The community is basically killing this game , Change my mind

Id say make Death Match permanent and polish it, that way one trickers and people that only do dps because they want to kill can go there.

The community is trash because the game is increasingly frustrating to play. There are so many options that could be implemented to reduce this frustration, but they either come too late or not at all. Why isn’t there role queue for competitive so that people can actually play the hero they want to play? Why not make the most popular arcade modes permanent? Why not make new game modes that aren’t just variations of QP/Competitive?

Oh well.

2 Likes

This is true. Blizzard was massively naive if they ever thought their concept would work when putting groups of random strangers together. My guess is they had OWL in mind the entire time, because the basic concept of OW does not work for the average person.

I agree with everything you said and I add: the blizzard lets it all happen, it could annoy the reports instead of letting toxic players go unpunished for a long time and also do not allow fake troll or toxic group reports, it could do away with the nescessity to win matches to win the match in the arcade and competitive points, and in the case of the latter we should also win in other modes of play, could give gold per game played, but does nothing and will only try to do is in harm

Toxicity is a big problem, but its not whats killing the game in my opinion, you can’t remove toxicity in competitive games, why? Because losing generates frustration and stress and people like to relief themselves by blaming others, it’s part of being a human, we love competitions but we hate losing. The game itself has a lot of flaws right now, and honestly, I would love Overwatch classic at this point, even when Bastion was op as hell.

ive been saying for a looong time that the majority of the issues with this game are really just people problems and not game problems…so im inclined to agree

2 Likes

what causes this is the impunity or lack of character of the person, myself losing or getting angry is not toxic, but sometimes I am “tempted to be” for suffering toxicity, but I control, not by believing in punishment, but by the same character, now if for me it is difficult, imagine for a bad character how easy it is to be toxic without worrying

Change your mind. Ok. The community isn’t responsible for what the devs do or more importantly do not do for this game. You can claim the OW community sways them in good or bad ways. But no, no matter what the shortcomings in OW from balance, lack of features, lack of modes, lack of growth, still no true pve content, and more all on the devs. Poor management is the issue with the game. It always has been.

The Community AND the Devs are killing this game

Change my mind

1 Like

Yes, they are people problems. But they don’t need to be.

The biggest one is the stress of picking heroes and somehow getting other teammates to pick decent team comps.

That could be so much simpler.
✅ [Role Select] Finalizing this concept

Heck, another “people problem”, is it would be nice to have an in-game interface to write/read/edit notes about someone you friended, with a quick interface for you to mark what heroes you think they are good at.

You could build a stockpile of friends and friendly acquaintances to build your games around.

But you can’t even write/read a note, without alt+tabbing out to the battlenet, or alt+tabbing to a spreadsheet.

i wouldnt mind a role select…but i also know that its going to create all new issues (many of which im sure are all over the replies in that thread)…pretty sure we’ll end up right back where we are: arguing about comps being messed up

Well yeah, you’d get 2 offtanks, or healers that won’t heal.

But that’s why the flex roles can fill in the gaps, vote to unlock roles, and move Mei to the Tank Role, because she’s secretly the next best thing if you don’t have a main tank. (I.e., create space, stall objectives, block attacks/Ults, facilitate kills for other dps, high self sustain).

Or if your DPS can’t cut it with damage, there’s a lot of offtank/healer options that can supplement damage.

Would it be perfect? Nah.
Would it be about as good as you can get it, given human nature? Yeah probably.

No the slow balance and lack of meaningful updates are killing the game.

People aren’t being rewarded for flexing by the matchmaker. They’re punished for not playing their best hero because they’re expected to carry at any given time.

People aren’t punished for soft throwing.

People aren’t incentive to try in any game mode except for competitive and arcade (when they haven’t reached their lootbox limit - which many people don’t care about anymore). Not to mention, because of the first and second issue, many play on smurfs and therefor aren’t even caring to try in competitive.

People are convinced the report system doesn’t do anything at all when they report someone for throwing, hacking, or leaving.

How is that a community issue? It seems like some kind of social experiment. “How big of a push do we have to give these people to turn into an insufferable cesspool of players?”

Everyone bawling and wringing their hands about “toxicity” really needed to see how online multiplayer was done 20+ years ago.

Except it wasn’t anymore “correct” twenty years ago. Perhaps– just maybe– people don’t like being bullied…? Especially by people they don’t know…?

It’s “death throes”, not “death throws”. Throes are any intense or violent struggle, usually at birth, death or during great change. :honeybee:

Toxic interactions between player is hardly ever the reason why a multiplayer game is dying.

CS has it, League has it, Dota 2 has it, TF2 has it, and all these games are still going strong years after release. OW is dying because of flawed game design and doesn’t know whether it wants to appeal to the casuals or the more serious crowds.

1 Like

Couldn’t have said it better.

Lack of taking action is what’s killing the game, not really the community by itself. Can you really blame players for being frurstrated with the various long term issues this game has had? Slow and questionable balancing decisions and reworks, feeling as if feedback is being ignored, no roadmap, little to no communication these days, in-game reports feeling automated, smurfs galore and not appearing to be dealt with, quite a few heroes in an odd place or left in the gutter, etc.

1 Like