Thank you for ignoring 95% of sombra players

Today is the end of the Sombra! The end of a hero that acquiesces to viability! At this very moment in Competitive Matches far from here, Sombra Mains love her worth while secretly supporting the treachery of her loathsome kit! This Nerf Machine which you have built, upon which we stand, will bring an end to Sombra Mains, to their cherished viability. All remaining DPS Mains will bow to Hanzo Mains and will remember this AS THE LAST DAY OF SOMBRA!

1 Like

Its getting to me too. The thing is that you will rarely need to be invisible for that long because you can’t do anything while invisible. The speed is needed and its very clear why.

2 Likes

i like how so many of these kinds of posts just throw in fake stats like it’s nothing lol

Just out of curiosity, has the OW team ever reverted a change due to “everyone” hating it?

If they just keep throwing changes at her eventually something will stick…

But yeah, the whole Sombra situation is just sad. It’s supposedly a ‘buff’ yet nobody, not even the Sombras themselves, seems to want it. Patch after patch they get Sombra “wrong”. How many more times must they fail with her before they get serious?

1 Like

Unfortunately, I’m not going to let that happen…

No. Blizzard have never fully reverted. That would mean admitting they were wrong.

Pickrate might not change but that winrate sure will.
Can’t wait for the first days of data

1 Like

Honestly, the changes aren’t as bad as we first thought, but dropping the skill ceiling for the sake of lowering the skill floor is just bad design.

But the only reason that’s sort of true is because it’s barley a change at all. Kinda disappointing for something that’s supposedly a “buff”.

She’s F-tire today and are any of these changes going to help her get out of there? I’m feeling they won’t. She will be slightly easier to play for new Sombra players but how is she any stronger?

Yeah, that’s exactly why I’m kinda apathetic towards the changes.
I mean, at least they didn’t make her objectively worse like last time…

I think you missed the point of the changes. If players found her playstyle fun/interesting then her pick rate would’ve been higher in general since her release.

Hanzo and Widow have had some of the highest pickrates for what feels like forever, dispite the resentment and Hanzo being considered a ‘troll pick’ for almost as long… because players find them fun to play. The goal is she becomes more appealing to more players.

but here is the thing it might lower her skill floor on paper but in reality what is going to happen is sombras out there with bad game sense are going to sit there in stealth looking for that perfect window and meanwhile they lose a teammates or 2 during that time period…

TRUST ME most players in sub 2k games have ZERO ability to survive. I just had a game I got out of where I would distract 2 players leaving a 5v4 for my team and they were STILL getting crushed on team fights.

Pickrate is almost directly proportional to impact + skill floor.
Even in his worst state, Hanzo could achieve ohks and you could still find impact with him without much investment in the character. Sombra requires players to have a basic understanding of opposition positioning game sense and an attunement to her cooldowns. Most of this is easily achieved after playing her for some time but where she falls short compared to someone like Hanzo is impact.

Even in the best scenarios for Sombra, she can get one maybe two kills before needing to reset where Hanzo can potentially team wipe.

1 Like

This is all anyone needs to see to understand the state of Sombra. It’s so sad that “Well, at lease she isn’t getting horribly nerfed” is seen as a victory.

3 Likes

There’s not even a skill ceiling drop, trying to actively using these changes means you have way more downtime.
All this does is create a trap for new sombra players, using these changes a tad too much is borderline a troll pick, these just don’t make any sense no matter from what approach you look at it.

Hanzo, widow and genji are played for several things but overall, it’s one main thing.
They’re extremely powerful when executed correctly
This is why they’re played constantly even in low ranks where their winrates are atrocious, because when you do practice and pop off with them you single handledly destroy the enemy team and carry to victory.
Meanwhile, a sombra needs tons of practice just to reliably get behind lines, maybe get a hack and… ok now I wait for my team to maybe make use of this window.

It doesn’t matters how accessible a hero is if it hits like a wet noodle and has the impact of a worm in a river, it doesn’t FEELS powerful, even in godlike sombra scenarios like a preemptive hack on zarya, 6 man emp into graviton team wipe it feels like sombra is just an addendum, a hanzo could’ve done that just as well without having almost no impact for the the match.
If they want players to actually play her then focus on her self reliance, people are gonna play some matches on her, realize she’s still the same trash can and go back to their genji/widow/mcree/hanzo/junk/etc.

And every Sombra is resisting because that would radically change the playstyle she’s known for, and not for the better.

If a character is altered so much that all the people that originally played her left, but her pick rate went up by 1%. Would you call that a success?

It doesn’t help that hack does no damage so you get no kill credit for team wipes. Ana and Mercy have a higher chance for getting potg than Sombra does. There’s no real visible feedback on whether or not you did well as her.

I don’t understand how the forums, which is less than 5% players ish, accounts for 95% of players.

I think the potg system is severely bugged with her anyways (another sombra bug what a surprise).

Just in the past month I’ve gotten insane plays, the one that I remember the most was a game in Oasis, getting a 5 man emp after enemy lucio ulted, killing a zen, a junk and a mercy solo during this emp and then emptying an entire magazine and killing a roadhog.
The potg for that game was our teams lucio running around that exact same time frame hitting one headshot on the roadhog

Its not just the forums though. Among all the Sombra players that I talk to, this change has done nothing for her, not a single one of them agrees with the direction Blizzard is taking her. Sure, this is anecdotal evidence but I’m certain this is the case for most Sombra players.

2 Likes