Take out the 50 xp per endorsements

endorsements should be given to people who actually deserve them and not as a gimmick just get an extra 150 xp after a match…it kind of defeats the whole purpose behind it imo

40 Likes

Yeah I get random endorsements every match. It’s pretty stupid.

9 Likes

Then what reason would there be to use them? Altruism?

4 Likes

But it just a small amount of XP, it’s not really doing anything.

22 Likes

It adds up quickly…

4 Likes

I mean, it was stated there will be rewards for them at random intervals. But I agree that until that point, xp should stay as a current reminder to use the system.

What do u mean?

To give your fellow teammates a pat on the back for good teamwork perhaps? Why is it that people now a days always needs a goody-bag to do something nice, you don’t always need something in return. And endorsements is a good system that’s there to encourage better teamwork.

This community, honestly. Sometimes I think it’s beyond redemption.

14 Likes

Then whats the point of them? Since we still never got anything for leveling it anyways

1 Like

I give out random endorsements trying to help others get high endorsement rating to get free stuff eventually from a broken system

5 Likes

Why should I save my endorsements and only give them out to the really great people when I can spam 3 every game, even if people didn’t do anything to get them? 150xp per game is a lot for doing nothing except clicking on 3 different names…

4 Likes

To be honest, sometimes not being a jerk is enough of a reason to give out an endorsement.

I always try to make the endorsement match, though. So I might give shot caller to a sniper who got some amazing picks and enabled us to push onto a point, or good teammate to a healer who was always there to keep me topped off and helped me survive, or sportsmanship to a Doomfist who danced with me while I was Brigitte.

6 Likes

I think the recipient, not donor, of the endorsement should receive XP

10 Likes

but you need like 20k exp to just level and 50 per endorse you like 400 endorsements and then some just to level up its fine, give it a month and people will get bored of it much like they did with the vote for card feature

2 Likes

Why do you even care about endorsements?

They do literally nothing and just act as good boy points like you would get in kindergarten.

tfw the OW community is so bad it has to be treat like kindergarteners for them to behave.

Hilarious.

endorsements are as superficial and useless as facebook likes

it doesnt stop me from being toxic or from being a non team player

1 Like

this is why i suggested this : Who to endorse ? Show them POTG (suggestion) - #7 by sumstratTTV-2931

150 XP per match means you’d have to play 134 matches before you leveled up once, endorsing three people every match.

It’s not enough XP to work as an incentive the longer someone plays.

3 Likes

I agree or greatly reduce the amount. Make it like 10exp.

We already saw people openly admitting on the forums here to giving them to the most toxic people on the team just so they could get the exp.

Again, toxic people always abusing the tools Blizzard offers for personal gain.

2 Likes