Symmetra Rework: Defense or Support?

If they seem to be dying too easily (especially at a reduced amount to three) are you opposed to giving her more? A single melee strike still destroys them in one attack. Two close range bullets from soldier, a single shot from McCree, etc.

Her counters such as Winston and Mei (for turret destruction) can still clear them out really quickly at only 30 health. Do they have a faster cooldown?

9 Likes

I think the point is don’t put all 3 at the same location anymore.

1 Like

When is this expected to go on PTR?

1 Like

I’ll be able to cheese kill pharahs so much more easily

This is a positive change, but the rest of her kit has other drastic changes i hope. Especially her primary fire.

Though i’m still concerned over the turret’s viability. Are they still 1 hp that can be knocked out by a stray bullet from across the map? Or can they have a small, quickly respawning barrier that has to be deliberately broken to be destroyed.

Now that is real interesting. Makes her viable at both short and long range.

That very well might be the case. I still am concerned and I’m curious (like everyone else here, haha) for more info.

Nothing is finalized, they haven’t even decided how the animation for projectile turret work. They are simply in the “Dev testing phases” Which means Animation \ Art will take 2 months just for PTR.

I dont usually reply to devs because i am confident you guys are doing your best, but i have a serious question

Why did you guys abandoned the idea of a none healing support instead of adding another one?

It could be a support that gives lower cooldown,fast ult charge,giving ability like faster fire rate and unlimited ammo etc. Without needing to heal.

2 Likes

If this comes to pass, I will miss moments like this…

However I look forward to the changes nevertheless.

13 Likes

Fix Sombra’s bugs please!

5 Likes

Agreed, either give her more turrets or buff the hp.

Will her turrets regenerate or have a lower cooldown? Will her ult be changed? If it will be, would it be a dps ultimate or more support like, similar to Orisa’s Supercharger being more support than tank.

Edit: Will the turrets cooldown start when they hit the ground or when they are launched?

2 Likes

Please do not do this. Please, PLEASE stop removing characters’ ability to exert control over situations. I’m sick to death of having every character switched to dealing direct damage. This game was really exciting and fun at launch when it supported a range of playstyles and not just “kill the other guy as fast as possible.”

PLEASE do not do this.

13 Likes

Could we please have a deconstruct option for turrets deployed in unintended places?

Part of the issue is that Overwatch is a really fast paced game with a limited amount of slots per team. If the team sizes were larger, I could possibly see it working. As is though, you almost always want two healers on your team which means any other support now has to fight for the slot of a damage dealer or a tank.

For a non healing support to work, their utility also has to be absurdly strong. Things like Mei wall or Torb armor packs are great utility, but not strong enough to fit the role of a support. Often, if this utility is too strong, it feels incredibly punishing for the other team and can even feel mandatory to have on your team.

Personally, I think they should make another role separate from defense or support and call it utility. A mix between different roles, designed to bring unique strengths to a fight. Probably a bit more niche character wise here.

3 Likes

Sorry for off topic, but any plans for Ana buffs? There is Brigette release in season 10 and she kills Ana with Moira’s help.

3 Likes

Geoff
What do you think about the idea, to make the E to a area shield Ability.
Its like the Sym 1.0 but to all Friendly teammates and her self. Maybe she buffs the turrets too(!?). (~ 75 shield ~ for 2 sec. CD: 12)

Oh my gosh I love these changes so far. I hope we see more in the next developer update! I can’t wait!!!

I wonder what’s happening to photon barrier!

1 Like

This is true for me too. Symmetra was the very first hero I ever wanted to play, from the very first gameplay trailer, for precisely this reason. She seemed like a hero that focused on a more strategic mindset, and this proposed change seems like it’s just now “DPS – but from afar!”

5 Likes

Less turrets, more damage/slow per turret, AND you can cast them from afar sounds much more versatile in a teamfight.

It won’t be as easy to monitor your surroundings with a web of turrets, but what i’m seeing here is that they’ll be more effective individually.