"Tankbusters" are overkill in 2/2/2

As long as you do not get hit twice in a row, you Gucci.

The real problem is that tank busters also bust EVERYONE ELSE.

Reaper’s self heal for - what? - dealing damage must be one of the most hilarious designs in this game.

12 Likes

I think only Reaper has this issue tbh

I think his weapon should be reworked

3 Likes

We all know Junk is the new alpha tank buster.

9 Likes

A regular squishy squasher

Tank busters are great. In fact lower the HP on barrier tanks.

Then crank up the firepower and barrier on barrier tanks.

✅ Fixing BarrierTanks and OffTanks

“Sturdy but Boring”, is still boring.

Wut?

Brig has boops and stuns, Ana has sleep, Zen has substantial firepower, Lucio has speed and boops.

Dedicated tankbusters being useless at other things is a problem but this is like, support 101, do you even support bro?

3 Likes

Tankbusters are one of the reason why we have so few tank players. Yes, it is possible but is far not fun.

14 Likes

Tanks and Supports are by far the strongest roles in 2/2/2. Tank Busters only seem powerful because they are naturally the one thing that has a chance of killing you. Whenever I play Orisa/Rein I feel like this dominant force in the game. If I get stopped, it’s normally because I’m playing incorrectly or being stupid. So honestly I think DPS are quite literally the weakest role in Overwatch. Tank Busters are kinda just whatever as a tank or support player.

2 Likes

Dont forget brokencree

I haven’t found Reaper to be a big issue as most tanks. Almost all tanks have an answer to Reaper, and healers can easily out heal the damage Reaper does to armour.

4 Likes

Tankbusters are a stupidly redundant concept for a game where both teams are required to have two tanks.

15 Likes

I don’t agree with this. Reaper and Mei have both been nerf’d pretty hard. And I cant think of any other “Tank Busters”.

2 Likes

But…Reaper and Mei are far from being problems right now.

Ever since his life-steal nerf, Reaper has gone back to being the mediocre hero pick he was before he got his initial life-steal buff.

His damage is useless unless he’s up front and center, and quite frankly if you’re letting him get that close you deserve to be killed.

10 Likes

All of which (except for Zen’s firepower) are on cooldowns, while tankbusters only need their primary fire.

And yes, you can save your boops, stuns and sleeps to deal exlusively with the tankbuster.

But reserving that for one enemy hamstrings your ability to provide counterplay to anyone else on the enemy team. Did the enemy Mcree use high noon? Sleep him, of course. But then it’s open season for the tankbuster… and god forbid if they have more than one tankbuster.

Plus, pretty much anything a healer can offer these days only buys you a mere second of breathing room… which may not be enough when dealing with the raw power of tankbusters.

The reaper wakes up and kills your tank anyways.

The Hanzo lands after being booped and kills your tank anyways.

The Widow waits out the immortality field (or destroys it) and kills your tank anyways.

1 Like

A few seconds can make all the difference and any more would be unbalanced. There’s plenty of time for your team to stack more peels, return fire, or to do something with the time you’ve bought.

You’re not supposed to keep your team forever.

2 Likes

I find reaper more of a problem when I’m playing DPS rather than tank because I guess that’s the character OP is referring to? Supports are quick to heal tanks not so much a DPS especially when you couple with tanks who just ignore him gliding past into the face of your hitscan or whatever. Road hog may feed reaper more than others but he can 1HK to counter that.

Mei is slightly more trouble for tanks but with her nerfs not a major issue unless unchecked or she’s unsupported. Plus big damage hit for enemy team.

4 Likes

I still wonder how tank players, who are playing inherently overpowered class (which has the same damage as the DPS but much more health) have the audacity to complain about anything even remotely dangerous to them.

Do you even understand that a good Zarya or Roadhog can kill Reaper almost as often, if not MORE often, that he kills them?

Tanks have always been OP yet their mains complain about them being UP, amazing.

4 Likes

Reaper isn’t even good at tank busting anymore.
Especially with the armor buff and reaper nerf, Armor destroys him now.

He’s the worst hero in GM right now, you want more nerfs?

5 Likes

Exactly! Fights are supposed to end with people dying one way or another, Yet so many people (particularly on the forums) act like dying is such a “bad thing”.

No wonder we got GOATs meta where basically nothing died until the team got an ultimate, because of people like the OP

6 Likes