Symmetra Rework: Defense or Support?

In which direction infinite?

6 Likes

Also POGGERS, high ground advantage for dive gonna die?

5 Likes

The days of being microwaved around corners are finally over.

15 Likes

I’m assuming she’s not going to be able to give shields anymore then. If that’s true, I hope the idea will return in the future.

3 Likes

From a lowly gold player that has always wanted a build character that was viable(A character that rewards understanding how enemies position/map manipulation, and using it to your advantage.) I think this sounds great.

2 Likes

Please Geoff, make hard-light bridges a reality <3
(page 6 on A Better World Comic)

5 Likes

O___________O WHAAAAAAT???

that’s crazy awesome

7 Likes

Probably on a new hero. But they have to be careful about them because Tracer and Genji get out of hand quick with even a little extra health. Especially self-regenerating health.

1 Like

Look further up the post mate.

You guys are brilliantly creative.
I can see this being really useful on attack even which is great.

11 Likes

Thanks for the updates Geoff. Looking forward to testing the new Sym.

I love Overwatch

5 Likes

No shields for health then? Bah.

Wonderful transparency, Geoff. This new Symmetra sounds awesome, and a lot more fun and versatile than the Symmetra we have now. I can’t wait to see the rework in action!

12 Likes

Ahhh this is so exciting I love it so much!!!

2 Likes

Its actually been super interesting in playtests. There are a lot of different ways to use it and exactly where you place it is super important. You can do stuff like throw it into a fight from spawn like a Hanzo ult, because it spans across entire maps.

56 Likes

This rework sounds both super hot and super cool.

3 Likes

How long does the barrier last? What do you mean by it being “infinite in size”?

Is adding Shield HP gone from her kit entirely then? Torb/Sym/Brig was looking pretty good for a bit.

3 Likes

IMO the lock-on is part of what makes Sym Sym.

2 Likes

Guys, guys, guys…

…Satya Vaswani has just now gone full Portal mode on us.

14 Likes