The 'Black Girl' Hero & Apex Legends

Russians has arabish muslims too, google dagestan people, also part of russia. And buryatian people, they’re basically asians, but still part of russia

And many more nationalities

I’m white, I can move to China and produce a white offspring there, that won’t make him Asian. What are you trying to achieve here? You know exactly what I mean.

Ethnicity is different from nationality. When talking about “asians” it usually includes India. If they want to be more specific, they say “east asian”. Just like when people say “white european”, they mean anyone who is white, no matter where they live.

8 Likes

Yeah, that’s true. While it would be fine if there was one more, it doesn’t mean it wouldn’t be fine it there wasn’t.

I did specify “slavs”. I wouldn’t include Russia in this conversation, because the term “Russian” has a starcly different cultural meaning in Russia than it does in the rest of the world. A Buryat does not call themselves "russian’.

That racial groups are totally arbitrary. Some how, you can be a native asian witout being the “right” asian"? Doesn’t make sense.

So what makes someone white?

You have Doomfist, he’s your black girl character now after the nerfs. Enjoy.

5 Likes

So then by YOUR definition, what dictates whether or not a person is Black or not? Because even as a person who is biracial and light-skinned (literal 50-50 split), I have always identified as Black. And I naturally always will. While true, I am technically “biracial”, or to be specific — a “half-breed” (as racists have once called me). I am still Black at the end of the day.

Same thing would apply with Pharah and Ana. Both light-skins. Whether or not she’s mixed, I have no idea. But, it seems clear as day to me that those 2 women are Black. Egyptian in origin or not.

3 Likes

That’s not the argument. Ethnic groups exist. We usually classify them based on geographical location.

Having mostly white European genes.

2 Likes

inb4 Doomfist identifies as a girl.

1 Like

And what’s a white European gene?

I like how the guy completely dodged my questions regarding his opinions and views of what makes a person “Black”. :joy:

Go read on Wikipedia. I don’t understand what is your argument. I know you know what I mean. Why are you so desperately trying to make me to say?

Bruh-bruh. Once again. So Doomfist is “Black”, but Ana and Pharah aren’t. They’re “Egyptians”, and not Black folk. At least according to you, right? :joy: Genji amused emote

Jeezus, why are you people like this? Clearly Pharah and Ana don’t represent a typical Afro-American with Sub-Saharan ancestors. Doomfist and Lucio do so a lot more. They are middle-Eastern. Hell, in some contexts, Egyptian people are considered “white”.

yes, I know you don’t need to get a DNA test to “prove” one’s race, but usually people can tell by looking at you.

5 Likes

I typed in “White European Gene” on Wikipedia and nothing came up. I further know that there’s basically no scientific basis for race, so there’s that.

Okay, you’re arguing a different point entirely. Where not talking about scientific basis for race, we’re talking about why “there’s no black female in Overwatch”

2 Likes

Threads like these are perfect examples of why articles like these are written in the first place.

1 Like

Who here said Ana and Pharah were American?

Doomfist and Lucio are not American. Well Lucio is South American, so I guess that can count as American.

1 Like

Black people in Egypt are a minority in Egypt. The majority ethnicity in Egypt is- get this- Egyptian.

2 Likes

If there’s no scientific basis for race, then what reckoning do we have to say someone is this or that race?