Takes too long to get to proper rank in comp

Problem is 70% of the player base thinks “play DPS and carry yourself” to the point teams flat out fall apart at the select screen because nobody wants to play Main Tank or main healer.

The game needs a massive fix to how unpopular main tanks and main healers are at the “average player base”

Yep definitely the case in gold everyone instalock dps and the team is usually lucky just to have one tank and one healer

1 Like

Holy smokes did you call me out haha

Rank is part skill and major part luck of the draw on who matchmaker teams you with and against.

So in a sense more dice roll than competition until you get to the ranks with smaller player pool for more skill consistent experience across the board

2 Likes

Yeah pretty much, I don’t see why that bothers you. You were not playing at a plat level consistently or you would have been out of gold in 50 game or so max.
It’s not a big deal.

I’m not even saying you’re a bad player, you are simply inconsistent. It’s not a big deal, it’s why some players make sure to keep a private profile.

you didn’t belong in plat if it took you 290 games to reach there

if you actually “belonged” there it would take you less than 20 games to reach platinum but you were truly a gold player and you simply got better over time

that’s called “peak rank”

everyone or most players have peaked somewhere higher than their current rank even grandmaster have much higher peaks than their current ranks, that’s just the nature of the game

your peak is 2700, doesn’t mean you belong there same way many masters peaked top 500 doesn’t mean they belong there

you eventually got better and your average sr became your “peak” rank

Actually it doesnt bother me, because its not true. Show me evidence or proof of your amazing theory that 50 games is the max it should take for a plat player to get out of gold

Provide something concrete rather than your theories and ideas (which we have already seen are extremely faulty and wrong). You have anything to back up what you say? You have anything to prove you’re right?

Show me data that says the average platinum player gets out of gold within 50 games (and also shows where they started in gold). I highly doubt you can provide anything meaningful, which means to me that you’re making this up, just like everything else that you’ve posted so far.

Simply created from your imagination, randomly generated ideas and numbers that you think will make you sound like an expert. You aint fooling me dude but your nonsense might work on other people you might have better luck trolling someone else

How exactly do you know you always “belonged” in plat? I was in gold once, but that sure as heck doesn’t mean i belong there

Ive explained that several times already including in my op. Did you not see any of those explanations or are you asking me that even after reading them? Because i believe i made my logic very clear

The only explanation I saw was that you used to be in Platnum for a few games when you first started. That doesn’t mean anything. Most people are placed higher than they should be when they first start.

First of all thats only part of the explanation, i guess you missed the rest.

And secondly “for a few games” is incorrect and something that you made up or falsely assumed. I did not say for a few games and if i did then show me where. (Dont bother it never happened you made it up)

I was plat for the entire season, i started in plat and ended in plat. If i were not a plat player then i would not have stayed in, and if i were not a plat player now i would not have gotten back in or i would have dropped out by now. Instead im over 2650

True, you never said “a few games”, but you never said anything to the contrary either. At no point prior to this post did you say that you’d stayed for an entire season.

Anyways, did you actually do anything that season? For all I know you did your placers and then quit.

I’m not denying that you are now a worthy Plat player. All I’m saying is there’s a good chance that you might not have been one back then.

No i did not do my placements and quit i played a good amount that season. Surely enough games to drop out of plat if i didnt belong. You can believe what you like i know i was a platinum player the whole time including when i placed into gold

So let me get this straight: you’re claiming that the placement system worked perfectly for one season, placing you exactly where you belonged, then all of the sudden stopped working and started placing you lower than you should have been? Why would the exact same system work just fine one season but then fail the next?

The system either works or it doesn’t. You can’t claim it was working when you place plat and then say it’s broken the second you get a lower rank. It either works or it doesn’t, and it doesn’t change back-and-forth.

I went from 2100 to 3000 one season
My first plat season was 2300 to 2900

My bronze friend placed plat on an untouched account
Being X rank doesn’t mean you play as X rank

This.

A lot of people say they belong in x rank, and usually we dismiss them while forgeting that it’s not just a matter of skill, but also lots tedious grinding.

It’s the reason why a lot of smurfs accounts end up higher.

1 Like

The rank system depends heavily on winning or losing, you need to actually carry and win in order to climb if you deserve a higher rank. People just underestimate the amount of time it takes to climb.

A platinum level player in gold is not good enough to carry by himself you still need a good team to win. And getting a good team is pure luck since i solo q 95% of the time (100% since i hit platinum)

I played the exact same way throughout my time in gold the factor that changed from game to game is whether or not matchmaking gave me decent teammates i could win with.

You don’t need to hard carry to climb, just play better than the other DPS players at the same rank and grind. Playing comp for 10h/season is not grinding.