Tank...... the entire match is just based on Tank

I mean, putting the other team in a position where they really gotta consider hard if swapping is worth it or not.

Is about perfect, for where the devs want things to be.

Right in the middle of, “Always Swapping” and “Never Swapping”.

some players were just better than that

people seen fair share of Echo,

it was the problem of hero who had one of the least appealing abilities and damage types,

flyer, with sticky bombs, beams and projectile,

of course it looks like a total flop compared to Sojourn, because Sojourn is the exact opposite:

“wowza almost hitscan pirmary with hitscan secondary pew pew, wow such aim, very skill”

wouldn’t call that perfect

What would be better than right in the middle of “Always swapping” and “Never swapping”?

I would say its more so about which supports invest in their tanks the least (esp with the immortalities and sustains from kiriko and bap)

1 Like

never swapping because of the immediate reward of easier/simpler counterplay to whatever I’m counterswapping against?

I mean said scenario exists now, but in most cases it’s a gamble not to swap even with ult. In most cases your kind of incentivizing players to make risk the ult play that is likely going to go bad. In favor of the swap which is a lot safer, but you lose out on ult economy.

This more or less why the bas line ult charge retention exists, so people actually did swap. Instead of feeling trapped in an cycle of attempting the same ult play into a bad match up. That they (mostly likely) don’t have the game sense or skill to get around.

I mean, the main issue to the cycle, isn’t that it’s a cycle, so much as they don’t want that cycle to include Orisa, Mauga or Hog. And would prefer it to be primarily featuring the most popular and fair heroes.

:roll_eyes:

Your bias is showing, as that is a personal preference. Like I on rien don’t have issues with orisa, as I know how to get into a fight via flanks and LOS breaks without bruning a lot of barrier. And in doing so I can save it for when she pops fortify and once that ends it’s a free charge.

Theirs ways to play around me doing that, but the whole interaction with the matchup knowledge. Is actually very fare on either end.

Be it people here don’t want to learn and get better, they want the balance team to hide away all the heroes they don’t want to interact with.

It’s always been about the tank role. Not sure why you’d expect it to be any different after 9 years.

Kinda.

But it’s more of a “community preference” thing.

Also I’m a Roadhog main.

More like a “echo chamber” preference thing. Led by the popular youtuber of the week charismatically shouting into their audience for views.

But that’s also the secret there.
Is that high ELO doesn’t actually matter, any more than any other player group.
What matters is high ELO influencers, and how they act as a “Marketing Resource”.

So it really is that simple.

You are not immune to propaganda.

You do know she is saying that sarcastically right. She means the opposite now.

There likely isnt that much skill difference (of course diffs do still happen) bur in the games you won your tank was actually supported.

Tanks are the most team dependant role now and if as a tank youre mot being supported its almost impossible for you to even plsy the game.

Youll have a Mercy/Moira on your team vs Ana/Bap your insanely limited on whst you can do.

People also seem to understand importance of a rolw does not equate to how strong a role is

What notion? That tank is the most influential role in the game right now and that it’s way easier to make up for a bad dps/support than a bad tank? This is basically a fact.

Seems like it should’ve been a DPS diff by looking at it… but I digress

Influence/importance does not equate to strength of a role.

9/10 a time complains about tank diff its likely that the tank was just as good as their opposite, they just didnt get sny support.

Do you even play tank?
Try tanking with having two dps support in your team with low heal output against a stacked enemy with double or even tripple the heals. Don’t forget you have one guy practicing widow because it’s just qp with 3k damage.
Then tell me it’s mostly Tank diff in that situation.