šŸ’– Thank you for changing the like limit!

I dont give out likes alot but I have hit the like goal more than people who give out alot likes more than me XDDDD
its 25 if I am not wrong.

5 Likes

Have a like and a nice day.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve reached it many times, and yes. Itā€™s frustrating lol.

7 Likes

Citation needed. Hint: a like limit is not enough evidence.

Every like creates a new database entry in something like a user_liked_post table, probably along with a date. While Blizzard would certainly have the capacity to remove that limit and up the maximum database limits appropriately, there is a valid technical reason to have such a limit. Itā€™s not just a counter.

It might also be some anti bot measurement - to stop automated non-stop like spamming. Since itā€™s not just a counter this could actually create a quite noticable load on the server.

Further ā€¦ this does not appear to be in-house forum software. It might be a built-in feature that came in the box.

You may now put your tinfoil hat back on again.

ALSO ā€¦ this is a pretty cheesy like farm, OP.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s a limit to an amount of likesā€¦? I didnā€™t know that.

4 Likes

That had just cost me one of my daily likes :grin:

4 Likes

Why is there a limit in the first place?

5 Likes

I can hear blizzard saying. We want your likes to feel meaningful.
Well thatā€™s what they said about do called talent tree choices in wow lol

2 Likes

Have a higher standard for what constitutes a good post worthy of upvoting, then you wonā€™t run out of likes.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve hit the limit so many times, I always get frustrated about it. I guess I just agree with a lot of opinionsā€¦

5 Likes

Hi all! :wave:
To give some background: there have been issues in the past with spamming likes, and so a limit was set. We agree with your feedback that it was too restrictive though, and so we doubled the limit today. Keep spreading the love! :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

127 Likes

So many new developers chiming in. I love it.

Keep talking to us please, we crave the attention!

23 Likes

Really appreciate it, thanks!

10 Likes

I may have been guilty of spamming likes on some days. o.o

I sometimes am in a great mood, and I like to share it.

12 Likes

YOU GET A HEART, YOU GET A HEART!

YOU ALL GET A HEART!!!

:heart: :heart_decoration: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes_cat: :heartbeat: :heartpulse: :hearts: :black_heart: :blue_heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :purple_heart: :orange_heart: :kissing_heart: :green_heart: :gift_heart: :yellow_heart: :white_heart: :two_hearts: :sparkling_heart:

22 Likes

This is amazing. Speaking of forum suggestions could you guys make a post about the false flag increase that has been happening lately?

7 Likes

TIME TO CARE LIKE NEVER BEFORE!

20 Likes

Iā€™ve seen several threads about this, but I havenā€™t noticed it myself.

Is it really a big problem? And if genuine and quality posts are getting false flags, wouldnā€™t it stand to reason the genuine and quality posters start using the increased like limit to counter the false flags.

2 Likes

https://thedogtrainingsecret.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/attention.jpg

9 Likes

Welcome to the forums NightKnight!
Woo, a Forum Dev! :+1:

7 Likes