The Acti-Blizz investigation has reached the next level

This is not a country. This is just a company. There is nothing noble in what management does either. Let’s not forget management gets big salaries, while designers and developers get lower salaries - it’s how business works. With great salary comes great responsibility. They need to pay for their decisions, but don’t forget: designers already got their monthly salaries, and they are protected by country (which you mentioned) to get their salary until they part.

After this scandal, and the line in resume that they worked for Blizz, designers will easily find jobs elsewhere. But if bad management is thrown away, that upper staff won’t easily find jobs, and it’s how it should be, because they are at fault for bad decisions.

2 Likes

Hmmm i dont think so. But i can imagine lot of people getting fired and taking lot of time to hire new ones and organizing everything again

How are you still always first

1 Like

Might as well look into everything

1 Like

This isn’t a revelation, there are always multiple suits in cases like this.

Exactly.

5 Likes

oh believe me it should be to some people.
i was called out for saying other lawsuits in the works just last week on the competitive forums. they begged for links and i said wait 1 week lul so here we are. more lawsuits inc also.

5 Likes

I vote Bungie

1 Like

As someone who actually needs these games to cope with some of the daily things I go through in life, this just becomes worse and worse each day. I truly hope we won’t be losing these games forever just because of a few bad apples that will surely be forced out if they haven’t already been.

4 Likes

i wish they did this too EVERY COMPANY in america. im sure EVERY ONE of them has some kind of dirt under the rug :wink:

2 Likes

But Bungie is already making their own hero shooter: “Project: Matter”. Or at least, that’s the assumption.

1 Like

Why not have two? Activision has like 2891371028973 First Person Action-shooters (call of duty)

1 Like

nah, it would slow down release if anything but in reality even if blizz were to cease existing, the IP would be sold to another company, considering how the OW team works I wouldn’t be surprised if they attempt to make a smaller studio of their own with no affiliation to blizz whatsoever

2 Likes

True, but most companies don’t tend to double-dip in game genres. ActiBlizz has the following:

• CoD: tactical FPS
  • Warzone: FPS Battle Royale
  • Overwatch: Hero Shooter
  • WoW: MMORPG
  • Starcraft: Real-time strategy
  • Heroes of the Storm: MOBA
  • Diablo: RPG-Dungeon Crawler
  • “Iris”: TBD

Notice how none of them double-dip or compete with one another. It would just be bad for business to be competing with yourself.

3 Likes

Side note: I just looked up “Matter”
Judging by the title art alone im quite interested now, so thanks for that. Hopefully its not in dev hell or something, I couldn’t find much recent information about it.

2 Likes

All I know is that an announcement is/was planned for 2025.

Some Links

1 Like

Oh, nevermind. That aint coming out til cars can fly.

2 Likes

It is only trademarked (like ActiBlizz’s “Iris”). When a game is trademarked, that usually mean they’ve started development rather recently.

In closer times–for hero shooters–we only have that Gundam game and XDefiant to look forward to next year.

3 Likes

The SEC is requesting documents from Activision board meetings from 2019, personnel files for former employees as well as separation agreements the company made this year.

The SEC also requested communication logs between Kotick and other Activision senior executives, particularly in regards to anything about sexual harassment or discrimination complaints.

I’m guessing they will investigating if illegal activity was concealed with intent to profit? The SEC will only be looking for this type of evidence.

2 Likes

Sadly if OWL dies then Blizzard won’t want to continue with OW. Look at StarCraft as an example.

2 Likes

That’s literally the trap. It’s another way to convince you they’re changing their ways rather than just sweeping it under the rug. One thing has ZERO to do with another.

There’s this belief that people (particularly gamers) can’t tell the difference between real people and virtual characters. This may be true in the tiniest, most extreme cases (certainly less than .5% of the gaming population), which is a matter of mental health issues.

It’s such a backwards way of viewing the gaming community, THIS is what should be changing, NOT what is displayed in games.

4 Likes