Syms gun is the absolute worst

Her gun before the rework at least it felt like it was useful for something like locking on to high mobility targets. And could devastate a unsuspecting backline.

It makes no sense she would have her current gun. One. It’s really not even that great at breaking shield, two it’s a painfully slow charge with terrible range creating a very small window of where you are actually effective.

Why would a character with no protective abilities be at close range with a shield. Just so they can slowly sap at it? It’s not effective at all. In what world would I want to be 200 health and standing in front of a rein? Something really needs to be done with her primary because it’s just awful to use along with impractical.

71 Likes

it was cancerous and im glad it’s gone

30 Likes

Sym is a terrible hero, no arguments there. Virtually her entire kit is problematic and needs fixing.

33 Likes

It’s actually quite amusing how many reworks they’ve tried and still managed to mess her up

Only took 1 attempt with the other builder

32 Likes

sym’s old beam was a lot better imo

38 Likes

well said!

every other close range hero has 2 or 3 defensive features. mei has wall and block and 250 health and can freeze. reaper has wraith and self-heal and 250 and instant high damage…

symm is a 200 hp zarya with shorter range and no bubbles

36 Likes

Sym’s gun has the second highest dps in the game next to Bastion’s turret form. If you can survive by working from advantageous angles or being pocket healed, it can chain kill extremely fast.

9 Likes

Sym used to counter high mobility targets Genji Tracy Lucio.

Now she counters tanks… that have no idea how to tank properly.

21 Likes

Yes. It actaully got massive nerfs with a few (useless) compensation buffs.

5 Likes

you mean just like any other dps? lul

2 Likes

Other heroes lose a lot of dps with their reloads that makes it more difficult to chain as quickly, Sym has one of the best firing time to reload ratios and is less inhibited by barriers. Zarya does close to like 130 dps when you factor reloads while Sym is at around 170, plus a bit more if you can get a cheeky turret or two placed on them while they’re distracted.

Her teleporter could use some QoL buffs but is still useful for finding those flanks, especially when you can can get charged up from a higher ledge before committing, this makes attack on Horizon my favorite map for Sym.

3 Likes

They should have her like a Moira type beam and kept her personal shield. Not necessarily lock on but also not too much aim and good for flankers

8 Likes

I agree. Her primary is close to being good but not yet

Sym 2.0: Great close range tools,no way to get in close range

Sym 3.0: Can get into close ranges (AKA turret bombing),but has no tools to help her once she’s there

Sym is forever gonna be unreliable.

18 Likes

She just needs closer sustain and she’ll be ok. Right now she is is too squishy to be front line.

4 Likes

i want 2.0 symm back!! T-T

22 Likes

Just give up on symmetra like i did, she is trash and will always be trash, look at trashfist, the devs let this thing be a huge cc fest and burst dmg mess with self sustain but symmetra nah.

6 Likes

Yea she’s pretty much a rooftop Pharah now

1 Like

Sym’s old gun was iconic and now it’s gone. Any other heroes had their primary fire completely changed? No? Because it’s iconic.

14 Likes

I love Symm’s current design and i think with the recent buffs she is great but most importantly incredible fun to play and very versatile in ranked. So im afraid i will never agree with the loud minority of people who still complain about her.

Having said that, i agree that her survivability is her biggest issue and giving her a passive shield aura that gives her and those around her 25 shields or just a base health increase of 25-50 or smthn around those lines would be really nice and make her actually strong, rather than a very nice and quirky situational pick for non-Symm players. The first part of this post was intended so that people who want to go back to old symm and other, in my opinion, completely nonsensical ideas, dont associate with me.

2 Likes