The Anger Around the PTR Mercy Buffs Explained

Idk, ask the devs that literally forced the patch with Mercy 2.0

:laughing:

7 Likes

nahnahnah we had a choice dude, this guy just said we had. /s

2 Likes

Please refrain from making such assumptions without sufficient evidence. :blush:

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.
3 Likes

Ok so people saying to buff her healing to 60 and make her ult better is them ignoring the forums? (Yes they came from Mercy mains), basically it amounts to what I have been saying forever…the community is NEVER happy.

If Mercy is such a controversial character that there are hundreds of threads with thousands of users throwing a tantrum over whether she’s fun or not, the absolute best thing for this community and the game is to remove her entirely.

No, it does not. Ult economy cannot prevent allies from being resurrected to full health as soon as mercy presses q with allies in range.

I agree! :slight_smile: let’s agree that it affects ult economy Just by existing and having the potential to go off.

Take a look at my example, please! Can you please point out how it demonstrates poor ult management by the non-mercy team?

I agree! But this is what we call inherently problematic, because mercy retains her ultimate charge in this manner. Effectively, the ult itself wasn’t countered; it just never went off for that team fight! That doesn’t introduce a mechanical counter for resurrect

let’s not make personal assumptions :slight_smile: At the time, I played heroes who were not traditionally on mercy duty due to high ttk or I played mercy herself. While i still put in damage as I could, I am not disgruntled due to that.

Can you please explain to me what you mean with her beeing fun? The only way to her be like that is bring back mass rez but for that they would ask a cast time and you would still complain about it.

Do Mercy mains not have jobs or something? Go play another character, or another game. Stop posting here. Blizzard doesn’t care!

The world has moved on.

People can post if they want too, no matter if you disagree with it. It’s the forums. If you don’t like it, you don’t have to read it. What do you expect when you open a thread about Mercy?

7 Likes

What else is new?

I’m confused. Have you perhaps, actually… killed a Mercy before she came in for the res? You do realize that said action is fundamentally how one would prevent her from pulling it off right? It was a proactive prevention tactic, which I assume you didn’t like, but it was still a prevention tactic nonetheless. And it was extremely effective against Mercy. Mercy being a niche pick at the time and needing to have her ultimate buffed just to use it successfully without getting killed before hand, is a testament to how hard she was being prevented.

But let me ask, if your issue with this, is that it’s an instant res, and that to prevent it, you had to act proactively, then if they had instead made her Ult with a cast time and damage reduction instead of invincibility, would you have then not have had a problem with it?

Sure! But only if we also agree that it’s affect is in line with how any impactful ultimate works. Since like any ultimate with impact, you have to prepare for them, and not just close your eyes, press Q, and blow all your ults at once and expect an easy win, agreed? :blush:

I believe I already have, if you are referring to the first quote in this post. Have I missed anything?

I believe I see your point. Regardless of how rare it was for a Mercy to pull off a team res, I do understand your view in terms of how the rez still existing after Mercy was killed would still be problematic. A solution to that problem however is still a very fixable one. All they would need to do is either give it a cast time, make it cancel when hit by CC, knock-back, etc. or both. That would fundamentally solve that glaring problem I believe and serve as a mechanical counter on both fronts.

Add some other tweaks like a Line of sight and damage reduction instead of invincibility and I believe she would have been quite fine. My issue is that such tweaks were never given and they just went ahead with a rework without addressing the concerns you and I pointed out first. :blush:

I take my assumptions back and apologize for the misconceptions then. I’ve played Mercy and various other heroes as well, mostly tanks and defense. When playing against a Mercy, I guessed I’ve been so attuned to reading Mercy players behavior (usually alone, more aggressive, on the front lines, etc) that I am able to easily predict when that person is about to go for a res. I personally enjoyed chasing Mercies who behaved that way, and being one step ahead, and usually when they were able to pull it off, I was more impressed than frustrated - since it was so rarely done at the time.

Since the rework, all of that strategy has been essentially erased, since Valkyrie, rather literally, takes Mercy directly out of the fight. That is what I personally find to be one of the things I don’t like about the new ultimate, and what I don’t find engaging, nor impactful in any sense of the word. But of course, I respect those who do, and if you or they feel that Valkyrie is great, then hey! More power to you! I just think that the rework wasn’t necessary and that tweaking mass rez would instead of reworking Mercy would have solved a lot of the problems we currently have with her today. Just my 2 cents. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

3 Likes

Seriously, everytime I see these posts its always the same. WHAT IS FUN FOR YOU?

Fun is so objective its crazy.

How would Mercy be fun again? Was she ever fun?
She’s probably fun right now to a thousand people, and to those thousand people there are another thousand that do not find her fun at all.

What is with you and your “fun”? Is she only fun when she is a mandatory must pick hero that shreds every other hero because of a broken kit?

I don’t find Brigitte fun because of how she’s built and that her kit is absolutely not support like. Do I want her changed? Oh hell no, I want her deleted from the game thats for sure.

The point is though, you’ll find things unfun that are fun for others, you can’t please everyone, especially as these forums are a very small minority of the playerbase of Overwatch, every change affects people differently and some can’t even voice their opinion regardless of what it is because they don’t come to this toxic cesspool of ungrateful people.

I totally get you, but I think the thing of people being toxic, with Mercy at least, is the fact that she has been changed so much and received nonstop nerfs.

That’s really frustrating when it feels like you say something in a forum but then that thread is just locked and ignored. Or other players say Mercy main’s are just ungrateful and want her to be overpowered again. It’s just a frustrating situation that feels like the Devs aren’t taking a hold of.

2 Likes

My god I am so tired of people repeating this ad nauseam. Mercy was fun before the rework, even while she was trash tier. Also, I have yet to see a single person advocate for her being god tier, unless you think 60hp/s is god tier, even after the other supports were buffed.

3 Likes

What? Mercy having the healing she had buffed because it was so weak? Crazy.

No. Overshadows the other supports that were buffed in the same patch. Except for Brig because her shield has too much health, obviously that’s the problem. Crazy.

60 heals/second is OP. Crazy.

That we can agree on :slight_smile:

1 Like

Getting 60 hp/s back is something I thought she needs, at most. I would’ve preferred 55 hp/s to see how that works first. I’m baffled people are actually complaining…

Devs listen more on Reddit, go there and your voices will be heard

That place is worse than the Overwatch forums tbh.

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.

Na, the Devs love that place, they go there for ideas all the time, its the best place to goto to have your voices heard