Take out the 50 xp per endorsements

While it’s always nice to get an eye roll out of the implication people used to be so much better in the past, if the system is meant to reduce toxicity then yes a reward of some kind would be helpful. If there’s no incentive, then the people who were going to be toxic have no reason to stop.

“If I don’t get xp why should I endorse?”

Is it really so unheard of to show someone you thought they contributed positively to the game… without getting anything for it? :thinking:

2 Likes

How does it battle toxicity, when all you have to do is throw out some endorsements to get 150 XP? You don’t have to be nice at all in-game, it’s not the act of receiving endorsements that give you 150 XP, it’s the act of giving. So you can be a toxic beep as much as you want, you’re still getting your 150 XP at the end of the fight.

So in the end, you don’t have to be nice to get an endorsement, and you don’t have to be nice to get 150 XP. So what’s the point of the system then?

4 Likes

I think they should change it to 50xp per endorsement received.
They dont mean anything rn, because people will just give them out even if every single person in the game is a total a*shole and dont deserve it.

Change it to received 50xp so people who are good, actually get rewarded.

1 Like

I mean, I legitimately don’t use it to endorse people who were toxic or didn’t really play as a team?

Like, I get what you’re saying, but there are those of us who actually use the system the way it’s intended.

Plus, legit, the game hasn’t been this nice since launch. Sooooooooooooo… how about you stop complaining about something that’s actually working?

I know, I’m one of those who use it as intended, and would have without the rewards and XP. But there are a whole lot of people who’re just using it to get their 150 XP, which seriously undermines the endorsement levels.

My whole point here was that the 150 XP should be removed, and people should use the system to give someone a pat on the back for doing a good job, not just as a source for XP.

But… here’s the thing… some people need a carrot on a stick. I’ve seen a massive decrease in toxicity. Like, I’ve only encountered it in maybe 3 of the… I don’t know how many games I’ve played since I’ve come back.

It’s working a lot more of the time than it isn’t.

2 Likes

They may be easy to gain but are even easier to lose it.
Apparently you lose a big chunk of it if you leave a match and all of it if you get suspended.

Also keep in mind its whole point is to keep the toxicity low so it doesn’t really matter as far as ppl bereave.

1 Like

It’s way too early to say if it’s a success or not, it’s something new and exiting. I’ve also seen a lot less toxic players, but that might have to do that I’m only using LFG and never solo queue.

Another thing is, when the endorsement level becomes trivial and meaningless, it’s less of an incentive for people to want it any more. Just like a lot of people don’t care at all about XP and levels.

150 xp isn’t really much, I endorse based on which of my teammates fit the criteria. Also, I don’t disband group after I’ve gotten all my endorsements and make another one to get more endorsements because I can see that happening :angry:

Because in order to get endorsements you at least have to try and act decent. I think the system does need a bit of a rework, and I think that rework should include rewards for the person receiving the endorsement to provide incentive to not be toxic. No one wants to endorse someone who spent the whole match yelling at them

hell no, free XP is free XP. :grin:

What if, just not being a dick is a fine endorsement for good teamplay?

1 Like

If we lose I dont give out endorsements to people I dont think deserve them.

Give them to the right person. Simple

Giving people XP along with giving people rewards for receiving endorsements, would seriously undermine the system even further. The system as it stands now, is just another meaningless number since a lot of people just throw out endorsements to get their 150 XP, without a care in the world who gets it. A person don’t have to act nicely to get endorsed.

Well…I’m just speaking from experience, but people in my games tend to vote for each other’s cards at the end of the match, without any incentive. Even if they’re only voting for people on their team, at least they’re acknowledging each other’s performance, without necessarily receiving a reward for it :woman_shrugging:

I don’t know. I think removing the XP reward would mean that endorsements would be more _deserved. As in, they would be given out because you were a genuinely good player. Not because someone decided that they needed an extra 50 XP.

For me, it’s not about the free XP. It’s about the concept of acknowledging good people. I would absolutely love to do this, but endorsements mean squat right now!

1 Like

Is that basically not the cards at the end of the game, in theory the best moments by players are put to a vote. No one uses them anymore, or rather, its “ill vote for my teammate, screw you red team”. So yeah, I think people in this case do actually need an incentive to use something…

Xp is no the problem.
But we can reward to many player at once.
In fact in 2 game with LFG premade, you can endorse everyone.
Doesn’t make sens to me.

I mean I’ve noticed a great decrease in toxicity and an uprising in communication but it’s for the wrong reasons. I feel like people hiding behind false pretenses BUT I would rather have that because it’s better than the alternative which is toxicity, trolling, throwing lack of communication etc…

kinda sad that in order to stop the negativity Blizz had to implement a reward system for NOT being a jerk.