No competitive loading screen displaying player names

Playing on PC with the game installed on an SSD, the game loads very quickly into competitive matches. However, it is very rare that I see the loading screen displaying all player names within the match. Instead it has the default loading screen of the map, like you see loading into quick play.

I have overlooked it till now, as now I would like to see the average ranking of my competitive lobby. But the screen very VERY rarely appears. I’m talking < 5 times, in a pool of multiple hundreds of competitive games played in OW2.

EDIT: Screen is still not seen when loading the game from a HDD. Additional info, I did merge accounts from console and PC. But never had this issue in OW1.

10 Likes

I also have this issue, I can honestly say I feel like I’ve seen the loading screen about 3 times total since S1 launched. I never had the problem in OW1 and this bug seems incredibly rare because I can barely find any information on it.

I am on an NVME drive and my account has existed since OW1 launch on PC in 2016.

Hopefully we can get some info on this because as you say, the fact it shows ranking means it matters even more now!

4 Likes

I’m on PS5 and have had the same issue since launch. I’ve maybe gotten the screen four times in total since October and as mentioned, it is now even more important with the average rank of the lobby showing. So I would really need someone to fix this.

4 Likes

I have the same issue on PC. I would like to see the average rank of players but that screen has not shown up at all for me this season.

5 Likes

same issue here on pc. NEVER saw the loading screen with player names in this season. :frowning:

3 Likes

Have the same issue. Almost never shows up.

Also the average rank shows also be displayed on the scoreboard! Such a missed opportunity…

3 Likes

Same here. I only have that screen every 50 games.

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Here is a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I’ve compiled a list of posts regarding similar bugs under: Competitive Loading Screen. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads, we must demand the Developers to give us the rewards we rightfully earned.

1 Like

Maybe i found a solution. When u click rdy for competetive match go to skirmish or deathmatch while wating for a comp game. Im gettin all prematch screens.

4 Likes

That is a rather odd workaround solution, but hopefully it continues to work until the Devs fix this issue. If anyone else can verify this solution, that would be appreciated. And thanks for helping spread the word about the megathread as well.

I can confirm that the matchup screen shows up if you queue up for comp, join a skirmish and get into your comp game from there.

And it was like that since Season 1.

4 Likes

Having the same problem. Skirmish/ Deathmatch during queue solution is working. Hope the devs fix this.

1 Like

happens to me too on 980 pro

1 Like

same here, its very annoying, because youre supposed to see the average lobby rank and I also only get default loading screen, using SSD as well, so its a game bug

2 Likes

Still didn’t see it once

1 Like