The Anomaly of Hanzo

I mean other games don’t have heroes that heal all your damage instantly, or heroes that press one button and ignore any range advantage you had previously establish. In other games i can camp way harder and im harder to detect, there are no barriers either.

Your comparison is bad.

Hook one-shots every time unless the enemy has a Zarya or you’re a really garbage Roadhog player. Charge still one-shots, Zenyatta is just great. I’m not saying they’re no-skill heroes, just saying sometimes there’s a lot of luck involved with different heroes.

And no, Hanzo and Widow can’t one-shot every 1 second. Hanzo has less charge time but arguably the same damage. Widow’s charge is getting nerfed which I’m somewhat okay with even though I love her.

Lol not really, Hanzo is pretty much a sniper version of Junkrat.

Most of the time I see Hanzo’s firing into a chokepoint like King’s Row, not really aiming at anywhere particular, but still managing to get random kills. Or straight up aiming at someone but you end up killing someone else that happens to walk behind them at the wrong time or something. Nothing wrong with that, Junkrat and Pharah are the same way at times. Hanzo’s projectile is just way faster and arguably more irritating. Doesn’t mean he takes more skill than Widow. Would be like saying Junkrat takes more skill than McCree.

Nobody is lucky for an entire game. If you are getting stomped it’s either your movement is pretty obvious to predict or the Hanzo is good.

1 Like

Some player are very skillful at pushing buttons on a keyboard, but that’s only practice, everybody can achieve this… unless some have an alien DNA.
The other part is how effective the player is to ‘‘predict’’ the enemy moves, in this case the predictability is dictated by a cognitive behavior, once again everybody can get to this result.

To make it simple, hours of practice & memorization are needed, mind’s quick recall & dexterity are only trainable.
I’m a poor Hanzo, honestly I must have spend 5 minutes on this hero, that said, some like its dynamic, I just just don’t.

Hanzo is like the Lucksman.

You really don’t know how that arrow hits you.

IT. JUST. WORKS…

1 Like

Someone created a workshop to investigate Hanzo’s arrow. The hitbox of Hanzo arrow is a ball at the tail end of the arrow apparently.

2 Likes

difference between luck and skill is consistency

This isn’t correct @LuckyDucky12. I recently started playing Hanzo and some of the matches, I say “Wow, I got really lucky on my shots on that round.” or if not that, I at least make a kill that I truly didn’t deserve because I placed an arrow in the right direction and I confirmably say “WOW that was lucky”. Yes, you could argue that my game sense is quite high after all of these years of playing, as most of your guys’ is as well, but it doesn’t take away from the fact that some rounds I get lucky with my new character.

Most of the time it’s luck, unless the Hanzo player is in higher rating.
Even then, watching them play just feels like they’ve mastered how to roll the dice.

1 Like

That’s why he has negative winrate in every rank including GM right? The 4th lowest hero in the average rank of the playerbase? Symmetra have been picked more than him last week in OWL, his pickrate is 3% in OWL (0.5% in Overbuff calculation)

You are kicking a dead horse, the forums bias can’t get any crazier than this.

thats not true, the hitbox of hanzos arrows is basically like a small ball. its kind of like hes shooting tennis balls but with a bow instead of a racket. the fact that the projectile look like an arrow does not mean it has a hitbox the lenght of an arrow.

1 Like

no, i play hog and i constantly delete hanzo.

If you have ever watched tennis, I would draw a comparison if you will. The lines on a tennis court are in bounds so if the ball clips any part of the line, even if the vast majority of the ball is technically out of bounds it’s still good.

The same can be said of projectiles. The projectile is a cylinder and if any part of the cylinder clips the head hit box it counts as a head shot. This in reality makes the head box about triple the size in comparison to hitscan weapons.

2 Likes

It is not though, the projectile hitbox is pretty much as wide as it is long even if it looks like it is very long.

A cylinder can be of any width.

thats true, but if the cylinder is very short the comparison to a line is a bit weird.
and i believe the projectile is more of a sphere than a cylinder, but i haven’t confirmed it yet.

It’s yet to be confirmed though .

the size is more or less confirmed already, both by devs and by players in the workshop. the exact shape of the hitbox is not yet confirmed, but its believed to be a sphere.

i did a workshop just now where i crossed rein shields in a squareshape and trapped an arrow fired by hanzo within those squares by reducing projectile speed and gravity to 0 (making the fired arrow stand still mid-air). i wasnt really able to check the exact size cause im not picky enough to spend the time to do things properly, but it seems to be around 0.2m as some others have observed and it is very clear that the arrow hitbox is not as big as it looks.

i made a video showing the arrow sitting in air without hitting the barriers even though the arrow clearly looks long enough to hit them. the arrow hitbox is at the back of the arrow and not at the front as you would expect.
the front of the arrow is only visual and the arrow hitbox is smaller than the “cage” created by the barriers.

https://streamable.com/2zv9s

Because he just needs that one lucky arrow, whereas something like soldier will need to hit many, many bullets to do the same.

It’s very apparent especially when I play queue deathmatch that majority of them can barely shoot… but they will still win if you require 5 to 10 shots as opposed to their one or worst case scenario, two.

But it’s not like hanzo logs are more difficult to hit than the average bullet or hitscan fire. But the instant reward is there. Bonus points for Hanzo becoming Hanzo76 when you press storm arrow button, except each bullet doesn’t do a meager 20 damage.

Hanzo is akin to soldier76 not having a cooldown on helix rocket, except it can also crit.

2 Likes

1 shot every 1 second… this is why these players are hardstuck :'D