The Anger Around the PTR Mercy Buffs Explained

I honestly thought I’d never see the day when someone would argue against water being wet

Never say never, I suppose.

I’ll go with the religious affiliation of the pope or the location where the bear handles excretory functions from now on, instead

Actually, if we are going to be pedantic about it, any water you will find here on Earth is wet. Elsewhere, maybe not.

Wet
adjective

1. covered or saturated with water or another liquid.

So if there is more than one water molecule in a certain area, each water molecule could be considered “covered” or “saturated” with water due to surrounding water molecules. However, if there is a single water molecule without any surrounding water molecules (which will not be found in any natural conditions on Earth), it could be considered “not wet”.

I’ve spent so much time thinking on this because last year there were a bunch of kids who tried to argue that water isn’t wet.

2 Likes

Given that water itself is a liquid, it, by definition, can’t be wet. On top of that, water can’t be saturated with itself or another liquid. But, erm… this is rather off-topic, so… I’ll just say you’re wrong on this one and wait for the original topic to resume.

1 Like

As I said, if forum members want to argue that water is not wet, np, I will shift to examples involving certain ursine activities or the religion of the Pope

But you don’t really shoot anything down. You just put your opinion on everything and then present it as fact. Your statistics are almost always biased and skewed and most likely produced to confirm your bias.

You still have a ways to go, kiddo.

1 Like

There isn’t any part of a liquid’s definition saying that a liquid cannot be wet.

It can be covered or surrounded by itself, however.

No u.

1 Like

Equips tin foil hat

The pope is an atheist.

. . . . :eye:
. . . . :small_red_triangle:
. . :small_red_triangle::small_red_triangle_down::small_red_triangle:
:small_red_triangle::small_red_triangle_down::small_red_triangle::small_red_triangle_down::small_red_triangle:

1 Like

You can’t undermine opinions that are based upon personal perceptions of fun. You can, however, undermine the assertion that Mercy does not need changes.

Which is what I do.

Are they really?

Or are your biases contradicted by the statistics?

4 Likes

How is a hero whose ultimate takes a mechanically easy hero and makes it so much easier it may as well be brain dead okay?

It may feel balanced, but it really isn’t from a perspective of allowing a player to show skills.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, debunking your points isn’t some amazing accomplishment in my life. I’m not going to remember everything little thing about it. I don’t remember the thread. It was your job to respond, but you didn’t.

I debunked everything you said and you still continue with your clouded views trying to push a change that’ll never happen.

Nah I just don’t remember the thread. Why didn’t you just respond to it? You just got shot down, as you always do.

How am I bragging lol. I just know I debunked your entire argument and I never got a notif back.

Obviously it’s not balanced around a few “egotistical players” if Mercy is the way she is. :weary:

Then stop complaining. Your change will never happen. Mercy’s the most balanced she’s ever been. All the good Mercys are still playing her and being impactful and all the bad Mercys are complaining on the forums like children and dropping SR.

Well because Mercy was blatantly busted. Mercy is now balanced. I wonder why the devs agree with me and not with players like you. :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

According to Overbuff, she has a pickrate of 1.14% in GM, while Ana is sitting at the top with 14.76%.
That’s not balanced.

https://www.overbuff.com/blobs/1kefQKxVMqQ.png

I had nothing to do, so I checked your post history to look for this specific thread.
As you can see, searching your posts that include “Titanium” gives only 3 results., none of which is debunking anything.

So either

• You did debunk Titanium’s points in this supposedly specific thread, but you never mentioned them and never quoted anything from them. Not very realisitc imo
  • You can’t remember this thread because it doesn’t exist.

I have my own idea which possibility is more likely to be correct.

5 Likes

Aaaand this simply gets shut down by pickrates =/= balance. It’s funny how this is the only sort of reasonable evidence you guys ever really have to try and prove that Mercy’s not balanced when it’s faulty in the first place.

Yes, yes I did.

1 Like

Well then give them the proof, if you did really debunk them you should easily be able to find it in your post history if you search… well unless are lying.

3 Likes

So you can carry with her?

I have seen Mercy (even before the recent set of buffs) not just carry, but dominate games

1 Like

Like the difference between a good Mercy and a bad one is completely staggering

You really notice it around lower ranks

Like id say around gold the only support I’ve noticed that happens to be doing a really crazy job most the time is Mercy
Followed by good lucios then good Anas

1 Like

How? Want to be able to carry!

Clearly you thought it to be important enough to share, being that it was the first of three sentences in your first reply in this exchange.

You said you debunked my post in another one so… where is it?

Oh wait:

It probably doesn’t exist.

I’m not asking you to remember every little thing about it. I’m asking you to find it and post where I can see it.

Surely, if you could remember posting it off the top of your head, then you could also dig up the post with a bit more thinking and searching, no?

We have a search feature on these forums just for that.

Then the reply probably doesn’t exist, and you’re just posing to make yourself look good.

I can’t reply to nonexistent posts. :woman_shrugging:

So basically, you’ve just resorted to the argument “I’m right because I said I am”.

“I debunked everything in another post. It exists, I assure you.”

It’s pretty obvious that you have nothing. :laughing:

Maybe because it doesn’t exist?

Did I?

Because I’ve yet to see anyone do it. Could you link some of those posts?

You joined the conversation with really your only contribution being how you successfully did X, and then you provide no evidence of doing X.

Did you? Okay, where did you do so?

• Implying that Mercy’s balance state is okay.

No, I really think you missed it:

“My change”?

I don’t have “a change”. There is no single change that I will support instead any other changes that make Mercy fun to play again.

So… yeah. “My change” won’t happen, because “my change” isn’t a thing.

Factually incorrect.

Please explain to me how a hero having 1/14th the pickrate of one of their counterparts in GM is balanced.

When the two heroes I am subtly referring to had their positions swapped from the current, Mercy was considered overpowered… and yet, the reverse of that is ignored.

We call that a double-standard.

As for the most balanced, Mercy has ever been… that was season 4, when she was D-tier.

Hello.

I was a GM Mercy main for 3 consecutive seasons before I stopped playing.

And this quote only demonstrates ignorance on your part.

You can’t drop SR if you don’t play, and over half of the Mercy playerbase has stopped playing. :man_shrugging:

Was she?

Was a D-tier hero really busted?

Or are you just bad at the game, and anything that can demonstrate that is suddenly “overpowered”?

The stats say otherwise.

There are two arguments I could pull here, so I’m going to pull both.

First, when was balance ever mentioned in regards to why Mercy was reworked in the first place?

Hint: It wasn’t. The developers may be flipping incompetent, but not even they are dumb enough to pretend that a D-tier hero is at all oppressive in regards to balance.

Second, let’s suppose that these developers were incompetent enough to use “she was overpowered” as a reason to rework Mercy… That means you are supporting your position with the words of a team that has demonstrated repeatedly how incompetent they are.

These are the same people who:

• Wanted D.Va to be more of a bully tank, so they granted her 100 additional armor.

• Wanted D.Va to be less of a bully tank, so they reworked her (“Protect the Rip-Tire”).

• Wanted D.Va to be more of a bully tank, so they reworked her again.

• Left Sombra in garbage tier for well over a year after her launch before buffing her into semi-viability. They then left her in that state for two weeks before nerfing her into a worse state than she was before her buffs. The patch wasn’t even put in the PTR before going live.

• Left Bastion in garbage tier for months before reworking him into into god tier. They then left him in that state for about a week on PC (a full month on consoles) before nerfing him once again back into garbage tier. They have not touched him since then.

• Let Ana dominate the meta for a full season before nerfing her repeatedly until she hit garbage tier. They then took a year and a half to bring her back into relevance.

• Took 8 months to grant Widowmaker a simple cooldown reduction buff; one that had been universally requested by the community. Then they partially reverted one of those buffs because she became meta for a few months.

• Left Hanzo in garbage tier for nearly two years before finally reworking him, at which point he dominated the damage category for months before finally being toned down.

• Take months or years to fix obvious and trivial issues (bugs, hitbox irregularities), or sometimes completely ignore them despite obvious discussion on them: Genji’s deflect, Doomfist’s hitboxes, Reinhardt’s Earthshatter, Mercy’s post-rework GA bug, etc.

• Have yet to bring Mei out of garbage tier.

• Have yet to bring Reaper out of garbage tier.

• Have yet to bring Torbjorn out of garbage tier despite a full-blown rework.

• Have yet to bring Symmetra out of garbage tier despite two full-blown reworks.

• Have attempted to sneak changes to obvious features through by calling them “bug fixes” (see Lucio’s Wall-Ride nerf, Mercy’s damage boost nerf).

• Have failed to balance consoles and PC differently save for Torbjorn’s turret, unlike that which was promised when they first released the game.

And of course:

• Reworked Mercy, taking a balanced hero and shooting them into God-tier for 10 months.

I honestly would be more concerned if the developers agreed with me than I would be if they didn’t, with their track record.

4 Likes

“I’m not guilty, I was doing something somewhere else !”
“Can you at least prove that ?”

“I’m not guilty !”

2 Likes

Thanks for the nice read.

My frustration with Valkyrie is that it really is dead simple to play. No room for any real improvement, or learning nuances with the hero.

She should be strong, but look at Winston. He’s “simple” but scales great with skill. Mercy hass virtually no skill scaling. Meanwhile almost every support has great skill scaling, except Briggite but they’re fixing that…

5 Likes