Symmetra Rework: Defense or Support?

As a Symmetra main with close to 100 hours on her I am very very disappointed to read this.

Sure the extra damage and slow will be nice but spreading them out to see where enemies are coming from wont be as effective which depending on the situation can be very helpful.

In fact one of the main things that first made me want to play Symmetra was the fact she could place 6 turrets which would allow me to use different strategies and placements.
Less is just disappointing even if they are more effective.

12 Likes

So what about her other skills and weapon? New “projectile turrets” sound like they could fit as her alternate attack rather than Shift skill.

Why only three? How are we supposed to stop the enemy team on eichenwald now?

Already answered here.

2 Likes

Oh no… Did I create the next Stylosa/Your Overwatch/Overwatch Central/BTC video?

JK, love all y’all.

10 Likes

Can you share more info on the Tele? About that card you posted?

Is it anything close to what I suggested?

If they seem to be dying too easily (especially at a reduced amount to three) are you opposed to giving her more? A single melee strike still destroys them in one attack. Two close range bullets from soldier, a single shot from McCree, etc.

Her counters such as Winston and Mei (for turret destruction) can still clear them out really quickly at only 30 health. Do they have a faster cooldown?

9 Likes

I think the point is don’t put all 3 at the same location anymore.

1 Like

When is this expected to go on PTR?

1 Like

I’ll be able to cheese kill pharahs so much more easily

This is a positive change, but the rest of her kit has other drastic changes i hope. Especially her primary fire.

Though i’m still concerned over the turret’s viability. Are they still 1 hp that can be knocked out by a stray bullet from across the map? Or can they have a small, quickly respawning barrier that has to be deliberately broken to be destroyed.

Now that is real interesting. Makes her viable at both short and long range.

That very well might be the case. I still am concerned and I’m curious (like everyone else here, haha) for more info.

Nothing is finalized, they haven’t even decided how the animation for projectile turret work. They are simply in the “Dev testing phases” Which means Animation \ Art will take 2 months just for PTR.

I dont usually reply to devs because i am confident you guys are doing your best, but i have a serious question

Why did you guys abandoned the idea of a none healing support instead of adding another one?

It could be a support that gives lower cooldown,fast ult charge,giving ability like faster fire rate and unlimited ammo etc. Without needing to heal.

2 Likes

If this comes to pass, I will miss moments like this…

However I look forward to the changes nevertheless.

13 Likes

Fix Sombra’s bugs please!

5 Likes

Agreed, either give her more turrets or buff the hp.

Will her turrets regenerate or have a lower cooldown? Will her ult be changed? If it will be, would it be a dps ultimate or more support like, similar to Orisa’s Supercharger being more support than tank.

Edit: Will the turrets cooldown start when they hit the ground or when they are launched?

2 Likes

Please do not do this. Please, PLEASE stop removing characters’ ability to exert control over situations. I’m sick to death of having every character switched to dealing direct damage. This game was really exciting and fun at launch when it supported a range of playstyles and not just “kill the other guy as fast as possible.”

PLEASE do not do this.

13 Likes

Could we please have a deconstruct option for turrets deployed in unintended places?