Thank. Your. Healers

Now, I don’t want to make a debate out of this. I’m just stating the fact that maining Supports is akin to playing a survival horror game while babysitting a bunch of kids who don’t know what manners are.

We heal you. We taxi you. We rez you. We discord the enemy team. We cut off the enemy team’s healing and sleep them. We shield you. We do everything we can to keep you alive, even when we need healing more than you because we’re getting chased down or focused and you’re not peeling back to help us.

All of that, and not one bit of appreciation for the things we do to keep you alive. There is no excuse for not thanking your healers.

“Supports are easy to play!” Get 5 hours played with each Support hero, then tell me it’s easy.
“I was too focused on the fight!” If you can say “I need healing!” in the middle of a fight, you can say “Thanks!” in the middle of it too.
“I didn’t notice I was getting healed.” Unless you add a form of “Thank you.” after that sentence, you’re still not showing appreciation.

Just a bit of respect. That’s all we ask for; it’s not hard to open the comm wheel and move the mouse cursor to 10/11.

120 Likes

I often do it :stuck_out_tongue: 20c

3 Likes

You did your Job, should you thank us DPS for killing the enemy team?
(I do thank them if they did an extra good job/pocket me <3)

50 Likes

As an Ana-Main, I feel like all classes deserve equal amount of praise and that just because I played Support, that does not really entitle me to automatically be thanked and what not by my peers.

At the end of the say, my personal satisfaction with my job is all that matters. If I had a good game and got the ‘W’, that’s all the thanks that I need.

I’m not saying that you’re saying that the other classes aren’t deserving of praise, but I do feel like these sorts of threads give off this sort of message or feel and while you may actually thank the other classes, I know for a fact that most people don’t.

If we can say thank you to healers then we need to be able to say it to our Tanks & DPS.

No one class in Overwatch is more important than the other; the team is as good as the sum of its parts.

46 Likes

So we should jerk you off for doing what the hero you picked is supposed to do?
I kinda expect to get healed from you when you play healer the same way healers expect the dps to get kills and the tanks to create space.
You can get a vote after the match when you did good, or a thanks when you really saved my *** but constantly spamming thanks just for getting healed?

67 Likes

I do thank the DPS for killing the enemy team. Especially if a Tracer/Genji flanked around and the dps saved me from getting filled with pulse rounds/shurikens.

6 Likes

A “Thanks!” would be appreciated but an endorsement for all the agony I go through to stay alive and keep everyone else alive would be phenomenal.

8 Likes

As a female Mercy main, is really frustrasting to get all that sh*t sometimes, because I do my job, every healer do his one.
The annoying fact is the “healing spam” or being bashed for dying or not healing a teammate.
I’m not omnipresent and I can’t heal everyone at the same time… I just want people to understand that we trying to do our best, and if you fail, most of the time is your fault: bad positioning, push hardly… be gratefull to your healers, like we are for our tanks and dps :heart:

14 Likes

I always say “Thank you” after some heals, a rez or a speed boost from the spawn, but honestly, a thread like this would not make me start doing it if I didn’t already.

Seems kinda pretentious.

23 Likes

When I play healer, I do thank DPS and Tanks for protecting me or peeking out so I can Guardian Angel glide to safety. I don’t mind spam from team mates, I just give them an “Acknowledged” or tell them I’m on my way and I haven’t had any toxicity from doing this.

3 Likes

I thank the DPS for killing the enemies,so we can make actuall progress.
I thank the Tanks for blocking the damage and doing some killings aswell.
I thank the healers for keeping me alive as a tank.

But then again those are your jobs,and why should I thank you for doing your job,unless you’re doing a really great job.

4 Likes

I play main tank. My 3 endorsements usually go to my 2 healers and the off tank. Sorry dps but I love them more; I already feed you POTG because of my Earthshatter or Grav.

20 Likes

Ehh, as support main, I tried to play dps. And, tbh, the more I play on dps, then more i losing the trust of supports and tanks. It’s like “you heal me, oh ty very much” or “oh I died, eh next I need to be more careful”. When you plays as dps it feels like you play against two team, be close to get help from your team, and be same close to kill others… Stopping to wait something special, maybe nano, I have more trust in second dps/tank(off dps)… Maybe I am wrong))

3 Likes

Why do healers deserve thanks more than the other roles. Coming from an exclusively support player, I don’t thirst for attention in the form of praise. I play support to heal, and healing is my job. I’ve made the decision to heal no matter what and how thankful my team is doesn’t influence my experience.

It is nice to get some recognition however. Many games I’ve felt I do an amazing job healing but everyone’s going crazy over the dps on our team. It’s nice to get thanks when you deserve it and have done something amazing, but expecting your team to fall to their knees and praise you as a god every game is just attention seeking.

6 Likes

Picking up Mercy from the spawn after she got killed is honestly one of the best things in this game for me. It always brings a smile on my face :smiley:

13 Likes

Main healer here.
Usually I do feel appreciated. So it’s not really a problem.

I think using “Thanks”, “Group Up with me” and “Understood” ends up doing good to the game behavior. I’ve been in teams where most people use “I need healing”, I change location to heal them and they say “Thank you”. I say “Understood” and we end up spamming voice lines and crouching non-stop when fights aren’t happening.

That is more than enough.
Also, healers, never forget to say “Thank you” when a Tank / DPS save your yellow butt :stuck_out_tongue:

Please just don’t spam “I need healing” more than 1-2x. As soon as you use that, I’ll be there asap. If I’m not moving yet, I’m keeping someone alive. Just “hide” or play defensively for 5 seconds. That’s what really triggers me.

As long as my team does their job and I feel like I have space to play “freely”, it’s entirely my DPS and Tank mates job. So we all play a very important role. I won’t mind healing 4 DPS as long they know what they’re doing and they do their best to keep me alive / safe. We’re all important!

6 Likes

When I’m playing support, I thank the DPS/tanks when they do something outstanding; a really great ult, or a multi-kill. Because they’re doing their jobs well.

When I’m not playing support, I thank the healers when they do something outstanding; a really great ult, or a clutch save that stops me from dying. Because they’re doing their jobs well.

That’s how it should be.

4 Likes

If you play support only to get extra attention from your team you should think about swichting your mainrole tbh

I dont expect anyone to say “Thanks” when im holding down LMB on them

Also at least in my games:
When I do a multikill as Lucio the VC often goes riot “lucio poggers”
When I save someone as Brig usually admit that and say “Thanks Brig”
When I sleep someone who just used his ult as Ana they usually say “Great sleep”
…as for Mercy, she cant do “great plays” but even when playing her I hear “thanks” from time to time when I rezz someone
…and I never did an actual great play as Zen

5 Likes

People just have double standards.For a while everyone wanted supports to be able to overpower every DPS in the game.If it was by them,Nobody in the game would die,no progress would be made,no one would win or loose.Everyone gets a participation medal.And why does nobody thank the DPS for actually making progress posibble.Because it’s their job.

3 Likes

No? You don’t deserve to be praised and revered simply because you did your job.

It’s interesting how it’s always Support mains asking to be loved as deities by their teammates. You don’t see a DPS main opening threads like this one.

16 Likes