THANK YOU for Talking About Matchmaker's MMR and Forced 50%

I never said that and neither did Mercer, so don’t use quotations marks. You are not even paraphrasing correctly.

4 Likes

No. The developer statement doesn’t contradict his claim. In fact, I don’t think what you’ve quoted is even relevant to his statement.

It appears that @Cuthbert is saying that MMR and handicapping work in conjunction to create “mentorship matchmaking” (where better players are paired with worse ones to bolster the experience of worse/newer players at the cost of better ones) and to influence opponent-selection, both of which burden high-performing players with profit-friendly practices at the cost of fairness and compensation for high performance and a baseline increase in skill.

5 Likes

What is this supposed to mean if not that MMR is the cause for people being hardstuck?

On the other hand Mercer is saying this:

4 Likes

laughs in unranked to GM

4 Likes

That is it, except that nobody knows who is mentoring whom, because MMR is hidden along with all other performance stats.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s clear to those lugging around the dead weight. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think it is clear when a person knows about MMR and algorithmic handicapping. Otherwise they would have no idea.

2 Likes

More like The Three Wise Men spreading truth to the masses

True im stuck at GM and like man I cant hit rank 1 so it much be the forced 50% please fix this!

7 Likes

You know what they all have in common? They are all middle aged people who like to pretend they are better than they are because “I was good at doom in the 90s” and for some reason have deluded themselves and created a conspiracy theory to cope with the fact that they are not good at the game. It’s really sad to watch these grown men be frustrated at a video game because they can’t keep up with zoomers.

Cuth unironicall said

when he was a silver border 1.8k player back when he played before role q. If he placed nowadays he’d probably be bronze

Rigged/Receipts is a sub 500 sr player with a top 500 ego
and Hulk unironically believes “the human eye can’t see past 90 frames per second”

These 3 are your “wise men”? I guess anything is possible, some people even drink horse medication because a random bald dude said it was good on a podcast.
You should find better role models.

8 Likes

Information > Fake News

1 Like

Im sorry, i dont understand what this topic is about. Can someone explain it to me cause im confused.

4 Likes

Some people think the game is rigged and prevents them from climbing

Some people believe that skill is what differentiates the tiers and that player skill is inconsistent.

5 Likes

aah okay, thank you for explaining :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What is mostly done by t500 players, not GMs. These players are the absolute top ultra elite of the playerbase, not some random GMs. There is stil a huge skillgap between 4000 and 4300 SR. These players consider regular GMs as low skilled.

That these players are mixed with masters and GMs these days is because there are no players left to fill games up. The playerbase is very thin as these levels.

I know players from high masters and low grandmaster, believe it or not: These players are NOT good enough to decide matches on their own, even in high plat. They perform very well, but its not as decisive as you think. Their MMR is high, so they get mirrored by other strong players…

2 Likes

Personally i feel the gap between 43 and 46 is way more noticable than 40 and 43

2 Likes

I keep trying to figure out how Ethernyet never winning a game squares with a forced 50% win rate. :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m pretty good at doom now actually…

:smirk_cat:

1 Like

Really, if someone posts an opinion or idea, and then we can just marginalize it and do away with it by tagging it as “spam”? Please.

If we go down that path I will flag every “Mercy Rez” post and “buff Genji” post into oblivion as “spam”.

4 Likes

It’s too bad that we will never actually see a competitive game (much less Overwatch) without MMR.

5 Likes