Take control of the forums please. Mercy threads are getting out of hand

no its a ‘blizzard can you please do something about the mercy spam in the forums that are making other threads not seen almost at all’. But the mods will decide on that i guess

I don’t have that much faith in the mods.

Could you provide a link please? I come on regularly,but never knew there was a Hog megathread.

i dont either, i dont have much faith in blizzard itself.

Nope, you said “blacklist the word mercy”, which can be paraphrased to “stop the mercy posts”. Which affects people more so than the dev’s actions

didnt age well as hook did get fixed but yea

2 Likes

Same lol. I didn’t even know there were other Megathreads until literally 10 minutes ago. I guess those aren’t all that “mega” in comparison to Wings’ tho.

Those threads will be ignored regardless of how many Mercy threads there are. Even amongst all the Mercy, Brig & Hanzo complaint threads, they sift through it all to find something they WANT to read & ignore the rest.

Like a thank you post :eyes:

Thanks friend! (6 chars)

1 Like

any anti mercy thread can be seen as ‘stop the mercy posts’ then.

welcome

1 Like

I see way more “I’M BAD NERF BRIG!” threads than Mercy ones lately.

5 Likes

i see way more mercy threads than brig. lol

And this is contributing to them

I don’t get you guys sometimes

Don’t you think that maybe instead of silencing and blacklisting a very popular and vocal community in their forums, they should instead… I dunno, listen to them? Update them on their thoughts? Not just completely ignore them?

4 Likes

i know its contributing to them, but my contribution is one that is trying to stop the spam.

its a damned if you do damned if you dont scenario. If they communicate more the mercy players will still be upset.

Well yes, I dare say that the anti threads are much bigger issue honestly

3 Likes

So try to stop it with more spam?

Got it :wink:

4 Likes

Over half of these mercy threads are people telling mercy mains to stop complaining tho

5 Likes

i would say its 60-75% mercy and 40-35% anti mercy, but eh idk the full statistics

i overexaggerated the number anyways

1 Like

Allowing personal blacklists and the like for certain threads could be useful, but blacklisting by word or by poster seems like it would make things unsusable pretty fast. Especially for charcters whose names are also normal words.

But blacklisting threads you don’t want to see so that they don’t turn up for you… that could be very useful for so many reasons. A similar, if underutilized, trick exists with the Ignore/Mute feature though.

1 Like