The aimbots are stronger than ever

I dont think anyone is legit trying to say there is no aim botters. There is hackers in every online and offline game. What matters is if they get detected and punished. From my experience there is 0 aimbots but I wouldnt say so because Ive seen those youtube videos too. And even If I wouldnt seen those I would still guess there must be people using aim bots, but the amount is really low, like it already is.

1 Like

have you ever used Xzim on the PS4 or what ever it is. Basically allows you to use a mouse and Keyboard while still having the PS4 aimassist. Most the aimbots are now aim assist, fuction just like a PS4 aimassist. they arenty overly blatent but when people claim they have crazy “snap” skills, especially below diamond or GM, they are probably lying

The “I havent seen it crowd” make me laugh…thats the whole point, to cheat enough to not make it obvious. To make the cheat look like organic movement and with 3 years down the programmers have got it down to a science. But you know… YOU havent seen it so it must not be happening.

1 Like

I tried to be funny with my bigfoot and lochness comment ok? …

Yes aimbot users exists but they are pretty rare. Yes you can see footage of them on internet but it doesnt mean they are in every second game or something.

Usualy just people meet someone who has very good aim or is smurfing and they go crazy about it how is it aimbot.

I know a lot of people, i am part of ow community on discord and didnt see anyone complaining about it. I played probably thousands of comp games and saw only two aim bot users. Maybe its little bit worse higher in ranks but still nothing common.

I can tell you that when i had alt and i was playing hitscan people called me hacker and aimbo user pretty much every second game, people have no clue what is skill and what is actual cheat. Their logic is : he killed me and has better aim than me which is impossible=he has aimbot…

1 Like

I have never seen it in my two years playing this game. I am sure it exists though as it has been reported that hundreds of accounts got banned (including one with the account name translated as “Ugly thick lip smelly feet man”). You can google it, it was in the news a while back.

I’ll only recognized a few. One guy was super blatant with it. 65 scoped crits on Ashe. PotG was just snap after snap after snap with his friend damage boosting him lol. Like 6-7 shots like that.

Another few I’ve seen wall hacks from in customs. Where they track enemy movement from across the map.

That said there’s very subtle hacks out there. I didn’t really want to believe it but I’ve seen the CS player videos. Subtle enough hacks are very hard to distinguish from real player movement but still give a huge advantage.

It’s a mess. If people can’t even avoid that in big CS tournaments on LAN how will you manage to do it with millions of randoms.

To my knowledge I’ve only played with a handful of cheaters but it’s possible I’ve fought many that use sophisticated software. That said I assume anyone like that would be masters or gm so at least I don’t have to deal with it :frowning:

Well considering that its a video of yourself getting some very fast ‘quick scope’ shots, you wouldn’t self incriminate yourself by providing proof if you were cheating. I watched it a good 15 or so times in slow motion going frame by frame, which that gfycat site skips frames horribly, so you have to watch it multiple times to see the frames you missed. Anyways so, no, you look legit, you look like how I used to play Counter-Strike 1.6 back in the day, lots of caffeine and sour patch kids in a teenagers blood, or was it blood in my caffeine and sour patch level? You missed a good 2 shots in between killing both enemies. The Zarya kill was more luck than anything, but it kinda did look like there was some tracking going on through the right pillar of the point, but not enough to actually say wallhack or hitbox tracker.

When played a normal speed, it does look a slight bit sketch just because of how fast everything is happening, likely do to even high quality GIF images/clips still dropping/cutting frames during conversion.

As for the OWL Tournaments, its a sham. They can bring their own mice in and most of the really top end mice you can upload scripts and profile settings to. If you get one modded you can add hacks to them. This is how some pros have gotten caught and banned before. The other issues that everyone seems to forget is they play in a different type of Arena & Network. Their network is a closed LAN that has peak bandwidth 99% of the time, so there is literally no latency to contest them. They also are able to play in a modded arena at 144Tic because its only 12 players on the servers load, where as we on regular joe’s on in the world network, are all playing on 67Tic (huge registry and performance difference). So they have, imo, an easier time hiding scripts and cheats. Latency checks are a major variable that breaks & exposes aim and movement type hacks in FPS games.

I believe I addressed this.

Hacking isn’t rampant, but it’s still prevalent enough to be annoying. I’m just glad comp seems to have few of them. QP has enough to be frustrating at times (1 person in about every 4 matches), especially when you’re trying to practice a hero before trying them out in comp. What makes it worse is that so many of them use snipers to get the most out of their aimbots.

I wasn’t suggesting you were one of the people saying it’s rampant. You haven’t stated anything like that in this thread.

My first sentence was agreeing with what you’ve been writing. The second sentence was pointing out what is missing from this thread and every thread on this subject, and not necessarily asking you to provide it.

1 Like

My mistake then. You’re more level-headed than most. So, I apologize.

Nah, more like “I’ve seen every iteration of aimbot in existence going all the way back to before you were a thought on this mortal coil”. And I know what to look for because of that wealth of experience.

If you don’t see the cheaters, you are either straight up naive, complicit and using one yourself, or your aim/skills are too potato to match with DPS players that possess head shot aim.

Jacqui plays at 3700, so he’s used to seeing red arrows in the kill feed, and it’s much harder to pick out in an ELO where consistent head shots actually exist.

That ELO is not platinum and below where these cheaters exist. They cheat to utilize the PBSR bonuses that would push them up in to diamond. Critical Hit Accuracy. Many of them are playing on long dormant accounts, or fresh ones. The older accounts are so obvious it’s amazing that they aren’t banned.

You can see where they left off in an early season with very little overall play time and ZERO on aim reliant heroes, and then the dramatic increase to 28% scoped crit on widow from like 12% when they come back and literally only play high skill cap DPS heroes that require precision aim (because these cheats are literally everywhere and many are being disseminated for free). This is a sign that the cheats are probably known to Blizzard, and the banwave is finally coming.

There are more cheats in FPS games than any other genre. More cheaters show up when the price point on FPS games goes down. When this game goes F2P, you will see them everywhere non-stop, and this game will sound it’s death rattle.

If you can’t comprehend this extremely simple fact, you’re trolling or almost too dumb to breathe oxygen.

2 Likes

I’m bronze, I belong there. There are questionable players you come across. Widow that kills you the second you step around a corner. Not just a lucky shot. Not during ult. I also remember seeing a bot not aim bot. They were in 3v3 elimination. Always picked torb, set turret in middle of spawn, point toward ceiling and go in circles. Insta loss if they were on your team.

1 Like

SIM is a great tool to catch suspect cheaters. Your SIM represents input lag in milliseconds. I have 3.3, the lowest possible value. It’s safe to say that if I have peeker’s advantage over another widow, and he peeks me and I lose, but don’t miss. That player is cheating. That reaction time is simply inhuman. And net-code favors the shooter. That player is 100% cheating, because it is not possible to do.

While aimbotting is certainly possible in bronze, I don’t see the point in it. I think bronze is experiencing masters+ smurfs that just know all of the angles and want to grind their widow on bad players. If you possess superior map knowledge and know a high traffic angle, and set up a tripwire shot on a corner looking at that angle, it’s not terribly difficult to do. You don’t even need good raw aim to do it. It’s all cross-hair placement and timing. The general lack of awareness in gold is atrocious. I can’t even begin to comprehend what it’s like in bronze. Even a mediocre gold or plat widow would be devastating in Bronze.

https://i0.wp.com/gamerprompt.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Overwatch-Soldier-76-Ultimate.jpg

1 Like

3k to 2200 in a week. You’re on a de-ranking crusade. How many games did you have to throw to do that? Your stats are pretty good. I look forward to fragging you in my games.

???

I have 0 idea of what you are talking about…

1 Like

Kings Row, round 1, they push it to the end with seconds left, we were playing better, but they did make it.

Round 2, we destroy them, push it to the end with 4 mins left. Nobody of notable skill in the first two rounds.

Round 3, all of a sudden, they have a Soldier mowing us down, we can’t touch them. Peek from anywhere, Soldier nails you instantly. Soldier getting first few picks of every push, rest of team handling the 6v3 clean up. They push it to the end in OT.

Round 4, same guy on Bastion, we can’t even move. Flank sneak attack Bastion, team crumbles, cap point. Bastion respawns, double shield, pinpoint accuracy.

Aimbots are there, just not being used unless needed. How many times is Widow popping off, but has horrible movement when you dive her? I’m sure they’re on my team too, but you don’t notice as much when they’re with you.

3 Likes

Let me work it

(characters)

2 Likes

I’ve seen a couple of aimbots in my time, but what I find more common are Cooldown reset hacks.

It’s so blatantly obvious when those gengoo’s double charge without hitting something let alone killing something or using ult.

I had a great video of one a while back, of course I reported him, and as always they cannot discuss the issue.

I showed that video to some of my GM friends and they were like… Double-UTF?!

I’m not sure if you trying to be funny or if you don’t know how Genjis mechanics work. Dash resets when you get elimination, elimination you get when an enemy you’ve made damage on dies meaning that you can ghost dash people without ever being in the kill feed since teammates often get the final blow (which is what shows in the kill feed).

2 Likes