bug. If you can, could you show what your rank adjustment animation was and include that message? If you would like to help get that bug addressed, you can help bump up similar posts about that issue. Iā€™ve included a few of those posts under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. Any help would be appreciated.

TwoPoint: Agreed. The only reason they only decided to address the bugged lowered end-of-season rewards at all was because players concentrated all their messages on a single post and the same needs to happen to this megathread as well if the Devs are to notice and address the issues listed in it. Without fixing fundamental issues like these first, no amount of new content will keep this game alive.

Azdyph, I am only a couple games away from re-placing my support with being stuck in bronze 5. I can video clip it for you. I also have a reward from s1 for silver placement despite never having seen the rank up animation for it.

1 Like

More evidence of this bug is always greatly appreciated. As for the inaccurate Silver 1 rewards, that maybe one of several bugs, but without more information, itā€™s hard to determine which. Maybe you can take a look at the list and figure out which one it might be.

yep, literally me, I played a bit Ow1, then left, and I got this bug in ow2 even in season 4

1 Like

Just like with Mystachu, you might be experiencing a new variant of the Bronze 5 bug which continuously demotes your rank regardless of winrate and individual performance, which results in this message appearing: ā€œYou are at the minimum value for this rankā€. Can you confirm with screenshots or video if this is what is happening for you?

1 Like

Thank you for this thread, Blizz better look into this because for now I will not be playing Rank while I am essentially winning for nothin but encountering harder and harder opponents while still being told im at the bottom of the boards.

6 Likes

I rarelly see prematch screen with average match rank. Pls help.

2 Likes

Ah no I should have recorded it. Made 5-2 rerank 30mins before. Still bronze 5 after 4 reranksā€¦

1 Like

I wrote in multiple threads with the same problem that I cannot rank up and it destroys the game for me. Hopefully someone will stumble over the threads and do something.

1 Like

I just want my season 36 top 500 reward back šŸ„¹šŸ„¹

3 Likes

Hey. I have the same problem as most fellas in this thread. I ended S3 in Diamond 5 on support and despite that, I recieved rewards for Platinum. Any chances for me to recieve proper rewards for grinding my way to Diamond? :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is a good point. I will need to find out if anyone else has top 500 playercard while also only being top 500 combined leaderboard.

1 Like

DeMonFox: Could you please upload whatever screenshots, videos, and other evidence you have of your leaderboard placement? I will add it to the megathread under: Season 36 Top 500 Evidence. Please spread the word about this so I can collect as much evidence of our missing Top 500 rewards as I can.

Kaira: It is a wise decision to not play competitive when the Devs continue allowing it to remain in such a broken state. And Iā€™ve tweeted to several Overwatch developers and content creators yesterday. Letā€™s hope some of them looked into this thread and have spread the word about it.

Knypek: I would help, but it looks like youā€™ve found a solution to the missing prematch screen without my help. For others who are experiencing this issue, Iā€™ll link the comment here: No competitive loading screen displaying player names - #9 by Knypek-21442. Letā€™s hope the Devs fix this bug so that players wonā€™t need to use such a workaround solution forever.

StriQX: As it so happens, I have found one video of that message, which is where I first named this new bug. Iā€™ll link it here: Reddit - Dive into anything. Of course, having more videos and other evidence of this bug is always helpful.

Chyhak: The Devs have acknowledged this bug: Overwatch 2 Known Issues - April 11, 2023. However, we still need to keep spreading the word about this bug so that they actually fix it unlike the bugged career profiles and missing end-of-season rewards from other previous seasons like Season 36. Hereā€™s a link to my post in case youā€™d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. Iā€™ve compiled a list of posts regarding similar bugs under: Incorrect End Of Season Competitive Rank And Rewards (Seasons 1-3). Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads, we must demand the Developers to give us the rewards we rightfully earned.

McMadChick: Prior to the distinguishment introduced this season, I had always assumed Top 500 Combined would receive the exact same title as Top 500 Role Queue and Top 500 Open Queue. But now, Iā€™m not so certain. I hope you are able to find the answer to that question.

1 Like

I hope if they fix the bronze 5 bug, they are able to restore the real ranks. I would be very sad if my time is actually wasted. But I just have to waitā€¦
Thank you for your quick answer Azdyph!

1 Like

Im having the same issue. After a 5 win 1 loss streak i was DEMOTED to bronze 5 on tank role q. Now everytime i get the wins it says ā€œyou are already at the lowest possible rankā€ or something like that as of it wants to demote me further. Just last night a friend of mine won 5 lost 4 and ranked up in PLATā€¦ i have NEVER been awarded rank for a record like that and have been routinely demoted for losing 3.

1 Like

Great job and thank you for updating this topic, the more information it gets, thd less Blizzard can ignore it. I started playing Competitive in Season 3 after a hiatus of not playing comp in ow2. I didnā€™t get any competitive points at the end of the season, which is very upsetting since it was the only reason I played comp (only a few hundred points were missing from 3000).

1 Like

I havenā€™t played since Oct-ish ā€¦ November, and itā€™s unfortunate nothing has been fixed as of yet. Itā€™s wild to me, and extremely upsetting as I was so excited for OW2 but, havenā€™t wanted to play since no matter what I do my stats wonā€™t change or reflect on the competitive side, I hope the fix it but Iā€™m not optimistic.

1 Like

Same, I keep winning games against harder and harder opponents in bronze 5, reranked 3 times. Stuck at minimum value with a positive win rate. Iā€™m getting plat and diamond players paired against me as well AND winning in bronze 5. Make it make sense, because it doesnā€™t.

2 Likes