The Acti-Blizz investigation has reached the next level

The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission opened an investigation into Activision Blizzard over the company’s handling of sexual misconduct and workplace discrimination allegations.

This looks worse every day

64 Likes

I really hope this doenst mean the end to OW and OW2

17 Likes

Wouldn’t that be a real tragedy…

47 Likes

As it has grown from a state investigation to a national one, i think that in long term it will have a big impact on Activision as a whole.

Not to mention that the Vanguard beta is a flop. They can’t even make up for it with non-Blizz games.

17 Likes

Isn’t SEC mainly for security fraud? What in the world is the scope of this scandal?

5 Likes

No gold plated hovercraft for Bobby this year, he got the Feds on him now.

28 Likes

Basically they cover a wide variety of business practice checks including human resource management. Also don’t be surprised that if it reaches this level, the U.S. Department of Labor may become involved.

40 Likes

Basically the biggest focus could be the document shredding which includes everything that happened so far.

3 Likes

I would agree, though I would not be surprise if there was more dirt that has not been made to the public. I won’t even begin to speculate.

That being said, please keep the discussion civil everyone. I myself don’t object to these topics of discussion personally, but make sure that you treat each other with respect as you debate the facts.

45 Likes

Before someone asks, the articles title was too long for a forum title. I hate the 60 char rule

3 Likes

LMFAO WHAT DlD I EXPECT

2 Likes

i told u guys there was more than one lawsuit in the works lmao.
there are like 1-2 more in the pipeline for all the fake sham rigging they’ve put into their ladder, plus misrepresenting things as an esport when path2pro doesn’t really exist (or is rigged). their GaaS is basically fake.

10 Likes

The SEC won’t let me be or let me be me, so let me see.
They tried to shut me down on MTV but it feels so empty without me!

17 Likes

Honestly at this point I would not mind, because this process been painful.

Then again coming from Ex Sym Support main.

2 Likes

To be fair thats like merged with Contenders

2 Likes

It is. The fraud here is that actiblizz did not properly disclose the issue to it’s full extent to shareholders, which means they deliberately hid the risks of investing in them, and that is considered unlawfully deceptive.

24 Likes

So the company is dirty, and players want to support such toxic behavior reflected in workforce exploitation, harassment, with document shredding behind it, by actually buying their products (like Overwatch 2). What does that make us?

No! I do have a conscience, I will not buy Overwatch 2! This will be a proper feedback.

6 Likes

I want ActiBlizz to sell OW to someone who will do a better job with it.
No supports or tanks for over two years?! TIP OF THE ICEBERG

8 Likes

I do hope its the end of the OWL though, thing single handily is ruining OW.

15 Likes

Ideally what true justice would be is to get everyone that supported this fired and forced to leave this company, but there is a lot of good at Blizzard, not buying their product ruins the lives of everyone good or bad at Blizzard. We need to support those raising their voices at Blizzard and get rid of the bad apples exclusively, not ruin the lives of everyone indiscriminately.

7 Likes