The big problem with Mercy

If they want the developers to listen to them, they need to find a solution that the developers can listen to. Not many different ones.

From what I’ve seen its not necessarily that people don’t think it’s an issue for the most part they just disagree on how to fix it.

Except that’s not how people’s minds work. People will always disagree with something if it exists online. Also, Blizzard can just easily chose the solution that they like best. No one is stopping them…

Think the new change is a bit harsh. Get why it was done but healing is all mercy had. Unlike the other supports that can fight and heal mercy can’t really do that. Personally I preferred her with the big res because it was one of those big game changing ultimates like grav used to be and in a way was the counter to grav. Now we don’t really have those big Ults anymore.

2 Likes

You can make an argument that that’s exactly what they did with the rework tbf. Didn’t solve many issues people are hoping to with these discussions though.

2 Likes

Didn’t they already do that?

1 Like

Last I recall, no one ever suggested a rework. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Last i Recall, a lot of people wanted mass rez gone.

That’s not the same thing as wanting a rework

Point still stands, no one asked for a rework. Besides, this “rework” is more of a revert than anything.

1 Like

How do you remove mass Rez without a reworking of her ult? Leave her ultless?

I can’t have an opinion on this yet, I haven’t checked how we feel with the rest of the hive.

1 Like

welp they more or less reverted her ultimate back to Valkyrie.

Yes. They removed mass rez, replaced it with Valk. The only element of the rework that wasn’t specific to her ult was adding rez on E (Mercy identity and all that) and then later the incorporation of the bunny hop.

In essence then, wanting the removal of mass rez is pretty much wanting a rework. Very unnecessary semantics in place to try to argue otherwise.

Now no one asked for this specific rework, GOD only knows, but regardless, it was desired that Mass Rez be done away with.

“Brings a tear to me eye”.

That’s pretty funny coming from someone representing the group that advocated for over 10 nerfs, and still aren’t satisfied

I legit remember playing her after rework for the first time, people in the game told me they were happy with the rework ‘‘yeah she actually requires skill now’’.
I remember my first comp game where I was told Mercy was trash tier and got blamed not only for the loss of the game cause Mercy is bad and I shouldnt play her but after my team decided to start trickling in enemy Phara killed 3 people with her ult and my teammate goes on VC: ‘‘See I told you Mercy is bad now’’.
I remember the Cree telling me how I cant play a hero that requires skill so I cant play the new Mercy and thats why were losing.

I think we can at least agree, that the community has 0 idea what they are talking about, considering they believed she was better and weaker directly after her rework than her pre rework state for a fair while, while Mercy mains saw pretty clearly that she was strong as hell after playing 2 games on her.

Too bad we can’t count how many people wanted to get mass Resurrect removed. :frowning:

That’s just a false accusation.

Rez isn’t difficult to balance, it merely requires an extension to the abilities that already exist or have existed:

1. Return Reaper’s soul eating but rather than it giving him a heal, have it prevent resurrection if he gets to it before enemy resurrector gets to the corpse.
  2. Make Ana’s nade not only prevent healing but also prevent resurrection. This could either be if it is in effect on time of death or it could be if the grenade splashes the corpse. Doesn’t matter, effect is the same.
  3. Have Widowmaker’s venom mine do the same thing as Ana’s grenade regarding resurrection.
  4. Extend Sombra’s hack to include corpses and if she hacks the corpse then that corpse cannot be resurrected.

Next, add ONE new feature to the game. If a corpse has been poisoned/defiled/desecrated/hacked/whatever… change the face icon and GA anchor point on so that they are a different color (and perhaps have an X going through them for people who are color blind) … some sort of clear and visible indicator that the corpse is not available for resurrection.

After doing all this. Give other healers resurrect that is different (timing/effectivenes/duration/etc) from Mercy’s so that if someone doesn’t like playing Mercy but wants to be able to resurrect they won’t feel pressured or be pressured to play her.