Sym's Primary Fire

The new primary fire is borderline unusable. It takes huge risk to go in that close to enemies, and by time it begins to ramp up enough damage to actually be useful you’re probably about to die.

Most of the players I’ve seen address this prefer to use the secondary fire, even in close range, myself included.
My problem with the beam isn’t the aiming part.
I believe that achieving the next tier on the weapon takes too long, and decreasing between the tiers is too fast. This makes the weapon incredibly inconsistent at dealing damage and honestly just not worth the risk of getting up close and personal with the enemy.

There are a number of changes that could be tested to remedy this weakness:

• Speed at which tiers are reached could be increased
  • Speed at which tiers decay could be decreased
  • Damage of her standard tier-1 primary fire could be slightly increased, as it is laughably low.
  • Symmetra could be provided with 50 extra shield HP to compensate for having to get dangerously close to the enemy, especially now that her old photon barrier is gone.

What are your thoughts?

Moon :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

I do find myself using alt fire more often then primary fire, but I think it’s just because it’s easier to hit with. I’ll use the primary if there are multiple targets and I’m not being focused. I wouldn’t mind the ramp-down being slower, but I don’t want the ramp-up to be any faster. DPS is really high at the top tier and it should take a little work to get there.

As long as you use it while with your team, and mostly against shields, it is great.
Using it as your main source of damage isn’t what it is designed for.

1 Like

The decay of the beam NEEDS to be as twice, maybe thrice long as it is currently

1 Like

it’s horribly designed if that’s the case. a primary fire that shouldn’t be used primarily? instead you should just spam bootleg pharah rockets?

1 Like

Mei? Roadhog? Do you play the same game?

girl if you don’t use mei’s primary as much as her secondary then idk what to say… :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

If you do. You are literally throwing.

1 Like

The tier 3 180DPS is respectable indeed. The problem is starting at sub-par 60DPS which upgrades to just average 120DPS after two seconds.

It would be okay at only slightly below average 100DPS at tier 1, slightly above average 140 at tier 2 and the current 180 at tier 3.

Don’t go near enemies then? you have a long range nuke on your secondary

did you ever play Mei?
Mei is not for no reason 3 stars. If you play her only with Left click you are useless. You play her in high level with 70% Right, 30% Left.

i carry with mei. it’s supposed to be 50% L2 and 50% R2. :ghost:

Yes u do. And my Best friend is Kephrii.

Fix the tick rate. Soft lock and bigger hitbox. Reduce the damage output if need be for soft lock.

Agreed. Primary and ult are garbage.

umm here’s my thoughts on sym’s primary fire.
-remove it’s ability to charge ammo on shields.

all of your problems will be solved by playing with the team and staying behind the shields of your tanks.

I agree. Nerf secondary fire!

1 Like

Yeah, nerf Symmetra even more like she isn’t garbage already. You confirmed you are a console player man. No offense but let the “adults” (PC gamers) talk. You should specify you are on console, because this mythical game balance where Symmetra is god tier never happened for us. :rofl:

1 Like

You and everybody else has been saying this.

New Sym is really bad. Like, worse than Sym 2.0. She got most of her value from her team-melting (if hard to use) primary and her shield generator, and they took both away.

if by adults you mean children I’m okay with leaving y’all to be ignorant people.