The Anger Around the PTR Mercy Buffs Explained

For starters I disagree with having an ult ability on E anyways, THATS unbalanced. But to answer your question, mercy is supposed to be the angelic angel that did bring back fallen hero’s: “Hero’s never die”, mass Rez IMO was too much of an Ult especially after Invul anyway but most of the point of mass Rez was to bring your team back after a massive wipe because your enemies used ultra that were unhealable(like Dva bomb).

As well, Saying Rez “does our job for us” is true…because it’s an E ability since no skill is needed to achieve it. Rez on ult requires the Mercy to actually need to heal to get that clutch ult. If Rez was to be removed, she’d need to be able to thoroughly stop you’re team from dying(pseudo-Rez).

1 Like

This is an interesting point.

What if Mercy had an ult that “reversed” AOE damage that occurred over a set time? Like, say, if D.Va bomb killed her teammates, then it would “burst” heal anyone caught in it–whether they died or not.

It would have more utility than just reversing death, and would need to be used skillfully. Reversing tick damage that killed your team (like Blizzard or Winston primary) would bring them back with only a small amount of health (unless the target was focused by multiple sources of damage within that time period).

20 minutes to say that we’re just playing her wrong. :unamused:

Well, are you?

Nope. :blush:

Then keep playing how you do. It’s only saying you’re playing her wrong if you are. :slightly_smiling_face:

Or, Lumi’s whole argument that we’re playing her wrong is complete bogus. :blush: Especially since I already play aggressively as Mercy. But sure, keep linking that 20 minute video that can be summarised to; you’re playing her wrong and I’m playing her right. :slight_smile:

I have only linked it once. Unless you are asking me to do it more to inform the masses so they no longer suffer from “misinformation.”

You don’t inform the misinformed by misinforming them more. :slight_smile:

Oh, so then you are playing wrong is that it?

Saying that we’re just playing her wrong is misinforming people since some of us do play aggressively and the problems still persist. Lumi is acting as if playing her his way will solve our problems when people already play like this and still have problems with Mercy. Again, informing the masses by telling them that we’re just playing her wrong and that we should play her his, right way to solve our problems is misinforming the masses.

Of course, just take a look at the video title. Mercy is not THAT bad. Where does it say this will fix every issue she has? It’s simply telling you that a passive Mercy is not the best way to play current Mercy. It has nothing to do with Mercy being perfect in every way.

1 Like

Then it’s fine. :blush:

To be honest, people just find the smallest thing to bring up and it’s annoying as they usually ignore most of the post. :confused:

1 Like

No I don’t think that a cast time and no Invulnerabilty would do anything to Mercy; if anything it would make her terrible since that’s 1.75 seconds of a 50% (or 75%, I don’t remember) movement reduction.

I think it would be fine with a smaller cast time since now as soon as you press your Ultimate it depletes it immediately. She could be interrupted during a longer cast time and effectively make an Ultimate useless from stuns, boops, etc.

No, a lot of Mercy mains are either fine with her current kit or have other ideas to rework Mercy.

What you said is incorrect for the most part but I can link you to a survey that breaks everything down.

From what I’ve been told and what I’ve done, players find Mercy fun because she has more mobility. I have also seen that video and it goes against how I think a lot of people see Mercy as.

It encourages Battle Mercy (which I will admit is a lot of fun) and as much as it plays into the fantasy she brings it also goes against how she is described and how a lot of people play her. My own opinion though.

I think a Mercy with more chances to deal damage is good personally. Why have a pistol if you are not gonna use it?

That’s true, I will say that but I prefer to go Battle Mercy if I see someone is low or if I need to defend myself (because in all honesty, it’s tiring to say that a Tracer or Doomfist is in the back attacking you and no one help you).

Its literally against her lore to make her focus more on damage. As much fun as DPS Mercy is and as delicious as the salt is from people you destroy with DPS Mercy, personally I’ve always felt it off that she can deal decent DPS and that she gains so much charge from it. The only thing saving her balance in her DPS being so much better charge gain than her support abilities was that her Ult as Mass Rez was a fail safe and a save that you fell back on when you had to. They’re making Valk into something you want to use as much as possible because it addresses the pure anemic state of the rest of her kit meaning charge rate now matters a lot more, thus DPS Mercy being the better Mercy is now a problem.

If the developers wanted to make her this way though, that would just make people even more upset that they’re ignoring feedback and pushing forward with making the game into DPSWatch.

There is a cause and effect for everything. Unleash a half baked mistake of a rework, get a garbo result. Maybe next time they’ll actually try seriously.

5 Likes