The Acti-Blizz investigation has reached the next level

Not to mention that there was a very short amount of time between the Blizzard, Riot and Ubisoft allegations. The latter two we barely hear of since.

1 Like

Most people here might be too young to get the reference :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The reality is, this sort of thing is common in almost every male-dominated industry. Often it’s why those industries remain male-dominated. What woman would want to work with a bunch of gross mysoginists who may/may not assault you and think r*pe is a funny joke?

The real differentiator between companies is how they handle offenders. Often, they’re fired and reported. That was not the case at Blizzard - rather, they seemed to embrace the culture.

3 Likes

I guess you don’t believe in intellectual property. I mean it is their methodology being taken by the company, programmed into the instrument then sold as a feature for hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars. Why shouldn’t they be paid?

1 Like

The SEC literally could not do more than slap Elon Musk on the wrist after he broke their rules and mocked them openly. All they really have the power to do here is throw a fine at Blizzard which will be an inconsequential amount but make good headlines for them and then both sides will move on.

Now if this thread wants to encourage the SEC to actually have some teeth and some power in these situations then I am all for it.

1 Like

Im be fresh as hell when them feds watchin’

1 Like

This mentality is why other countries laughs at usa

2 Likes

this is where the fun begins

1 Like

Don’t worry, they’ll change more character names or change people’s pictures to fruit baskets later to make things better.

Symbolic changes is always the best way to solve problems.

/s

1 Like

It won’t be, OW will still be alive.

1 Like

Imagine saying that one of the largest gaming companies in the world is not known for success. lol

Then that’s on them. If they want to give away their work for free, or “poverty wages,” I’m not going to feel sorry for them.

Imagine believing it isn’t. lol. Yes, you are worth way more, don’t worry little buddy!

2 Likes

Nowhere did I mention ‘symbolic’ change. However, a game made by a bunch of abusive mysoginists will look very different to a game made by a diverse team where people are treated equally.

Strange how much the male-dominated ‘gamer’ community claims to hate the culture of abuse at Blizzard but loves it’s by-products, huh? I wonder if there’s a reason for that. :thinking:

1 Like

News from a few hours ago (I’ve slept)

The exec producer of OW2 has left Blizzard

I know I am - I don’t work in the USA :wink:

2 Likes

I thought you meant Aaron for a second. That would be bad news indeed.

The guy leaving is Chacko Sonny. I’d never even heard of him before today.

1 Like

He was the wingman of both Jeff and Aaron so it too is bad news just with less impact.

He is a really important person. He’s managing the production team and is responsible for the entire legal stuff for the Overwatch franchise. What I saw on Twitter is that the Production Director left in July too and that the team is still working hard on OW2.

2 Likes

Changing names and other aesthetic things while simultaneously doing bad things in the background is just a symbolic change. Keep defending those changes which just meant to make blizzard looks better in the surface only, and that’s what you’ll get. A surface change.

1 Like

Overwatch team did not do the bad things in the background, 99% was WoW team and other 1% was Diablo team

I swear I’m typing this 100x a day because people force Overwatch to inherit all of WoW team’s abuse scandal

4 Likes

Yeah it’s kinda annoys me that some persons and journalists are saying that the people who left the Overwatch Team have something to do with the blizzard scandal which isn’t true. This is confirmed by many OW developers on social media…

3 Likes