šŸ’– Thank you for changing the like limit!

What I have seen is that a lot of users are making threads not relevant to Overwatch which includes making posts about threads getting flagged. As always please make sure your content is in line with the Blizzard Forum Code of Conduct and the Overwatch Forums Posting Guidelines.

4 Likes

I am not a pet person, but I gave you a heart anyways!

4 Likes

Great idea. Unhide and like them so that the mods know we the community think itā€™s a false flag. And yeah itā€™s been happening a ton the past week and to really innocent posts.

4 Likes

Iā€™m on a binge heartfest! I wonder if Iā€™ll hit my limit soon!

I should start slowing down, just in case I need to save a heart for a false flag.

3 Likes

I wrote and currently maintain the updated trust level checker, any chance this functionality could be added directly into the forum profile settings? If not, can I get pinged if the json format changes?

On that note, some people apparently got downgraded from TL3 to TL2 during one of the updates, was that intentional?

IIRC there has been a post waaay back. Iā€™d still want downvotes back though, itā€™s not like highly downvoted posts get pushed down like they do on reddit.

Good to hear that youā€™ve raised it :+1:

Makes me curious if thereā€™s a like limit a post can reach or will it just keep going :thinking:

2 Likes

Makes me even more curious which post (not thread) has received the most likes.

2 Likes

There was indeed a post way back but a reminder couldnā€™t hurt! And would you mind linking me that new trust checker?

They get hidden and often trolled.

1 Like

We could turn the hiding off, and people troll regardless. My concern has always been that the lack of downvotes leads to either flag abuse or people inadvertently bumping threads while responding angrily, and imo neither is worth it.

1 Like

I lost my ability to post links.

I had it, but now itā€™s gone.

Donā€™t it always seem to go
That you donā€™t know what youā€™ve got
'Till itā€™s gone

2 Likes

Wait till the OP reads this XD

1 Like

Look, the integer limit for an 8-bit system is 256, so thatā€™s why likes canā€™t surpass that :slight_smile:

1 Like

7 Likes

I donā€™t know why negative feedback and bumping is a problem, even unpopular ideas deserve to be discussed properly. The dislike system had an intensely negative impact on speech.

It censored it and discouraged real discussion.

2 Likes

Dude, Iā€™m trying to save my hearts. Whyā€™d you have to go and post a Simpsons gif?

3 Likes

Starting today, Iā€™m not! :laughing:

2 Likes

I think today Iā€™ll test the new limit, but I wonā€™t be giving them out nillywilly.

Letā€™s see what is out there that deserves some love.

2 Likes

In the old system, people without anything meaningful to add could downvote and move on. I donā€™t think the new system makes people come up with better responses, and instead encourages low quality flame wars.

I forgot if you could turn hiding off or if I just consistently unhid each thing manually, but I didnā€™t really find it to be a problem. Still, turning off automatic hiding wouldnā€™t be a problem.

2 Likes

Thats a good plan.
Iā€™m just gonna keep giving them out as much as I think makes sense.
Which is apparently a lot btw.

Iā€™m gonna miss hitting the limit in a way, reminds me how awesome the community can be sometimes.

But this is still better.

2 Likes

I am now a very happy camper. O_O

4 Likes