The Brutal Truth: Mercy will not be reverted. Stop asking for it

I honestly wish they’d flat out remove Res for something else. I’m tired of hearing about it.

6 Likes

While I don’t know if Mass Rez makes sense, I think instant-single-rez in Valk would make sense. Or really fast, like 0.5sec.

Can’t we go back to hard-to-swallow-pills format? It sounded slightly less retarded.

4 Likes

I’m down.
But #ReworkMercy players brought this format to life so I’m using this weapon against them.

3 Likes

But but muh huge rez saved us from loosing!!! If you didn’t kill the Mercy that was your fault!!! :upside_down_face:

Welp… I suppose it’s time for me to clarify things once again.

1. #ReworkMercy isn’t only about wanting reverts. There’s hundreds of other ideas that are suggested for Mercy besides just wanting Mass Res to return. Generalizing the entire group as such, is being disingenuous.

2. You are fine to not want Mass Rez. I think a lot of people on these forums are at a point where they don’t care whether players want it to return or not. However, I think it’s time to ask the question of “what discussion is to be had here?” Making yet another anti-revert thread at this point and worded in this way, seems to be just looking to start an argument where there isn’t one.

3. Using reddit as a basis for said argument isn’t a strong one to have. And copy/pasting an old source from Jeff saying there’s no plans to revert the hero, is also misinformation… It’s been proven that months after the statement was made, Mercy was in fact reverted in terms of both her voiceline, and later on, her healing output. And even then, there is no specification as to what kind of revert was being referred to. So objectively, that statement is outdated at best, and no longer relevant at worst.

4. People outside of the forums have complained about Mercy and asked for changes on places such as Youtube, twitch, and on social media such as twitter. Complaints about her aren’t exclusive to the forums.

5. Your thought of Mass Rez being bad game design is your opinion to have, that doesn’t make it fact, or an opinion that everyone shares. Your explanations given are also assumptions not backed by actual sources or data, and is filled with rumors. i.e. your statement of:

Makes it seem like it was the fault of resurrect that players abused the SR bug. There should be clarification that the bug was separate from the ultimate itself, and still would have existed with or without it. This is also related to the bug that caused SR drops, and seasonal bans during that time. Resurrect itself has nothing to do with why the bug existed in the game.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/09/27/rare-overwatch-bug-is-causing-big-sr-drops-instant-seasonal-bans-blizzard-working-on-a-fix/

1. I’m beginning to question the need for so many “anti-revert” threads lately. Perhaps they know something I don’t and the devs are infact planning on incorporating it again? I’m not sure, but the amount of hysteria going on does have me intrigued.

2. And finally, telling people to “stop asking” for something will not convince those people to do what you say. Apologies, but we are allowed to voice our opinions and ask for whatever we wish. You don’t control what we should and shouldn’t ask for in this game. I will most certainly continue to ask for Mass Rez, and I have every right to do so, as you do in asking for it not to return. :slight_smile:

But, I do respect your opinion, and we’re going to have to agree to disagree on our stances on Mass Rez. But hey! Since you are giving your opinion about why you think Mercy isn’t getting reverted, I suppose I will go ahead and give 10 reasons on why I believe she will. Just to keep things fair. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

8 Likes

Let me cut it short for you,
it won’t return.
Period.

The voice line was iconic, many people wanted it back and most of the time it was the first thing newcomers thought of when they heard “Overwatch,” that’s why they decided to bring it back

3 Likes

That’s why it got removed from the game genius, majority complained about it even pros/streamers even people here in the forum.

The rest is the same "bla bla bla bingo wingo " after 1 year of spamming the forum, so not gonna even bother.

4 Likes

I would suggest that you read the reply, as the provided source has already been addressed.

You are fine to not want it to return, but you have no right to tell others not to ask for it back. We are both entitled to our opinions. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

10 Likes

The brutal truth: You can make these kind of threads all day long, it won’t matter.
Most of the Mercy players who want a rework/revert won’t stop posting until their hero is somewhat more fun to play in THEIR eyes. And if they feel that way, they have all right to feel that way and announce it. At worst, it won’t matter. At best, it may lead to changes.

Now, you can accept that this is part of free speech; people will have thoughts and opinions you don’t understand/support.
If you are that certain that Mercy won’t get a revert/rework, then why are you telling others to stop making threads? Them making threads is a waste of their time, clearly. So you can stop bothering to read them, or create your own threads telling them to stop making threads. It’s all a big waste of time.

But hey, if you enjoy it, nobody’s stopping you.

14 Likes

Where is the Brutal truth? All I see is truth, at least in regards to Mercy not being reverted, ever.

I’m on the side of not wanting Mercy to be reverted, not wanting mass-rez, and not wanting Valkyrie. I find Valkyrie to be horribly designed as well in the sense that it takes away the need for the few skills necessary while playing Mercy, and it does it for such a long time. If Valkyrie had only a 5 second duration I think I’d be fine with it, but now it’s over 10% of your total playtime.

I wish for another Mercy rework, but Mercy will never receive another rework either. So basically I will never play Overwatch again, which is fine. I haven’t played in over a year now… And Blizzard is never receiving any of my money again either.

2 Likes

The brutal truth - OP, you don’t know if the devs would change their minds about this next month or next year, so get off your high horse.

5 Likes

When have they actually changed their mind?

1 Like

It’s safe to be 100% sure that they won’t because they know how unfun the players found it to play against mass res and how many people hated it.

2 Likes

A lot of people hate a lot of things in the game yet they remain in it…

2 Likes

i WISH it was just mercy…but theres other stuff on here that also keeps getting asked for that we already know wont happen…it makes no sense to me

1 Like

That’s common sense, there’s a reason this rework happened, how difficult is it to realize? :smiley:

Not changing something and reverting something are entirely different things

1 Like

I’m pretty sure most people don’t want a revert anymore.

However I’m not going to stop asking for them to fix what they broke.

2 Likes

I doubt that very much. The majority most likely did and said nothing.