Syms Turrets should not slow

The only changes I’d like to see to the turrets is to give Sym 4 rather than 3, and share their current hp/slow/damage out over the 4.

Mostly because 4 isn’t symmetrical dammit it’s right in her name.

Also make them invincible until they hit their target, and change the CD to work like Torb’s so that they’re basically always available unless they’ve just been destroyed or fired on a target.

1 Like

As someone who plays Symmetra I find her turrets easy to counter and obvious when you know what you are looking for, I have no problem taking out Enemy Symmetra turrets as practically any hero.

What makes them obvious is the sound they make, I can often hear them before I walk around a corner so I know to turn back and shoot them.

I also pay attention when I see an enemy Symmetra teleporter and start considering all the angles turrets could have flown out.

People can also group up so when the turrets start killing one person a second can help deal with them and if the person they originally started hitting was a tank they wont die.

The problem is people don’t like to learn how to counter things, What they want is to do the same tactics every game, People wont even change heroes when it isn’t working.

If someone is consistently dying because they keep running into a turret trap and they still decide not to group up that is on them.

Turrets are obvious and should only work as a trap a limited number of times then they will need to start being used in team fights so they aren’t the sole focus of the enemy who can easily counter them.

2 Likes

Excuse me, but it is in fact “My gondola is useless!”.

1 Like

More obvious than you think, it’s the place where symmetra is defending and trying to bait you into going or small rooms where you have to go through a choke or doorway and then get zapped. Because everywhere else the turrets are no bueno and get destroyed instantly. Behind walls where attacking team has no direct line of sight into till they contest that space where symmetra’s team is holding, that’s where you will find symm turrets. Unless you got flankers, then there’s some on the obvious flank route.

Basically if people didn’t rush headfirst into the left room on attack anubis, without lettign the tank go first when they see symm is on the other team spamming orbs, they wouldn’t get grilled by the turret setup.

My favourite is definitely luring enemy divers into some high ground position, especially snipers… and watch them get grilled by the turrets they are too late to see that I placed there just for them. Bonus points if they climb to me on high ground spamming orbs so they can kill me but get zapped by 150dps autoaim and realise they made a horrible mistake. So if you’re going against symm, don’t take the obvious routes or obvious spots that you don’t see are clear of turrets and be aware that they can be found behind corners. And some places are obviously better spots than others, such as aforementioned anubis rooms or behind anubis pillars on point B.

1 Like

Without a drop of hyperbole I can say this:

Removing the slow from sentry turrets would make them useless.

The slow is the only thing that keeps them relevant in any way. They’re on a VERY long cooldown, die in one melee hit, are slow to set-up, and vulnerable mid-air.

Please.

The only change I could possibly see for turrets is a modest cooldown reduction, and the QoL ability to destroy our turrets manually, which we definitely need.

2 Likes

Nerfing Sym right now. Funny joke. They exist for the slow anyways, they do potato damage

They should slow

Ive always thought it dumb that each turret slow stacks on top of the other instead if having 1 set slow no matter how many.
Very annoying.

Meh trade off for them all in one place.

1 Like

They can slow - that’s actually a really good utility to have, otherwise they’d be useless.

I just wish they’d buzz a little louder…they’re so hard to hear. :confused:

If you remove the slow, increase the range. Slow is what enables turrets to do damage in the first place. They have potato range which slow makes up for. Plus, slow has always been her thing. Utility in general was always her thing. It’s kind of a key part of her sentries and kit. Slow helps her land orbs and track with primary fire.

So no, don’t remove slow unless you make up drastically for her potato sentry range.

(To the guy who said sentries aren’t obvious, the only way I think of them as not obvious is tp bomb, setting up beforehand, or music or somethin preventing you from hearing any of the loud noises sentries make.)

I never said I wanted the slow to be removed…I said the opposite.

1 Like

Did I accidently press reply? lol, if I did, my bad but I meant for it to be a general reply. Sorry!

Give them 60 HP each remove outlines then you can remove their speed debuff.

And make it so mass res brings turrets back to life.

I can’t say I’m not guilty of that either :joy:

1 Like

“Sym is not trash, shes fine, but for gods sake, never pick her on my team”
-taur

honestly whos so stupid to die to her turrets? i never die to those.
do you like to just stand there, and wave at them?
are you really that bad at this game?
jesus.
the slow isnt even that strong, and so many characters can just ignore it.
moira, reaper,genji, tracer, brigitte, dva, winston, lucio, orisa, mei, pharah, mercy… almost the whole cast can ignore symmetras kit.

maybe try to actually deal with her stuff instead from being an imbecile and letting her turrets stay, or not focusing her when shes trying to kill you with that short 65 dps beam of hers, that wont go past level 1 if you have any sense of sight.

1 Like

Maybe you should watch some master and grand master sym players. Meanwhile there are quite a lot of them.

Forum logic: something killed me that I don’t play, NEEERRRRF

1 Like

So literally everyone: “Just don’t walk into her turrets forehead” I want all of you to think that when you die to those things. From her tele turrets to just trying to do a dive and your Hammon just gets stopped instantly by her 3 turrets or your Tracer dies in split second or autolocking on anyone in the air. I mean I’m sorry all of you are butt hurt over me saying this but autolocking slowing turrets is a no go. Give her back 6 I don’t care but they should not slow. To all of you Sym mains. I just have no words because you’re obviously insane.

1 Like

Dang man just learn how to deal with the slow maybe choose a different hero if your fighting sym. Find a matchup you enjoy